Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Photo says it all  (Read 8170 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: Photo says it all
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:25:58 PM »
gosh Ousmane Barro bled for Marquette, feel so bad for him, to watch him grow as a player, from his freshman days of just being poor to now, he really stepped up his game, whether people don't want to admit about it, that picture really hurts to see.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 11:31:22 PM »
It's absolutely heart-wrenching.

But he should most definitely be proud of what he's accomplished, cuz I for damn sure am proud of him. 

MU would not be nearly the team it is without OUUUUUUUUUUUSmane Barro.  Much love for him, the resta the seniors, and the whole team.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:36:05 PM »
Ooze seems like a great kid and i'm sure he'll have a great future and represent MU well.  Hopefully the three amigos and Burke see this picture and realize that they don't want to go out like this next year.  I really think this loss hurts for them and they'll carry a chip on their shoulder into next year.  Good things ahead for MU!

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 11:39:29 PM »
Ousmane Barro....it's been a pleasure watching you develop over the last 4 years....you've made the entire Marquette community proud.  Best of luck to you!

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:20:35 AM »
another one...

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 12:22:23 AM »
You definitely had to feel for those guys.  After the final play, both Fitz and McNeal were on the floor in a heap of disappointment when James picked them both up off the floor.  Nice to see.

I forced myself to watch the first half of the UCLA game before returning to the team's hotel.  I arrived to see a few players with their families.  One was still being consoled outside.  James was also out there supporting his teammate and taking some pictures with some fans.  

When Crean arrived, he was greeted by his kids, then made a bee line for the elevator.  He was drained.

Great game.  Great effort.  Damn Lopez.

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »
Oh God, I literally want to cry. Just heart-breaking photos.

Thank you Ouse, you make Marquette proud!
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 12:32:33 AM »
The loss was rough, and I managed to keep my mind off of it for a couple of hours until I saw that picture in an article online about 20 minutes ago. I truly hope Ouse realizes that he's meant a lot to this school over the past 4 years!

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 12:34:15 AM »
these pics are tough to look at. i really appreciate the effort all of our guys gave this year. they should be proud.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 12:47:56 AM »
Oh man.  Looking at that picture feels like a kick right to the gut.  That is horrible.  I wasn't feeling all that bad about this game until I saw that.

What a piece of photography though.  That pic of Ousmane sitting on the bench staring off to nowhere really tells you all you ever need to see about the kind of effort and heart that TC can get his guys to pour into their time at MU.

Man, I really feel for Ouse.  Wow.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 01:18:09 AM »
Ugh. TC should keep that photo and break it out anytime the team is lagging next year. Nobody wants to see a career end with a photo like that. I wish all the best to Ousmane. It's not going to be the same without him on the team/around campus.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 01:22:53 AM »
you leave a picture like that in the locker room... I'm guessing Ouse meant a lot to this team, a picture like that lights a fire under the players for next year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 06:47:48 PM »
This also says a lot: If you want to foul someone, DON'T LET THEM GET THE BASKET! (Too bad Fitz won't be able to practice that next year.)

SS Marquette

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 08:31:01 PM »
Oooze - we love ya!  We loved watching you play, and we loved chanting OoooooOOOOze!!!!

We wish you nothing but the best in your life - you were first class all the way at Marquette!

GO OOOze!  Do good!

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »
Looking at the pic of the winning shot, makes you wonder how that shot went in.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 10:54:22 AM »
God bless you Ooze. I hope you find success in whatever you choose. You're all class in my book.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:56:19 PM by mosarsour »

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 12:40:02 PM »
Looking at the pic of the winning shot, makes you wonder how that shot went in.

the one on here isn't the winning shot, but yes Ive seen that picture, a very awkward shot by Brook Lopez, however he lived on that side of the paint, so I'm not surprised he made it...

Stanford... most boring offense that was effective?  Lopez brother on the block, guards around the three line, pass till you get a look to pass to the Lopez brothers, pass to them, they shoot.  There it was, and it beat us  >:(

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 06:25:43 PM »
Heart-wrenching stuff. Especially when as it's been said before, where Ooze was coming from, where he was four years ago talent-wise, and knowing that an NBA ticket is probably not in his future.

Knowing that was your last game, probably ever. Man, I'm depressed now.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

feedback