Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WSSP  (Read 3790 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
WSSP
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:46:15 PM »
Turned on the local am sports radio this am, and this is what I heard on a pre-scripted update from Chuck Freidmund:

"Sam Hauser, a Marquette recruit, is scheduled to have ankle surgery.  Hauser is a standout at SPASH.  SPASH has won the state championship the last four years."

1.  Joey Hauser, not Sam.
2.  Surgery has already been completed.
3.  SPASH has won the title the last three years, not four.

But other than that, they nailed it.
#Fakenews

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: WSSP
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 01:07:58 PM »
Turned on the local am sports radio this am, and this is what I heard on a pre-scripted update from Chuck Freidmund:

"Sam Hauser, a Marquette recruit, is scheduled to have ankle surgery.  Hauser is a standout at SPASH.  SPASH has won the state championship the last four years."

#Fakenews
Hey, at least they're trying to report on high school players that impact MU. You don't get that in bigger markets.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:22:18 PM »

#Fakenews

Why on earth would you listen to WSSP?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 01:26:50 PM »

Yeah, what's the point.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
Yeah, it sucks......but it’s local.

I really don’t care about the Dodgers bullpen or who is the back up QB in Denver that you get on national sports  radio.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »
Yeah, it sucks......but it’s local.

I really don’t care about the Dodgers bullpen or who is the back up QB in Denver that you get on national sports  radio.

Neither do I but I listen to the SCORE just to avoid WSSP.

And the morning is by far the worst.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »
That's why I love my Sirius XM. I like the college sports station.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 09:15:48 AM »
Neither do I but I listen to the SCORE just to avoid WSSP.

And the morning is by far the worst.

I disagree. Gary Ellerson is the single worst on-air "talent" I've ever heard. He constantly interrupts his co-hosts, yells for no reason and his reads are incomprehensible.

He is not qualified to be on the radio, and I'm not sure there are any actual qualifications to begin with.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »
I disagree. Gary Ellerson is the single worst on-air "talent" I've ever heard. He constantly interrupts his co-hosts, yells for no reason and his reads are incomprehensible.

He is not qualified to be on the radio, and I'm not sure there are any actual qualifications to begin with.

Yes.  Gary is friggin awful.  And Sparky is horrendous too, mainly because he acts like he knows everything and knows the right thing for every team in the history of sports to be doing and they're all doing it wrong.  Must be height complex going on there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 11:17:51 AM »
That's why I love my Sirius XM. I like the college sports station.

I've never listened to the sports stations on Sirius. I'll have to check them out.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 12:44:17 PM »
I've never listened to the sports stations on Sirius. I'll have to check them out.
If your a college football nut and during the heart of hoops season (Jan thru March) Channel 84, which is now called ESPNU radio. After Marquette beat Villanova last year, Wojo had to be on 4 different shows in a 2 day period. I'm willing to bet that wasn't the case for Milwaukee radio.

There is a also a MLB channel. NBA, NHL, NFL, Nascar, Soccer, Fox Sports Radio, PGA Golf, etc. Plus, I always stream it at work and on my phone when I'm cutting the grass. Walking the dog, etc.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:48:40 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »
If your a college football nut and during the heart of hoops season (Jan thru March) Channel 84, which is now called ESPNU radio. After Marquette beat Villanova last year, Wojo had to be on 4 different shows in a 2 day period. I'm willing to bet that wasn't the case for Milwaukee radio.

There is a also a MLB channel. NBA, NHL, NFL, Nascar, Soccer, Fox Sports Radio, PGA Golf, etc. Plus, I always stream it at work and on my phone when I'm cutting the grass. Walking the dog, etc.

Not a college football guy - I won't spend 6 hours watching any event - but I'll check it out for college hoops, MLB, and NFL.

Thanks!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 03:51:57 PM »

Thanks for the tip.  I had basically sworn off local (Milwaukee) sports talk shows because there are so many insufferable people on (not to mention the hosts!). Especially after Packers losses, there is no part of sports radio that is accretive to my well-being. If I want to hate my life, I will open Twitter (for what it's worth, I apparently hate my life most mornings at give-or-take 5am).