collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Prince Fielder & Manny Parra Go After Each Other In Dugout  (Read 7792 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Prince Fielder & Manny Parra Go After Each Other In Dugout
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »
Not sure what caused it as I only caught the end as I was flipping through channels.  Anyone know what happened?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 08:40:33 PM by TallTitan34 »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Prince Fielder & Manny Parra Go After Each Other In Dugout
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
Well whatever happened, Bill Schroeder on Brewers Live said it is a non-issue and good things will come from it.

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »
Bill Schroeder is so full of crap. I've never heard him say anthing negative about the Brewers.
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »
John Kruk on Baseball Tonight also seems to think only positives can come from it.

Some people say the Zambrano/Barrett fight changed things for the better for the Cubs last year.  Of course Lou had his tirade the next day so that could have been it too.

Nothing really good came from the Ned Yost, Johnny Estrada, Tony Graffanio fight last year so who knows.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »
Ned Yost in his postgame conference said its like when you see your neghibors fighting.  You don't go knock on their door and ask what happened, so Ned isn't going to say what happened.

Guess we will never know...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »
i make a motion this thread be titled the talltitan thread

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »
Ned Yost in his postgame conference said its like when you see your neghibors fighting.  You don't go knock on their door and ask what happened, so Ned isn't going to say what happened.

Guess we will never know...

I think this one might have more come out of it then the Estrada one.  It is one thing to have one of your roleplayers to get in a fight, it is another to have one of your franchise players and a pitcher who might as well be a franchise player (he is 9-5).  After calming them both down, Braun went out the next inning and blasted a homerun.  Who knows, but they sure need to get their act together soon or I will be talking on the Al a lot more
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:31:56 AM »
Not sure what caused it as I only caught the end as I was flipping through channels.  Anyone know what happened?
Here's the most relevant part of the Journal Sentinel article on the matter.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779644

"Parra, who surrendered six runs in six innings, had just been lifted from the game for a pinch hitter. Someone who overheard parts of the conversation said Parra apparently was headed back to the clubhouse and an agitated Fielder told him he should remain in the dugout to watch the Brewers bat that inning.

Parra angrily snatched up his cap and jacket from the bench and was walking toward the other end, side-by-side with Fielder, when the 270-pound first baseman suddenly turned and forcefully pushed Parra onto the bench. Fielder then lunged at Parra again and shoved him hard with both arms.

At that point, several players, including Bill Hall, Ray Durham, Dave Bush and Ryan Braun, with pitching coach Mike Maddux also intervening, jumped in, grabbed Fielder and pushed him to the dugout floor."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 09:08:04 AM »
jumped in, grabbed Fielder and pushed him to the dugout floor."

Any plans to repair the dugout floor?

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 10:49:38 AM »
I don't see how this can be seen as anything but a savage unprovoked attack.  This guy went bizerk about a strike call just a few days ago.   Will someone hook an iv up with bacon greece or somthing?  Has he had anger issues in the past?  He's been around long enough where he should be able to pull a guy aside and say something without trying to put his face into a wall.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »
I don't see how this can be seen as anything but a savage unprovoked attack.  This guy went bizerk about a strike call just a few days ago.   Will someone hook an iv up with bacon greece or somthing?  Has he had anger issues in the past?  He's been around long enough where he should be able to pull a guy aside and say something without trying to put his face into a wall.

seeing the world through Cubs tinted glasses contributed to this opinion.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »
This could fire up the Crew, but its hard to say. Remember after the Barrett/Zambrano Cubs fight, the Cubs benched Barrett and then traded him to San Diego a few weeks later. After the fight, Barrett was pretty much exiled from the team until the trade.

Obviously, Fielder and Parra are not going anywhere. Both are extremely important players in the Brewers quest for the playoffs. The fight could be a one day thing or something that continues to stew in the clubhouse for weeks, nobody will really know. One thing that is certain is that the Brewers are definitely feeling the pressure of the race.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 01:20:04 PM »
I don't see how this can be seen as anything but a savage unprovoked attack.  This guy went bizerk about a strike call just a few days ago.   Will someone hook an iv up with bacon greece...

Or bacon grease. Is there a town in Greece named Bacon?? And I won't even get into your spelling of berserk.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 01:23:01 PM by mosarsour »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »

Actually, if you watch the clip, it's hardly that clear-cut. You see them talking to each other, then Parra swipes at the bench with his jacket, which appears to swing through and possibly catch Fielder in the face, at which point Fielder retaliates.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »
I didn't see that but don't really care too much, just glad we don't have to deal with the fat angry vegitarian.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 06:14:20 PM »
I didn't see that but don't really care too much, just glad we don't have to deal with the fat angry vegitarian.

nope you just have to deal with 100 years of losing.  Fun.

Didn't want to turn it into a pissing match, but if you are going to continuously take some cheap shots at the Brewers, have to throw one back.  Yes, you did just sweep the Brewers in a 4 game series, but in history terms, you still are labeled losers.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »
so where does not even making the playoffs for the past 26 years put you?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »
so where does not even making the playoffs for the past 26 years put you?

In terms of pathetic?  A long ways behind the cubs!!!   ;D

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 09:09:49 PM »
Brewers undefeated since Prince took Parra out!  Maybe he should push Weeks around...
"We have the blues on the run!"

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »

I would much rather deal with Prince than deal with that nut job you guys got in Zambrano... that guy is a wacko

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 01:24:32 PM »

I would much rather deal with Prince than deal with that nut job you guys got in Zambrano... that guy is a wacko

Good. We'll keep Z and reap all the benefits. An All-Star #1 starter locked up for a while vs. a good 1B who looks headed out of town at his first opportunity.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »
Good. We'll keep Z and reap all the benefits. An All-Star #1 starter locked up for a while vs. a good 1B who looks headed out of town at his first opportunity.

I think Prince had his career year already...Brewers move him next season... struggles mightily against AL pitching.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 01:39:31 PM »
I think Prince had his career year already...Brewers move him next season... struggles mightily against AL pitching.

Prince has 3 years of arbitration so I think the Brewers will keep him for at least another year and half, but who knows.  Not too sure he would do any different against AL pitching than NL pitching.  His splits against the AL this year:

15 games
58 ab
.328 avg
.448 obp
5 2b
6 hr

More than likely, he is gonna end up around 35 hr and 100 rbis this year.  That's not a bad year, obviously not as good as last year, but that will be tough to top.  Not too many guys consistently have years that good, unless your last name is Pujols.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »
I'm not saying he's playing bad, he's not.

I would think the Brewers would be interested in moving him to avoid paying 7-9 million in arbitration. However, I also thought LaPorta would be in place to take over for him at the trade deadline next year.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
While I think Prince would be a prime canidate for a DH, Carlos Delgado is getting old fast at first base for the Mets.

feedback