[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Garry Parrish says Buzz will take either OU or Ark job  (Read 25450 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Garry Parrish says Buzz will take either OU or Ark job
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
Merritt--Why would TC have felt heat until last two years he was here? Any heat he felt in his final year. Just because 95% of the posters on here are pro any coach we have does not mean famous alum feel same way. My point was more that Buzz might be at the peak of what he can expect in outside jobs. If we are 11 seed again next year his stock will fall.

For not being 'bama football I have heard or read the following the past couple weeks:
Hank was asked to step down---TRUE
Rick was asked to step down---FALSE
Dukiet was canned---TRUE
KO was nuts---TRUE
Deanne was canned---TRUE
TC felt some pressure late and quit---TRUE

Might not be 'bama football but hardly a government union job or tenured prof at MU.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »
Merritt--Why would TC have felt heat until last two years he was here? Any heat he felt in his final year. Just because 95% of the posters on here are pro any coach we have does not mean famous alum feel same way. My point was more that Buzz might be at the peak of what he can expect in outside jobs. If we are 11 seed again next year his stock will fall.

For not being 'bama football I have heard or read the following the past couple weeks:
Hank was asked to step down---TRUE
Rick was asked to step down---FALSE
Dukiet was canned---TRUE
KO was nuts---TRUE
Deanne was canned---TRUE
TC felt some pressure late and quit---TRUE

Might not be 'bama football but hardly a government union job or tenured prof at MU.

Why would Crean have felt heat his last 2 seasons at MU? I was referring to the 04-05 season when MU literally struggled to bring the ball up the court.

I don't understand the point of the bullets about the former coaches. Yes, KO was (and is) nuts. That's no secret. It was also no secret that he left MU for what he considered to be a better job. Crean also left MU for what he believed to be a better job. To say he "felt some pressure late and quit" is completely asinine.

I do understand what you're saying about Buzz's stock being high so at least there's that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
Merritt---TC did receive heat in two incidents in final season, both following a loss. These guys know how to play the game and if alums or admins start giving you heat it is game on.

For agument sake do you think IU called TC or TC called IU?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2011, 03:00:26 PM »
Merritt---TC did receive heat in two incidents in final season, both following a loss. These guys know how to play the game and if alums or admins start giving you heat it is game on.

For agument sake do you think IU called TC or TC called IU?

Be that as it may, I highly doubt he left for IU because of those 2 incidents.

No offense, but I have no interest in discussing TC anymore.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »
For the outsider...which 2 incidents are you referring too? Feel free to answer in coach speak.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2011, 03:20:21 PM »
Merritt---No offense taken. Only referenced TC because you said this is not 'bama football. Coaches are paranoid guys and know they are alays one slip up away from being NBA assistant, especially in today's moral conduct world.

Trust me that Buzz is riding a wave that he could not have imagined two months ago. The odds of 3-4 openings of stature in his home turf will not happen every year.

Unfortunately a year from now you might be saying "No offense, but I have no interest in discusing BW anymore"

Just remember coaches have very, very thin skin. Once an alum goes from back slapper to in your face it might be time to relocate.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2011, 03:22:38 PM »
If he keeps going to the tournament, there will be no heat.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:25:00 PM by lab_warrior »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
Labwarrior---Wasn't TC's last game against Stanford in round 2 of NCAA?

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2011, 04:23:36 PM »
Goose, just curious, but is this just coming from your own personal opinion/speculation like the rest of us, or do have some type of insight of some things going on behind the scenes?  You certainly seem to be implying you're aware of some things that aren't public knowledge.

edit: just saw your response on the previous page.  But that was more for when Buzz was hired, does the same hold true now?  The backslapper to in-your-face comment struck me as odd.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:26:40 PM by Litehouse »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »
Litehouse--I believe that it is common knowledge that an influential alum had words with TC on two occasions after tough losses. Jest of the conversation was "we have to win these games". Honestly it is old news to me, but maybe some other poster can add more to the post. A Georgetown home loss on a silly foul and Stanford NCAA loss seems to ring a bell to me.

My only point is MU might not be 'bama football but coaches do feel heat. Some can hack it and some read between the lines that anything is possible.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
My only point is MU might not be 'bama football but coaches do feel heat. Some can hack it and some read between the lines that anything is possible.

I don't doubt this is true, but I have a hard time believing that a coach who struggled to hack it at Marquette would run off to Indiana, where the scrutiny, demands and expectations are only about tenfold.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »
Pakuni---Coaches live for job security. There are many on here who believe TC is in trouble at IU, which is insane by the way. These guys know how fragile their profession is and protect that daily. He left for IU because it was better job and a new contract for security.

He was not going to get canned at MU, however his crying wolf for more money every year was over with. Once the hand that feeds you shows doubt you better watch your back. His calling IU showed his hand that gig was up. Buzz saw what happened and knows his best option to leave is probably now.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »
I meant Buzz in the last 2 month timeframe you mentioned, not TC.  Mostly I was wondering if there's any truth to the rumor of some alum not being happy with Buzz.  I've never seen anything to indicate that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2011, 06:18:49 PM »
Litehouse--I have no idea of anybody if any heavy hitters are upset with Buzz. Really if the money guy or car salesman are upset with Buzz it would surprise me. They put a full court press on to first find Buzz and the convince him to take the job. Not sure what their expectations for Buzz were but he has far exceeded mine.

feedback