Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[Today at 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: TJ Taylor withdraws from MU  (Read 65562 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: TJ Taylor withdraws from MU
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 03:02:58 PM »
Why would you ask him that? Kind of a dickmove IMO.

I disagree.  The kid has a twitter account, and he was evidently using it to let people know that being away from his girl was tough.  If the kid doesn't want questions, he doesn't have to twitter in the first place or to respond to any questions he gets.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
The issue goes beyond 2013 - look at 2014.  Our only returning guards will be Vander, Jamal and Derrick Wilson.  And let's jut be charitable and say that none exactly excel at hitting outside shots.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
Agreed Murs. When you go into a public forum, expect doing public things.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 03:05:50 PM »
The issue goes beyond 2013 - look at 2014.  Our only returning guards will be Vander, Jamal and Derrick Wilson.  And let's jut be charitable and say that none exactly excel at hitting outside shots.

when will Marquette finally land a top small man??

nyg

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

Won't Duane Wilson be there?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 03:08:14 PM »

Jake has two more years to go as well.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »

Except we'll also have Deonte Burton and Duane Wilson at the very least.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
So all the roster depth is virtually gone now

Rotation
Junior
Vander
Lockett
Wilson
Otule
Gardner
Steve Taylor
Derrick Wilson
Thomas?
Ferguson?

Don't be forgettin' Juan Anderson.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »
This year could be a little worse than I expected. Not because of TJ's departure, but if we have no Mayo and no TJ we will only have 1 3 pt. shooter.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 03:11:05 PM »
Won't Duane Wilson be there?

Yes, but he is not "returning," and we have no idea if he can hit the outside shot.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »

No problem, Buzz will get DeMarcus Croaker, and MU will go to an all dunk offense.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »
Bold Prediction:
Kendrick Nunn will commit to Marquette in the next week and a half. If not I expect another high profile player to sign. I am just going with my gut here, Buzz is not afraid to show the door to guys. Maybe it was academics, maybe it was a lack of motivation or talent. Who knows? I am just gonna make my prediction and hope I am right

nyg

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
This year could be a little worse than I expected. Not because of TJ's departure, but if we have no Mayo and no TJ we will only have 1 3 pt. shooter.

I have to go with only one outside shooting guard, neverless a 3pt shooter and that is Lockett.  Unless you count Thomas, who may or may not see time.

Junior
Vander
D. Wilson

All of the above are to say the least, not very good shooters.  Lets hope Mayo returns.  

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »

Yes, but he is not "returning," and we have no idea if he can hit the outside shot.

Actually, in 2014, he would be returning, which is what you said.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
If it is academics, (a big) maybe TJ returns to Paris JUCO for a year and comes to MU then.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »

Thats what I thought.  Wilson will be freshman in 2013-2014, soph 2014-2015. 

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
If it is academics, (a big) maybe TJ returns to Paris JUCO for a year and comes to MU then.

People tried to say that about Durley too.  I guess it's possible, but very unlikely.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Bold Prediction:
Kendrick Nunn will commit to Marquette in the next week and a half. If not I expect another high profile player to sign. I am just going with my gut here, Buzz is not afraid to show the door to guys. Maybe it was academics, maybe it was a lack of motivation or talent. Who knows? I am just gonna make my prediction and hope I am right

Nunn has said he will release his final list (not sure if it was 3 or 5) on Aug. 3. Prep Bullseye peeps think he's doing it as a sort of ultimatum for UCLA to offer.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
I have to go with only one outside shooting guard, neverless a 3pt shooter and that is Lockett.  Unless you count Thomas, who may or may not see time.

Junior
Vander
D. Wilson

All of the above are to say the least, not very good shooters.  Lets hope Mayo returns.  
Lockett only attempted 2 treys per game last year.  Obviously only taking a trey when wide open.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
Bold Prediction:

Nunn will be trimming his list to 6 on August 3rd, from what the Bullseye Bros said on Twitter. I think he's hoping that Kentucky offers, which is why he's waiting. He'll likely decide before too long, but I definitely wouldn't put him in the foregone conclusion pile.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »
Lockett only attempted 2 treys per game last year.  Obviously only taking a trey when wide open.

I think J. Wilson will be able to help out from 3, he's got a nice shot.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »

Yeah, you are correct.  Mixed up my years.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »
Holy crap.  Seriously?  If Mayo isn't back, who the hell is going to be playing in the backcourt?

Oh and is it too late for me to revise my prediction on Jake Thomas' role?   :P
That's right Sultan, some of us were so worried about you being right about Jake not being able to compete at this level that we are carefully getting rid of one guard at a time until Jake is the only option :-)

I really do believe Jake can compete at this level, but certainly more comfortable with him coming into bust the zone with a few bombs against certain defenses, not as a starter.

On a serious note, when we get complaints about overrecruiting I know everyone immediately is thinking about kicking another Newbill off the team, but this is why you have to always be recruiting.  You wake up one day and Mbakwe or TJ aren't in their dorm room.  We can just never play so short on players like with what Buzz inherited.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »
On a serious note, when we get complaints about overrecruiting I know everyone immediately is thinking about kicking another Newbill off the team, but this is why you have to always be recruiting.  You wake up one day and Mbakwe or TJ aren't in their dorm room.  We can just never play so short on players like with what Buzz inherited.

So that's it...TJ Taylor is the first casualty of our move of underclassmen to Tower. Way to go, Larry.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »
Calling Mislav Brzoja.  Calling Mislav Brzoja.  Calling Mislav Brzoja.

feedback