[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Taylor breaks down Kansas visit  (Read 9054 times)

warthogdriver

• Scholarship Player
Re: Taylor breaks down Kansas visit
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
Who the hell is Tyshawn Taylor?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »
"Duke and UNC are both in the ACC, both put tons of kids in the NBA (more than MU) and are both top notch universities, some would argue they are even better than MU."

This was an intentional understatement. Theres no doubt in my mind that they are both better schools.

warthogdriver

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
What the hell is a "Duke?"

jce

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 08:08:21 AM »
"Duke and UNC are both in the ACC, both put tons of kids in the NBA (more than MU) and are both top notch universities, some would argue they are even better than MU."

As an MU grad I have to ask, "some" would argue that they are even better than MU?"  Maybe this was intended to be intentional understatement but with a son who is about to graduate from UNC, I can tell you that both UNC and Duke are indeed better academic institutions than MU. Both are top 30 school in the US, MU has struggled to get into the top 75, both have FAR higher admission standards, bigger endowments and more highly accredited faculty.

I loved my time at MU and got a great education but please folks,to try to insinuate that either school might not be as good as MU academically is pure folly and hubris.

One of the big reasons that schools are ranked the way they are is because of their selectivity which is just a function of the demand for their services.  Despite the size of the school, more kids want to go to Madison than MU.  Therefore Madison can be more selective.  But does that make it better?  Does that mean that the kids in Madison get a better education?  I don't think so.  At either place you can make your college experience as challenging or as easy as you can. 

So please don't be bragging up that your son is graduating from #30 UNC while us schlubs scraped by going to #75 Marquette.  It is completely irrelevent to the education students receive.  It is what you make of it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 09:28:29 AM »
In addition, far fewer people will apply to a private school that are not serious about it.  In other words, every Tom, Dick and Harry will apply to UW-madison if they are a state student even if they have no shot on earth of getting in....just to give it a try.

Kids aren't going to do that for MU, number one if they get in these kids better be ready to pay a ton of money for school which many families aren't willing to do.  That alone keeps the number for "flyers" that apply for the school down, and typically includes only folks that are truly serious about attending.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
Everybody can move on from Taylor now.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 11:50:07 AM »
If I read the initial story correctly,the kid averaged 10 points and five assists as a senior. Boy, I don't know how we're going to replace that kind of talent.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
If I read the initial story correctly,the kid averaged 10 points and five assists as a senior. Boy, I don't know how we're going to replace that kind of talent.

I don't know ecompt, the fact that Georgia Tech, Va. Tech, Kansas, Florida all offered (UNC before us)....he's a very good player.  He committed to Kansas today.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

How come all my former coaches/committed players are going to the other schools that I went to (Indiana and Kansas) and not my favorite school?   @#$(#$)#& 

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 12:27:24 PM »
I don't know ecompt, the fact that Georgia Tech, Va. Tech, Kansas, Florida all offered (UNC before us)....he's a very good player.  He committed to Kansas today.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

How come all my former coaches/committed players are going to the other schools that I went to (Indiana and Kansas) and not my favorite school?   @#$(#$)#& 

OMG Chico!!!  You also went to Indiana AND Kansas?!?!?!?  And you work for DirecTV and just got out of a conference with the NFL?!?!?!?  I never would have known!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »
You're supposed to put that in teal I think.   :-*  Hugs and Kisses

feedback