Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What did Santa Bring?  (Read 4638 times)

SoCalstu09

• Starter
What did Santa Bring?
« on: December 27, 2006, 04:05:20 PM »
So I don't know what you crazy kids got for X-mas, but I got NCAA 07 for PS2 and I have yet to bring myself to play with any other team than Marquette. It's the 05-06 roster and MU can put on quite a show. Vastly underrated because it's based on last year's prediction to finish 12th in the BE, but Steve can hit any open three and D. James kicks some sweet ass on isolations. Only problem with the game is that there is no Wesley!

Anyway, I thought this might spark a conversation about all the new MU gear Santa brought?!? Bueller? Bueller!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 04:23:12 PM by SoCalstu09 »
"I think the world is run by C students."- Al McGuire

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: What did Santa Bring?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 04:45:29 PM »
Santa rules........he left tickets for my oldest son to take me to see the Harlem Globetrotters.  He also left my youngest son tickets to take me to a minor league hockey game.  What a guy, that Santa!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 06:00:42 PM »
Santa brought me one of these:

I'm not sure where to put it, though.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 06:28:36 PM »
since u can't decide -- how about a Haiku contest to determine a new rightful owner?

;D

pitz

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:42:52 PM »
My sons got my husband and I tickets to see MU at Notre Dame.
We get to provide transportation for them and their friends ;)
I also got a final four 2003 banner which they unfurled in our rec room where it will hang next to the enlarged SI covers of D Wade and Butch Lee that I got for my birthday last year.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 03:13:00 AM »
all my stuff was based around my trip to the Bahamas sailing for 8 days over new years... kinda saw it coming, so wasn't suprised, and boy will it be too much fun for one 21 year old guy
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 08:29:35 AM »
It wasn't Santa, but my brother and his wife took my daughters shopping for their presents in Rockford, IL over the weekend.

When they got back they said I was going to like one of my youngest's presents more than her.  They were right.  I almost had a tear in my eye when she pulled out a #3 Wade Marquette jersey.  It was a beautiful moment!

My only problem with it is, why do I still almost never see MU wear in stores around Milwaukee (outside the campus boundaries and the Bradley Center).  So it's just like the radio broadcast. you can get in on a station in Rockford and you can get MU clothing in stores in Rockford, but you can't get either in the Milwaukee metro area.

Oh well.  I will just enjoy seeing my daughter in her DWade jersey.

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »
I got a Roku Soundbridge so I can wirelessly play internet radio (MU games) on my home theater system.  Weak espnradio Milwaukee signal problem solved. ;)

SoCalstu09

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:55:10 PM »
When they got back they said I was going to like one of my youngest's presents more than her.  They were right.  I almost had a tear in my eye when she pulled out a #3 Wade Marquette jersey.  It was a beautiful moment!

That's a beautiful story. I tear up just reading it.

herboturbo

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 12:49:01 AM »
I also got a final four 2003 banner which they unfurled in our rec room where it will hang next to the enlarged SI covers of D Wade and Butch Lee that I got for my birthday last year.

Did a company make these banners or did your kids actually make you it?  I don't ever remember seeing one anywhere.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 04:31:59 AM »
They had them at the Spirit Shop... they actually still might. Got one in my bedroom.

herboturbo

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 04:58:42 AM »
I remember seeing the '03 conference champs banners there, but not the final four ones....
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 10:34:45 AM »
I got a few MU related things - a Marquette charm for a new charm bracelet, a Marquette basketball ornament (I'm a Christmas nut) and a Marquette Baby's First Xmas Ornament for next year (it's not dated) - it's the first ornament we got for our baby that's due in April...

SoCalstu09

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 06:44:38 PM »
I got a few MU related things - a Marquette charm for a new charm bracelet, a Marquette basketball ornament (I'm a Christmas nut) and a Marquette Baby's First Xmas Ornament for next year (it's not dated) - it's the first ornament we got for our baby that's due in April...

Congratulations Marquette Fan. You're next mission is to get that new baby on the "Future Fanatic" jumbotron in games. I hear if he/she? were to put that onto MU's college application it's an automatic admission. Just a thought.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »
Santa brought this to watch MU with...Panasonic 42" plasma.

But I like to throw handfuls...

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 10:27:48 PM »

Congratulations Marquette Fan. You're next mission is to get that new baby on the "Future Fanatic" jumbotron in games. I hear if he/she? were to put that onto MU's college application it's an automatic admission. Just a thought.

Thanks.  But there's no jumbotron at most of the games I attend (women's games).  But they do have a future fanatic get introduced and get a gameball at each home game so maybe in a few years.  I bought the first MU outfit off the clearance rack at the gift shop a month or so ago (their regular price of $27 for a short sleeve onesie is a bit steep for me) - it's a sweatsuit outfit perfect for boy or girl (and we still don't know what it's going to be).  I told my husband that this was perfect timing with April - won't miss any of the basketball season :-)...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 10:23:19 AM »
A very sharp Marquette windshirt, that replaces one I had that was about 12 years old and stained.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

miltownsports

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »
Tales form the Marquette hardwood...read it in 2 days...decent book. Also bought sum1 teh 1977 championship game DVD.

Any books i should read as a Marquette Fan? (already read "Tales form Marquette Hardwood' and "You Can Call Me AL" and plan on buying "Colorful Warrior")

tweakers_suck

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 12:39:41 AM »
I finally upgraded my computer.  I now have a huge 24 inch iMac.  It is almost too big.  I upgraded the memory to 2 GB and the VRAM to 256 MB.  It will be a nice improvement for rendering DVDs of my little one  compared to my 6 year old G4 I was using.

feedback