Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Strongest Link?!?!  (Read 5214 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: The Strongest Link?!?!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »
Uhhhh....could it be that it is now clear he is raiding our recruits. 

I had mild qwalms about him while he was here.  I didn't care much for him but as long as we won, I was actually kind of glad he was our coach.

When he left, I thought of it as an opportunity for MU to have an upgrade at Coach.  I actually wished him to do well at IU.  Now that it is clear he is trying to re-build that program on the back of recruiting done at MU, I think he is the scum of the earth.  I hope he falls flat on his face at IU.  Sorry, that is just the way I feel. 

First of all, the anti-crean stuff started LONG before the recruiting stuff (maybe not from you, but from many fans).

It's to be expected that fans would be upset and disappointed. I'm just shocked at the harshness of people.

In another thread somebody was blasting Joanie's decorating sense.

I don't mean to lump all of the negativity together... I'm just wondering when and where it's going to stop.

Crean is GONE.

He took on N. Williams. Good for him, good for Nick.

He called E. Williams. Well, I don't think Erik has signed a LOI, so while I'm kinda disappointed, I'm not entirely surprised. The next assistant that gets hired by MU will probably do the same thing to another player.

He is still recruiting Jamil Wilson. Well, Crean would be stupid not to.

I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree...

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 10:32:55 AM »
Uhhhh....could it be that it is now clear he is raiding our recruits.  

Perhaps Buzz has some say in this. It's been noted that he and Crean are fairly tight for only having worked together for nine months. It may not have been direct but could have been hinted in their conversations since Crean left and Buzz was hired how they would proceed with recruiting. Buzz even mentioned a pre-existing deal with Nick Williams for the LOI release.

It may look like Crean is raiding our recruits, but it seems to me he's taking the ones Buzz doesn't want.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 10:40:27 AM »

Perhaps Buzz has some say in this. It's been noted that he and Crean are fairly tight for only having worked together for nine months. It may not have been direct but could have been hinted in their conversations since Crean left and Buzz was hired how they would proceed with recruiting. Buzz even mentioned a pre-existing deal with Nick Williams for the LOI release.

It may look like Crean is raiding our recruits, but it seems to me he's taking the ones Buzz doesn't want.

I hope you are right.  NW was gone anyway.  Perhaps it was pre-agreed.  However, TC did try to get EW but thankfully Buzz is tighter with EW than Crean. 

Hopefully, Buzz is such a good recruiter that we won't have to worry in the future and this all will be a distant memory and we will be awash in 5-star talent. 

feedback