collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Gas Shortage  (Read 5820 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Gas Shortage
« on: May 12, 2021, 08:37:36 AM »
What a mess!!  🤞things get back online by the weekend, MU82 I saw a report that 70% of stations are completely out in the Charlotte/Raleigh area?  You seeing that on the ground there?

MU82

• All American
Re: Gas Shortage
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 08:46:09 AM »
What a mess!!  🤞things get back online by the weekend, MU82 I saw a report that 70% of stations are completely out in the Charlotte/Raleigh area?  You seeing that on the ground there?

I haven't "seen" that based on casual observations, as it appeared that all gas stations we passed the last couple days were open and pumping. There were lines at Costco yesterday, indicating they had fuel to sell.

But I have read about some gas stations in the area running out, so I have no reason to doubt that.

Thankfully, my wife and I happened to fill up our cars last week, and hers is a hybrid that gets almost 50 mpg. So hopefully things will get back on line before we (and our fellow Carolinians) are in need.

EDIT: Just saw this article, also saying that majority of Charlotte stations out of gas, and providing an interactive "gas-tracker": https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article251348868.html?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:49:43 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »
Things seem fine here in the midwest. Prices have gone up maybe 10 cents but that's about it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 09:32:29 AM »
I was speaking with someone yesterday.  They have a friend who is on vacation in Myrtle Beach and teh friend had to drive an hour from Myrtle Beach to find a station that had gas available.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 09:58:45 AM »
We had a single station that ran out of gas. People are freaking out, even though that is an everyday occurrence where a gas station cuts it close on refilling their tanks. They were back in business within hours.
Oh the horror!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 09:59:10 AM »
Vaccine hunters turning into gas hunters.

Man, we’ve had a crazy 17 months.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
Majority of stations near us are out.  Those that have fuel have lines of literally dozens of cars waiting.  Luckily, my wife's car is nearly full and I have half a tank which based on how little I've been driving these days, could last me a couple of weeks. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 10:21:56 AM »
How much of this is attributable to actual shortages vs. people hoarding?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 10:30:53 AM »
Plenty down here in Texas!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 11:16:10 AM »
Sleepy Joe thinks he's living in the Carter Administration.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 11:39:16 AM »
Sleepy Joe thinks he's living in the Carter Administration.

Yes. A pipeline company not having proper security on their system is Biden's fault.

Sigh.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 11:58:48 AM »
Yes. A pipeline company not having proper security on their system is Biden's fault.

Sigh.

It is just as much as a once in a lifetime pandemic was the fault of Don.  No one is blaming Joe for the attack, the response of his administration has been lackluster.   

Throw it on top of the rising gas prices because of his energy policies, the mess in the Middle East, higher then expected inflation, southern border chaos only getting worse, dismal job numbers and its been a helluva first 3 months for the guy.  But on the bright side....no mean tweets!!! 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 11:59:45 AM »

Sigh.

Whooosh

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 12:05:26 PM »

Sigh.

Hook line and sinker.

How long until a car explodes from people recklessly transporting gas in plastic bags and buckets in the back of their car?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 12:05:42 PM »
This is more akin to the toilet paper "shortage."

No actual shortage of product, just a bunch of dummies running on the gas stations in a panic.

Whooosh

There are 4 o's in Woooosh.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 12:30:05 PM »
This is more akin to the toilet paper "shortage."

No actual shortage of product, just a bunch of dummies running on the gas stations in a panic.

That's exactly what this is. A cyber attack is merely dangerous. But the stupidity of the public is catastrophic.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 12:35:17 PM »
I see politics are allowed here again.  Yippee!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 12:53:53 PM »
I see politics are allowed here again.  Yippee!

Haha, guilty 😳🤦‍♂️

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 01:35:55 PM »
Finally time to get my BEV

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »

$hit's already back up and running. Weak-willed and panicky is no way to go through life.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 04:51:31 PM »
This just in from the NYT:

The operator of Colonial Pipeline said on Wednesday that it had started to resume pipeline operations.

“It will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal,” the company said on its website. “Some markets served by Colonial Pipeline may experience, or continue to experience, intermittent service interruptions during the start-up period.”

+++

We went to our local Costco today to shop, not get gas. They had gas, they had a quite reasonable price ($2.57), and they were extremely organized in the way they dealt with the lines. They had one entrance to the parking lot blocked off and wound the cars past it to keep them from interfering with the shoppers who weren't looking for gas and went in at the other entrance, and they had an employee at the entrance to make sure everybody went the right direction to either shop or get gas.

Glad to hear that it looks like all of this will be in the rearview mirror soon.

Now, y'all are free to go back to talkin' politics again. I am outraged by it, as it's something I would never do!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 08:37:08 PM »
$hit's already back up and running. Weak-willed and panicky is no way to go through life.

Weak willed and panicky but keeping fingers crossed things get resolved asap?

Strange take.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2021, 11:28:22 AM »
What should we make of the FoxNews story that the hackers were paid $4-5 mlll in cryptocurrency to resume service? 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:29:55 AM by MuggsyB »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2021, 11:35:49 AM »
What should we make of the FoxNews story that the hackers were paid $4-5 mlll in cryptocurrency to resume service?

Given that Bloomberg's reporting it id say every blind squirrel finds a nut. Of course Fox's version probably blames Biden for it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »
One station near me required a minimum purchase of $40.  Not sure what the thought process was.  Maybe to keep people from coming back to fill up their lawnmower 2 gallon containers. Maybe requiring cars to be running on fumes before letting them fill up.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:00:57 PM by NCMUFan »

feedback