[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Atletas thoughts  (Read 14113 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Atletas thoughts
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »
but wait...Duane with 11 assists? Many here have told us he cannot play the point. How can this be?

No one has said this.

Many said he couldn't play the point last season. He has had an entire off season to be molded into a PG.

Caveat, I was not one of the one's who said he couldn't play PG last season. Was confused why he didn't get time there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:18:47 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 04:30:24 PM »
Sandy does taller.  When will the players be officially measured?  Last year the Badger players grew 1-2 inches.

Thought Carter looks really good and will be a refreshing improvement at the point.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »
See, I just haven't been that impressed with Anim. I think he'll be a good player, just not this year.

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised as the season unfolds.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
No one has said this.

Many said he couldn't play the point last season. He has had an entire off season to be molded into a PG.

Caveat, I was not one of the one's who said he couldn't play PG last season. Was confused why he didn't get time there.
wrongo. Go back and read the posts.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 05:47:27 PM »

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised as the season unfolds.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of his game. Does all the little things. Trent Lockett 2.0. Who took a lot of crap here for absolutely no reason.

I'm feeling a Mazo's burger. You in?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2015, 06:21:43 PM »
I think Anim will be fine in a back-up role.  He'll be 7-9th man.  Last year that was a walk-on. 

Our depth is the most telling difference.

Death on call

mug644

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
Our depth is the most telling difference.

I agree. Anim and Heldt will almost assuredly come off the bench, and they are already showing signs of promise. Give them time to improve and find their roles and they will be valuable, even if not key, players this season. Love the depth and the fact that we're looking at least solid at each position 1-5.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 07:22:32 PM »
Missed game today. What was the score?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 10:12:58 PM »
In related news, an Illinois player was arrested in France during their European trip:

http://deadspin.com/report-illinois-darius-paul-arrested-in-france-1724332479
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 10:31:38 PM »
  • I love the defense. There are mistakes & missed assignments, but the activity is excellent and the team is built to disrupt. Lots of length and the speed to take advantage of it.
  • Much better from JJJ, especially on the defensive end. Not sure he'll ever meet expectations, but he does look useful.
  • Henry and Luke will be a matchup nightmare for a lot of teams.
  • I love the competition for the 5th-8th slots. All of those guys should earn minutes situationally.
  • Loved Duane's vision today.
  • No chance of a box score, the score jumped from 32-29 to 46-41.
  • Twice today, Traci Carter had breakaways and laid it in. Small detail, but I love the effective lay-in over the flashy dunk. Seen too many botched uncontested dunks in my day.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 12:14:06 AM »

I claim they don't exist. You claim they exist. The burden is on you to find the evidence that they do exist.

And saying "Duane is better at the 2G" is not the same thing as "Duane cannot play PG"
TAMU

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2015, 02:27:40 AM »
By my count Sandy also had 7 assists. Even without a 3 minute stretch where there was no game to watch.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2015, 05:17:28 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2015, 08:35:35 AM »
I claim they don't exist. You claim they exist. The burden is on you to find the evidence that they do exist.

And saying "Duane is better at the 2G" is not the same thing as "Duane cannot play PG"
not doing the legwork for you...there was even a poll about it. Take your burden to the hock shop. You know all about the many past posts regarding the issue.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »
not doing the legwork for you...there was even a poll about it. Take your burden to the hock shop. You know all about the many past posts regarding the issue.

Okay. I looked. No one said it. Your turn.
TAMU

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2015, 11:30:39 AM »
Okay. I looked. No one said it. Your turn.
Look upthe poll and comments. Many said he was not a PG. Now he is distributing the ball. I do not care where he plays as long as they have him in there.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »
Look upthe poll and comments. Many said he was not a PG. Now he is distributing the ball. I do not care where he plays as long as they have him in there.

He looked it up. Didn't find it. The burden of proof is on you. Link or it didn't happen. And the "not doing the legwork for you" copout excuse doesn't work because he already did the legwork for himself and found no evidence of what you are saying.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »

Absolutely right,  many time Coach K has said I don't have positions I have players.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »
He looked it up. Didn't find it. The burden of proof is on you. Link or it didn't happen. And the "not doing the legwork for you" copout excuse doesn't work because he already did the legwork for himself and found no evidence of what you are saying.
Here--put that where the sun doesn't shine. Several comments about Duane not a PG, etc. And you don't know that he did the legwork--he only said he did. Now so did I. And don't waste my time Brew--waste your own!!

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=46820.0;all

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2015, 12:52:02 PM »
Here--put that where the sun doesn't shine. Several comments about Duane not a PG, etc. And you don't know that he did the legwork--he only said he did. Now so did I. And don't waste my time Brew--waste your own!!

But no one in that thread said "he cannot play the point."  Many said that Duane would be much better at the two, and one person said that he might regress at the 2 if he had to play point, but no one said it was beyond him.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »

So yeah...as Sultan said, not one post in that thread supports your argument. Unless you have more evidence, might want to just chalk this one up to being wrong.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
So yeah...as Sultan said, not one post in that thread supports your argument. Unless you have more evidence, might want to just chalk this one up to being wrong.
Sultan has selective memory. There have been a number of posters here that said he should not play point, and a number have said because he does not have the handles or other reasons. Will not chalk it up as being wrong. Maybe the exact words were not "He cannot play the point", because different posters had different reasons--hell people have said HE could play point--or bring the ball up. And since you feel that you are the statement monitor, your statements will be subject to that scrutiny. BTW--that was just one thread--which you asked for--now you go look up others--they are out there. I will move on to pursue truth, justice and the American way. You can go out of your way to prove somebody wrong. Good try though!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »
Sultan has selective memory. There have been a number of posters here that said he should not play point, and a number have said because he does not have the handles or other reasons. Will not chalk it up as being wrong. Maybe the exact words were not "He cannot play the point", because different posters had different reasons--hell people have said HE could play point--or bring the ball up. And since you feel that you are the statement monitor, your statements will be subject to that scrutiny. BTW--that was just one thread--which you asked for--now you go look up others--they are out there. I will move on to pursue truth, justice and the American way. You can go out of your way to prove somebody wrong. Good try though!

1. willie makes a statement
2. TAMU calls out willie
3. For proof, willie cites a thread that doesn't say what he said it did.
4. willie is called out again.
5. willie still somehow asserts he was right

Never stop being you willie.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
What I took from reading that linked thread was that Mark Miller was predicting Engine to UConn!  Welcome Mr. Coffey!   ;D

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2015, 02:41:51 PM »
I will move on to pursue truth, justice and the American way. You can go out of your way to prove somebody wrong. Good try though!

How about just starting with truth, since you are struggling so mightily to provide any in this thread?