[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Regarding Al's Blue Chips  (Read 9278 times)

bleedbluegold03

• Starter
  • Ring Out Ahoya!
Regarding Al's Blue Chips
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:53:57 PM »
What made so many of you detest it so deeply? I understand I was rather blunt and angry earlier but I really am trying to make this site better. I want to know for the future of this site why you all thought this was such a bad idea. Would it not make more sense to divide information so people can find subjects easier? I understand many of you think that the Wiki is enough and I am grateful for the happy medium rocky set up for us there but why did this rub the wrong way for so many people? Thank you all for your help

Created by the Jamil_toMU09

mviale

• All American
Re: Regarding Al's Blue Chips
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:21:14 PM »
dont take it personally - people hate change and this is typical for most websites.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 11:22:46 PM »
it wasn't a link that was always available on the left under the resources area. hangin' at the al and superbar were there but blue chippers wasnt

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 11:33:56 PM »
actually yes it was :P
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:04:07 AM »
I supported it since it condensed recruit talk to one area.

But I wanted it right below the Hangin At the Al and NOT below The Superbar.
SS Marquette

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 08:39:29 AM »
Enough with the "fear change" thing.   

Consider that many people just thought it was just a bad idea for a variety of reasons, all of which have been enumerated.  I'll add one.  I was uncomfortable with taking information from other sites, and republishing it here.  I know that's a double standard, in that, we republish RSS feeds here, and other stories .. but .. the difference is that Scout and Rivals are partially subscription oriented, especially their recruiting information, and it's very difficult to determine what is publicly available, what is premium (without research.)

And also .. remember, Scoop has been around 2 years now .. you've been around 2 months.   You may turn into a valuable contributor, but it takes time to earn the right to make demands and complain about how the forum is operated.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »
i didnt realize it was up there... must have missed it. my apologies

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »
It was troublesome to use on my mobile device as well because you can really only enter one of the locations:  the Al, the superbar, etc and if I entered the Al on my blackberry I would have to go back to the main page to access recruiting updates as opposed to just clicking on "Message Index" which would take me back to the Al's main page...I know its petty but it was a pain the arss.

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
I think it is a good idea... But I think in the summer there is absolutley no news except updates on recruits... the news is so scarce, that some people don't want to check different areas to see what the community is talking about. I think during the season, when there are so many posts, and it is hard to weed through them, the idea is great. It would be difficult then to sift through all the posts and move them back and forth when the season is going on and when it is over.

I appreciate trying to make the site better, and keep up the good work.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »

Consider that many people just thought it was just a bad idea for a variety of reasons, all of which have been enumerated.  I'll add one.  I was uncomfortable with taking information from other sites, and republishing it here.  I know that's a double standard, in that, we republish RSS feeds here, and other stories .. but .. the difference is that Scout and Rivals are partially subscription oriented, especially their recruiting information, and it's very difficult to determine what is publicly available, what is premium (without research.)

And also .. remember, Scoop has been around 2 years now .. you've been around 2 months.   You may turn into a valuable contributor, but it takes time to earn the right to make demands and complain about how the forum is operated.

Well said.

bleedbluegold03

• Starter
  • Ring Out Ahoya!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:01 AM »

Maybe i am trying to do too much at once and ill take what i can get with the wiki site. Im not sure what you meant with the whole scout.com and rivals.com insider information thing. I am completely ok though if this site will continue to run without Al's Blue Chips, ill try again later when i hopefully am a little more known and its closer to the actual season.

My only thought left is the survey should have been done a week into the actual trial period. Obviously in the first two days people won't like it but I heard from many other people that once they became used to it they changed their vote for keeping the idea. Not saying that the poll was wrong in its information and that the result would change, only we would have a fuller understanding of where this site should go in the future.

Created by the Jamil_toMU09

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
In the immortal words of Joe Dirt, "it ain't about what you want.  It's about the consumer."

feedback