Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: TJ Taylor withdraws from MU  (Read 65552 times)

Pakuni

• All American
TJ Taylor withdraws from MU
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:23 PM »
Hmmm. Explains the continued pursuit of 2013 guards.
via MU's twitter

TJ Taylor withdraws from MU, leaving #mubb. “In TJ’s best interest, he has withdrawn from school today for personal reasons,” Buzz said.

“As a program, we are in complete support of his decision and we wish him all the best in his future as a student-athlete,” Buzz said. #mubb

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: TJ Taylor withdraws from MU
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »
That's unfortunate. I hope everything is alright with TJ and his family.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »
And then, there were two.

Wow, TJ's now been to two Division I schools without making it to the basketball season.  (He went down with a concussion in preseason practices at OK, I believe.)  We'll eventually hear more as to why, I suppose.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »
so was he going to be eligible this year at MU? I guess it's sort of irrelevant now.

Was he supposed to be a great player? I've been kind of disconnected from recruiting for a bit and I'm trying to keep all of the new guys straight in my mind.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
I don't think we will because I really feel that they were personal reasons. I don't know if any of you follow him on twitter but he was a little pathetic when it came to him and his long distance relationship. Since he made it out to school he has constantly been whining and complaining on there about missing her. I don't think we will hear more about the reasons. If a kid can't make it 2 weeks on campus then he wasn't gonna last very long once school, and the season started. I know I sound a bit harsh but in all honesty I think he couldn't handle being out here. Follow him on twitter if you don't believe me.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
so was he going to be eligible this year at MU? I guess it's sort of irrelevant now.

Was he supposed to be a great player? I've been kind of disconnected from recruiting for a bit and I'm trying to keep all of the new guys straight in my mind.

Yes, he would have been eligible this year.

Opinions differed on whether he would have had any impact this year.  Some expected some good things from him right away.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:46:08 PM by LittleMurs »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »
Guys who are more up on recruting than me: Can we use his scholarship to get a better player or is that unlikely?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »
I don't think we will because I really feel that they were personal reasons. I don't know if any of you follow him on twitter but he was a little pathetic when it came to him and his long distance relationship. Since he made it out to school he has constantly been whining and complaining on there about missing her. I don't think we will hear more about the reasons. If a kid can't make it 2 weeks on campus then he wasn't gonna last very long once school, and the season started. I know I sound a bit harsh but in all honesty I think he couldn't handle being out here. Follow him on twitter if you don't believe me.

Yeah, if he was hurting a lot this early, I'm sure its best for all concerned that he moved on back.  I'm not a twitter follower, so I wouldn't have known he was going through this.  Thanks for passing that info on.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:47:39 PM by LittleMurs »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »
Maybe it will force Buzz to lighten up on Mayo.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
Guys who are more up on recruting than me: Can we use his scholarship to get a better player or is that unlikely?

For this class, highly unlikely.

2013 has a bunch of talented players left.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
Holy crap.  Seriously?  If Mayo isn't back, who the hell is going to be playing in the backcourt?

Oh and is it too late for me to revise my prediction on Jake Thomas' role?   :P
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:50:08 PM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »
Is it Friday?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »
Holy crap.  Seriously?  If Mayo isn't back, who the hell is going to be playing in the backcourt?

Oh and is it too late for me to revise my prediction on Jake Thomas' role?   :P

Written in stone.  You're stuck, dude.

Being on the internet doesn't make anything true, just permanent.

"If Mayo isn't back, who the hell is going to be playing in the backcourt?"

As a reaction, I can see Steve Taylor getting more minutes, as guys who were going to get minutes at forward (Blue, Lockett (maybe Jamil)) moving to the backcourt and freeing up time for Steve.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:55:26 PM by LittleMurs »

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 02:52:28 PM »
The biggest loss here is the fact that he supposedly could hit a jumper. Looking at this team now and there is only 1 guy that I think we can count on to make a 3 pointer at a good rate and he is a transfer from a low division 1 school. How do we view the Jamail transfer now? We NEED Todd back here or the zone will kill this team. Jamil is okay from 3 I suppose but I prefer him down low. This is a big loss just because of the contrast it gave us in playing styles.

I really think it was academics now that he just responded on twitter, surprised he even responded...haha

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
So all the roster depth is virtually gone now

Rotation
Junior
Vander
Lockett
Wilson
Otule
Gardner
Steve Taylor
Derrick Wilson
Thomas?
Ferguson?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
What did he say on the Twitter?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
Don't count on Todd coming back.  All the chatter indicates otherwise.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
Well this is getting interesting.  Now we know why Buzz is still recruiting 2013 SGs and now Kendrick Nunn is definitely the #1 target.  That Croaker kid "thanked god" for his MU offer, but was probably told he is #2 or #3 on the list.  

Thank goodness Lockett is here this year and almost imperative that Mayo returns.  Without Mayo, next year means no Junior, no Lockett, and now no Taylor.  

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »
What did he say on the Twitter?

I asked if it was about the girlfriend he responded.

@jhags15 has nothing to do with that keep your thoughts to yourself you have no idea so just chill out

I usually get no response from these guys so I wasn't expecting a response. Gotta think it may be about the clearinghouse. Who knows?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »
kids probably under a lot of stress. Moving on to a 3rd D1 school in 3 years? His career is uphill at best at this point. I'd lash out at some guy on the twitter too.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
I asked if it was about the girlfriend he responded.

@jhags15 has nothing to do with that keep your thoughts to yourself you have no idea so just chill out

I usually get no response from these guys so I wasn't expecting a response. Gotta think it may be about the clearinghouse. Who knows?

Why would you ask him that? Kind of a dickmove IMO.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »
Well this is getting interesting.  Now we know why Buzz is still recruiting 2013 SGs and now Kendrick Nunn is definitely the #1 target.  That Croaker kid "thanked god" for his MU offer, but was probably told he is #2 or #3 on the list.  

Thank goodness Lockett is here this year and almost imperative that Mayo returns.  Without Mayo, next year means no Junior, no Lockett, and now no Taylor.  

If Mayo should come back, I don't see how it would be for more than a year, so either way - Mayo back or not - we'll still mucho help next year.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »

cuz im a dick?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
eh, when athletes enter the public forum that is the Twitter, they should expect questions when they do public things. Unless Hags asked his question like a total dick, I don't think it was a dick move.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »

I think a dick move would be more like:

Hey TJ if this is about your girlfriend you are an (expletive after expletive of my choice)

I think simply asking is not really a dick move.