[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 108033 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »

According to quantum theory, yes there is a chance. There is also a chance that the huge boulder in your front yard will suddenly fly into the air and land in my front yard.

Regarding Sam, I suspect the chance isn't great.

Honestly, I don't know how I'd feel if he returned. It would certainly improve our chances on paper of being a Final Four caliber team next season, but I wonder if it would have unintended consequences in terms of team chemistry and our roster for the future. Sam's departure creates a domino effect in minutes that will affect guys like Jamal, Greg, Brendan, Ed and others, so his sudden return would change those expectations. Would one or more of those guys resent his return? Would younger players be disappointed at the sudden "loss" of those minutes and transfer?

I have no inside info on Sam or Joey's plans, but I'm ready to move on with the guys we have.

Yeah, I agree.  I think it is a heathly outlook for me too.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

jnolan23

• Walk-On
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
Chance. The door is open.

Do we know that it is from Marquette's perspective?  Any word as to whether Wojo & Company have reached out?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2019, 10:00:13 AM »
Is there any deadline that they need to meet to make their announcement?

Izzo, Bennett (and Gard, LOL) may have put deadlines on their offers, but otherwise, they just need to get in before the fall semester registration ends.  August?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »
Let me no wen Kate changes her mind and wants that threesome, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »
Is there any deadline that they need to meet to make their announcement?

~When school starts
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2019, 10:57:20 AM »
Do we know that it is from Marquette's perspective?  Any word as to whether Wojo & Company have reached out?

Yes.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2019, 11:48:57 AM »
Is there any chance that Sam will come back to Marquette?

I've been told Sam and Wojo had an end-of-year meeting that turned into a shouting match.

So no.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 28, 2019, 11:54:03 AM »
I've been told Sam and Wojo had an end-of-year meeting that turned into a shouting match.

So no.

I have been told your story is bogus.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #208 on: May 28, 2019, 11:54:21 AM »
Have there been any official news reports on this yet? As far as I can tell most of the websites stating it as fact aren't legit..

Nope.  And I changed the subject to reflect the unofficial status of the report.  Sam and Joey have not made official commitments - yet.

And, the last thing from Joey was retweeting Goodman as them saying "We hope to make a decision in the next few days, but a final decision hasn’t been made yet. ... and we never previously committed to Wisconsin."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:57:02 AM by rocky_warrior »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 28, 2019, 12:05:11 PM »
Nope.  And I changed the subject to reflect the unofficial status of the report.  Sam and Joey have not made official commitments - yet.

And, the last thing from Joey was retweeting Goodman as them saying "We hope to make a decision in the next few days, but a final decision hasn’t been made yet. ... and we never previously committed to Wisconsin."

Thank you Rocky...I don't know about others, but seeing the headline as being "official", made me a little squeamish.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2019, 12:06:16 PM »
Deadline is tomorrow at 11:59pm so I am guessing the Hausers will decide Friday. I kind of hope they end up at the same school as an F U to potrykus and other badger media for putting out that article last weekend.

I know I am in the minority, but I continue to be puzzled by the criticism of the media (Polzin also). They have sources at UW who tell them that the Hausers have informed UW that they have made a decision.  If they trust those sources, even if they get a
no comment from the Hausers, they should report it IMO. If they get a denial from the Hausers, and they trust the sources, they still can report it with the denial. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2019, 12:13:33 PM »
I will send you the invite soon as I get it.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
Re: Unofficial - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2019, 12:17:00 PM »
If I had to bet, I'd put the current situation at:

Joey - 90% MSU, 10% UW
Sam - 50% UVA, 40% MU, 10% UW
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »
If somehow, someway Sam came back I’d dance in the street.
No Finish Line

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2019, 12:34:53 PM »

sending her and nina over as soon as they are done over here...might be a while though ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2019, 12:43:39 PM »
If I had to bet, I'd put the current situation at:

Joey - 90% MSU, 10% UW
Sam - 50% UVA, 40% MU, 10% UW

I don’t have any inside info, but that seems pretty optimistic for Sam. I’d guess UW and MU are at 10% each in the sense “stranger things have happened.” I would guess MSU is higher than MU at this point.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »
Why do people think there is any chance Sam returns? lol
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2019, 01:04:40 PM »

Delusion is not fan base dependent.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2019, 01:04:43 PM »

Todd Mayo is coming back as well
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2019, 01:05:53 PM »

Because there is no such thing as a zero possibility.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #220 on: May 28, 2019, 01:12:28 PM »

Until the announces he is going elsewhere, you would think there is a small chance.  Transferring never made a ton of sense for Sam, and especially now that it seems likely he's not even going to go to the same school as Joey, what is the point?

I don't think it is likely, but it sure would seem like returning to MU us the most prudent decision from Sam's perspective, assuming the bridges were sufficiently suppressed. 

Its not like its never happened.  Certainly not to the degree of talent as with Sam, but both Juan Anderson and Jake Thomas announced transfers and came back within the last handful of seasons. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »
I know I am in the minority, but I continue to be puzzled by the criticism of the media (Polzin also). They have sources at UW who tell them that the Hausers have informed UW that they have made a decision.  If they trust those sources, even if they get a
no comment from the Hausers, they should report it IMO. If they get a denial from the Hausers, and they trust the sources, they still can report it with the denial.

It's not what you report, it's how you report it. They just look like Bucky boot lickers in their reporting
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2019, 01:32:49 PM »
Until the announces he is going elsewhere, you would think there is a small chance.  Transferring never made a ton of sense for Sam, and especially now that it seems likely he's not even going to go to the same school as Joey, what is the point?

I don't think it is likely, but it sure would seem like returning to MU us the most prudent decision from Sam's perspective, assuming the bridges were sufficiently suppressed. 

Its not like its never happened.  Certainly not to the degree of talent as with Sam, but both Juan Anderson and Jake Thomas announced transfers and came back within the last handful of seasons.
[/b]

And not only them, but others as well...Alabama this year had two players come back after entering the transfer portal this year, and the same with Wabissa Bede for Va Tech. It is by no means unprecedented. Everything else you touched on is also 100% correct...Since the boys are now (presumably) splitting up, his BEST choice and the one that makes the most sense is he return to MU. There HAS to be a reason it has taken them this long to announce a decision, right?? IF what the Badger reporters stated this weekend was factual, that Sam was going to VA and Joey to MSU, what's the delay in announcing it...UNLESS someone still isn't quite sure OR they are considering a school that is under the radar and not previously mentioned, right??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »

Agree but then what would the morons like guru and keefe have to say??
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »
Agree but then what would the morons like guru and keefe have to say??

I'd be incredibly happy, I love Sam, and maybe just maybe it would keep you from lambasting him the way you have been...doubtful, but maybe.

feedback