Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] McNeal will return to MU  (Read 6824 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] McNeal will return to MU
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »
In terms of expectations... assuming no injuries we should finish Top 6 in Big East (I think the Big East will be even stronger next year so that is still improvement if we end up a #6 seed).  For the Big East tourney: Semifinals; for the NCAA's: Sweet Sixteen.

Agree with you on the conference finish (barring injury), but way too soon to say about the NCAAs. Certainly the talent is there for a Sweet 16 (or better). But, matchups, as always. The talent was there this past season for a Sweet 16 (or better), but MU got one of the worst second-round matchups possible ... and still was a couple inches from the Sweet 16. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 12:48:16 PM »
No decent sixe upfront will be the achilles heel again. There is no way around it. It will be a repeat from last season unless Fulce or Otole really can contribute.

Last year's team could have gotten to the Sweet 16 barring a very difficult last second shot.  We got a very bad matchup with Stanford and still had the game until the last second.  There were probably 7 or 8 teams that we didn't match up well against, and they were one of them.

Next year will be similar, but our quickness poses many problems for teams just as great big men pose problems for us.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 02:28:19 PM »
sweet 16??  ncaa championship here we come
O YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »
i cannot envision an MU team with more returning talent and potential than the one this season. We are gonna have 2 borderline NBA guys that are seniors and 1 thats a jr, as well as wes returning as a sr. Really, with those 4 guys in your starting lineup- jerel, dj, wes, and lazar- not finishing in the top 3 in conference would be a major disappointment if you ask me. If you have 3 guys who are all conference type players you should be in the top 3 in the standings.

i have very high expectations for next season, and i dont see how one wouldnt

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 10:28:31 PM »
I have high expectations also, but you can't just look at our talent and make assumptions. The Big East has incredible talent up and down each team's rosters. There are seven to eight teams out of the Big East that are mentioned as TOP 25 teams for next season. Just assuming we should be a top 3 team is a little foolish taking everything into consideration. With a healthy roster throughout the season, and some breaks along the way, then we may be fortunate to win the conference, or finish in the top tier.

GO MU!

feedback