Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dekker announces he is leaving - Per ESPN  (Read 17712 times)

OnWisconsin

• Starter
Re: Dekker announces he is leaving - Per ESPN
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 01:12:22 PM »
Good player, but thinks he's tougher than he is.  The stair downs he tries make him look ridiculous.  The pointing at his muscles when there's really nothing there, especially compared to most division 1 college basketball players, was absolutely hysterical.

Yeah, this definitely makes him one of the true bad guys in college hoops. Wooden Award winners should never show any emotion.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »
I think there is everything to dislike about Kaminsky. Don't have an issue with Dekker or Hayes.

I was neutral on the guy 'til the Oregon game when he flexed at the crowd following a garbage time putback layup over a guy a foot and a half shorter than him. Looked like a COMPLETE loser.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 01:19:50 PM »
I was neutral on the guy 'til the Oregon game when he flexed at the crowd following a garbage time putback layup over a guy a foot and a half shorter than him. Looked like a COMPLETE loser.

He better be careful about pulling that garbage in the NBA. 

brandx

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »
People here supported Mayo, but have a problem with Dekker or Kaminsky's attitude?

That's pretty funny.

Personally, I hate guys who always play hard and make it known that they want to win.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 01:41:09 PM »
People here supported Mayo, but have a problem with Dekker or Kaminsky's attitude?

That's pretty funny.

Personally, I hate guys who always play hard and make it known that they want to win.

Everyone here knew Todd had issues. We cheered for him because he was on our team. That's it.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »

That's pretty funny.

Dekker always plays hard? News to me. It seemed like he disappeared all the time before the tournament run.
Bring back FFP!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 01:51:24 PM »
SAM DEKKER ENTERING NBA DRAFT
The junior is being tabbed as a potential lottery pick after a strong NCAA tournament. He said: "I love the school and am so grateful for everything, but I think this is the right decision for me as a player and as a person."

The exploitation of the NCAA tournament moved him up in the draft considerably.  He should have to pay that increased amount of money to someone....anyone....for the exploitation.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 01:55:58 PM »
The exploitation of the NCAA tournament moved him up in the draft considerably.  He should have to pay that increased amount of money to someone....anyone....for the exploitation.

Wow. You really enjoy beating a dead horse, huh?

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 02:01:42 PM »
Dekker will be a better pro than Kaminsky. And I like Kaminsky a lot. But I think Dekker can create more matchup problems than Kaminsky can.
We Are Marquette

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 02:12:22 PM »

Please tell us what declaring for the NBA can tell us about Dekker's penis size.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »
Also, has Hayes announced what his plans are for next year?

Hayes said in Monday's postgame locker room that's he's staying.  In response to a question about his plans for next year, he said something like "you saw the game...I'm not anywhere near ready for the next level."
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »
Yeah, this definitely makes him one of the true bad guys in college hoops. Wooden Award winners should never show any emotion.

Might want to reread and see who is being talked about.

But again, another of our little brothers.  Congrats on your back to back Final Fours.  You had a great 2 year run here.  Please go and celebrate it.  You have the approval of your big brother Marquette.  Stop wasting your time worrying about what we think, and go enjoy what you just saw the last 2 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »
Wow. You really enjoy beating a dead horse, huh?

I think that horse decomposed a long, long time ago ;D

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »
+1

Dekker and Hayes seem like good dudes.

Kaminisky is as bad as Koenig in likeability.

I don't blame Kaminsky for in-game moaning.  As Mr. Miyagi said, "...only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do."  Kaminsky seems like a regular goofy college kid in interviews, etc. and has improved a lot through hard work.  I have no problem with the kid.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »

By the way, since you brought up the Wooden Award winner, will this one actually graduate after spending 4 years in college?  And will he be able to find any balls to rub in the pros while wearing a camera on his chest like he did in college?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 02:54:56 PM »
Everyone here knew Todd had issues. We cheered for him because he was on our team. That's it.

Honestly, tough to cheer for him because of the issues even though he was on the team.  Just calling it like it is

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »
Honestly, tough to cheer for him because of the issues even though he was on the team.  Just calling it like it is

Hot take. So brave.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »
surprising that so many Badger fans posted negative comments towards Dekker in the JSonline article of this story

well maybe not so surprising...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »
surprising that so many Badger fans posted negative comments towards Dekker in the JSonline article of this story

well maybe not so surprising...

What surprises me is they are acting like it's a shock. Dekker leaving has been a foregone conclusion for months. I can understand some optimistic fans hoping against hope, but that was like those of us hoping Wade would come back for his senior year.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2015, 04:28:24 PM »
It'd be quite ironic if Dekker had graduated in 3 years.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
It'd be quite ironic if Dekker had graduated in 3 years.

Considering Bo can't graduate most guys in 5 years, that would have been a remarkable accomplishment! ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
I think one of the articles from Anonymous Eagle mentioned that Dekker's major is still "Undecided" on the official web site.  If that's accurate, he probably won't graduate in 3 years.

Considering Bo can't graduate most guys in 5 years, that would have been a remarkable accomplishment! ;D

chapman

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
They should build out Clap for Credit as a full major.  Golf clap, single hand clap, clap on/clap off light management.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2015, 05:35:20 PM »
They should build out Clap for Credit as a full major.  Golf clap, single hand clap, clap on/clap off light management.

Crean to UW?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:02 PM »
Hayes said in Monday's postgame locker room that's he's staying.  In response to a question about his plans for next year, he said something like "you saw the game...I'm not anywhere near ready for the next level."

Jason Richardson said the exact same thing after Michigan State lost to Arizona in the 2001 Final Four. Within days, he changed his mind. Then again, Richardson was a sure lottery pick where Hayes is not. And I have no reason to doubt Hayes was telling the truth. Just stating the obvious: Sometimes what these guys say in the heat of the moment isn't necessarily what ends up being true.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson