[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dr. Lovell does it again  (Read 19512 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Dr. Lovell does it again
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »
Have some patience, FFS.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Dr. Lovell does it again
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 10:55:56 AM »
Thats awesome. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54402.msg935336;topicseen#new

Other than the students who use mommy and daddy's Uber account to get from 2040s to the Sendik's and then use mommy and daddy's credit card to pay for said Sendik's trips, I'm not sure what college students would shop at Sendik's.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 11:01:09 AM »

Other than the students who use mommy and daddy's Uber account to get from 2040s to the Sendik's and then use mommy and daddy's credit card to pay for said Sendik's trips, I'm not sure what college students would shop at Sendik's.

I would have killed for a grocery store on campus. I used to have to take the bus to the store (or bum a ride from SaveOD). I didn't have a meal plan after being an RA (where I got it as part of my compensation). I can make grocery store food go a lot father for a lot cheaper than I could a meal plan.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:04:08 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:02:34 AM »

The ones who would be shopping at the 7-11 otherwise because the don't have a car to go to Pic n Save.  It's a win all around and a huge accomplishment, so stop crapping on it.
Have some patience, FFS.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »
Isn't the Annex on the the northeast corner of Wells & 16th?
Assuming it would be either on the Wells side or the 16th side of that?
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »
Isn't the Annex on the the northeast corner of Wells & 16th?
Assuming it would be either on the Wells side or the 16th side of that?

There is empty space right next to the bookstore, a little north of Wells.  My guess that it is going there, and possibly taking over the Bookmarq space as well. The bookstore can go in a less desirable location because it doesn't rely on foot traffic or impulse purchases.  Except for that one time that I bought that $200 physics textbook because I saw it in the window and the cover looked pretty.
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
My guess is Book Marq moves, and they combine the old OP space with that one.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
Great news. That area really is a food desert, which has become a swiftly growing problem in urban areas. What are the closest stores to campus now, East Point or Garfield Pick N Save? The PnS on 35th and Center? State Street? Especially now that the store on 16th and National was shut down, there's nothing in that area. Good not just for Marquette, but the surrounding community in general.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 11:31:12 AM »
Great news. That area really is a food desert, which has become a swiftly growing problem in urban areas. What are the closest stores to campus now, East Point or Garfield Pick N Save? The PnS on 35th and Center? State Street? Especially now that the store on 16th and National was shut down, there's nothing in that area. Good not just for Marquette, but the surrounding community in general.

My kids used to go to the Pic n Save on the East side, near UWM.

I remember going to the Pic n Save on 69th and State. Or one of the old ones that was on Forest Home.  Anyone who is bitching about the Sendiks needs to try to transfer busses with two sacks of groceries and a gallon of milk.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 11:37:58 AM »

I remember going to the Pic n Save on 69th and State. Or one of the old ones that was on Forest Home.  Anyone who is bitching about the Sendiks needs to try to transfer busses with two sacks of groceries and a gallon of milk.

Why? There's at least two pick n saves and a metro market that are closer than the uwm pick n save.

That being said I'm thrilled this is happening. Maybe this'll attract more east coast rich kids
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 11:58:45 AM »
Why? There's at least two pick n saves and a metro market that are closer than the uwm pick n save.

That being said I'm thrilled this is happening. Maybe this'll attract more east coast rich kids

Ugh, I meant MSOE.  And that is the one they go to - the one a block away from Metro Market.
Have some patience, FFS.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »
I remember going to a Cub Foods a mile or two south of campus.
GO WARRIORS!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 12:01:45 PM »

Just let the dragon loose on 'em.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 12:14:21 PM »
The important question in all of this is what physics text book was purchased?  As a non-physics major, I always thought that Douglas Giancolli's "Physics" presented a beautiful cover that presented well on the coffee table. It also made me dream of wonderful expeditions to the top of remote mountain tops. Alas, it would not take me long to realize that I do not much care for walking, much less trekking up some mountain in miserable conditions to my certain death.

As for the grocery store, I like food. I do not think of certain death, when I think of food, unless I am at a Chinese buffet.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »
The important question in all of this is what physics text book was purchased?  As a non-physics major, I always thought that Douglas Giancolli's "Physics" presented a beautiful cover that presented well on the coffee table. It also made me dream of wonderful expeditions to the top of remote mountain tops. Alas, it would not take me long to realize that I do not much care for walking, much less trekking up some mountain in miserable conditions to my certain death.

As for the grocery store, I like food. I do not think of certain death, when I think of food, unless I am at a Chinese buffet.

Wow! I meant that as a joke, but that is a beautiful cover.  Not worth dropping a couple of bills for, though.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »
Ugh, I meant MSOE.  And that is the one they go to - the one a block away from Metro Market.

Oh makes a lot more sense than the uwm one.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 12:34:38 PM »

If they're smart they'll continue going there.  Save more than enough money that they can used the saved money on Chipotle or (even better) Point's East right next door.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »
If they're smart they'll continue going there.  Save more than enough money that they can used the saved money on Chipotle or (even better) Point's East right next door.

Points east is like Sophie's choice, either support a pdeophile or miss out on the best wings in country.
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »

I don't remember the name of the place I used to go in 90-91, but it was a fairly significant bus ride.  It was definitely over on the East side.

This is a good thing.  I'm honestly surprised they didn't have one already.  I'd have thought that they would have gotten this done in the last 25+ years.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »
Points east is like Sophie's choice, either support a pdeophile or miss out on the best wings in country.

Wait... what? Elaborate please?

ETA: sorry, google is my friend http://archive.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/39977947.html/

ETA 2: CCAP says he got 4 years + 5 years extended supervision. I never realized that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:46:42 PM by jficke13 »

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
I have always been curious....Sendiks was founded by  Tom Balistreri and continues to be family owned/operated.

Are they kin to Frank Balistreri and his boys...longtime Milw associates of the Outfit...best known for the Vegas skim, and locally for gambling, amusement machines, and waste hauling, etc ?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 12:54:11 PM »

I think(?) he had to sell it?  But that might be wrong.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 12:56:21 PM »

...and our Sh!t don't stink either!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
1) No immediate relationship
2) If you do a real comparison shop, you'll find P&S costs more.  They rely on their reputation of savings more than actual pricing.  But also, it's groceries so we're talking pennies here.  Of course prepared foods (where stores make their money) will be expensive but some students (and their parents) will pay for it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart