[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wilson article  (Read 3446 times)

nyg

• All American
Wilson article
« on: May 07, 2008, 08:08:06 PM »
FYI, Just saw this on Scout Board.

Who's Next? - Jamil Wilson Talks MSU

By Mike Fowler
Managing Editor
Posted May 7, 2008

In the last couple of weeks, the intensity of the recruitment of Racine Horlick forward Jamil Wilson has heated up big time with a new school emerging - Duke, and an old school (Illinois) resurfacing.

RACINE, WI - In the last couple of weeks, the intensity of the recruitment of Racine Horlick forward Jamil Wilson has heated up big time.

Recently the Duke Blue Devils have entered the race and appear to have a real shot at landing one of the Midwest top players.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Wilson article
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »
can you post the rest?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:15:14 PM »
Negative, thats all I have.  No subscription.  Plus, I don't want to get any further depressed.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »
can you post the rest?
It suffices to say that MSU is putting out a full court press to land him.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »
As I stated here many months before any of this news came out, the guy is not coming to Marquette.  From what I've seen and heard he wants to be at a big time program; unfortunately Marquette isn't a "big time" program. 

bleedbluegold03

• Starter
  • Ring Out Ahoya!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »
I believe that we all should take the stance that if Wilson comes to Marquette it is gravy on the '09 class. Realistically the possibility of us landing him will decrease after he dominates in AAU this spring and we probably will be out recruited by someone like Tom Izzo who has everything including the name, the history, the school, and he is close enough to home. We, on the other hand, have playing time and thats really it.

I love to remain optimistic, i really do but from everyting Ive read on Wilson lately Marquette rarely gets mentioned. Are we still right at the top? Probably, but give it a year. I think that if we all think the success of Buzz as a recruiter lies on if he gets Wilson or not, we are setting the bar too high. Lets not forget how crushed we all were when Iman Shumpert chose Frickin Georgia Tech over Tom Crean's Warriors last year. If we land Lacy, Williams, and Maymon I consider Buzz's first recruiting year an outstanding success

Created by the Jamil_toMU09

bleedbluegold03

• Starter
  • Ring Out Ahoya!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 12:00:25 AM »
I believe that we all should take the stance that if Wilson comes to Marquette it is gravy on the '09 class. Realistically the possibility of us landing him will decrease after he dominates in AAU this spring and we probably will be out recruited by someone like Tom Izzo who has everything including the name, the history, the school, and he is close enough to home. We, on the other hand, have playing time and thats really it.

I love to remain optimistic, i really do but from everyting Ive read on Wilson lately Marquette rarely gets mentioned. Are we still right at the top? Probably, but give it a year. I think that if we all think the success of Buzz as a recruiter lies on if he gets Wilson or not, we are setting the bar too high. Lets not forget how crushed we all were when Iman Shumpert chose Frickin Georgia Tech over Tom Crean's Warriors last year. If we land Lacy, Williams, and Maymon I consider Buzz's first recruiting year an outstanding success

PS: Yeah! Scholarship Player just gave my LOI to Muscoop for the '08-'09 season

Created by the Jamil_toMU09

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »

I got over that very quickly with the signing of Taylor.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 01:04:46 AM »
No Mayman, No Wilson.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 02:04:25 AM »
Wilson should be sold on the fact that he will garner lots of playing time. Buzz has to let him play his talented butt on the court.

And not ride the pine behind 7 other AAs at Duke or UNC.
SS Marquette

feedback