collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 03:39:58 PM]


Judge Rules that Last Years Seniors Are Eligible for a 5th Year by Hards Alumni
[Today at 02:10:22 PM]


2026 Coaching Carousel by Pakuni
[Today at 01:27:38 PM]


Big East offseason news by willie warrior
[Today at 12:01:27 PM]


‘26-27 Schedule by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]


Caedin Out a Few Months by MuggsyB
[Today at 08:52:11 AM]


Open Scrimmage by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 08:44:57 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

Scoop Snoop

Quote from: muwarrior69 on September 29, 2026, 06:47:51 AMSo will Porter play for Marquette and when?

Quote from: muwarrior69 on October 02, 2026, 05:32:20 AMSo I guess the question is when.

Quote from: muwarrior69 on October 02, 2026, 09:26:09 AMSo I guess the question should be rephrased to when will the courts issue their final ruling on Porter being eligible to play.


So I guess the question is "how long can I milk this for replies?"  ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.


Vander Blue Man Group


Juan Anderson's Mixtape

Quote from: Vander Blue Man Group on October 02, 2026, 04:00:53 PMSo there are other avenues for him to become eligible?

Likely more lawsuits in different jurisdictions, or join an existing lawsuit.

Non-zero chance that conflicting rulings force the Supreme Court to weigh in with the final opinion.

brewcity77

I believe Porter is still eligible because he's also in the North Carolina lawsuit, which is the one that made him eligible in the first place. Seems like he's hedging his bets by spreading out where he's a plaintiff.

MU82

"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Jay Bee

Quote from: MUbiz on October 02, 2026, 03:13:17 PMPorter ineligible...for the time being

https://x.com/TheFieldOf68/status/2106112073805816017

He's in the NC case. Field of 68 = not bright people (but still we need NC to make a move - temp injunction at least).

Ridiculous situation.
The portal is NOT closed.

brewcity77

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 02, 2026, 07:37:06 PMHe's in the NC case. Field of 68 = not bright people (but still we need NC to make a move - temp injunction at least).

Ridiculous situation.

Hard to blame Fo68 here, they posted this about 30 minutes after the decision came down and Porter was named as ineligible in this specific suit. Just because we are aware Porter is in the NC case doesn't mean that everyone, or in all honesty anyone, knows exactly which athletes are in which lawsuits state-by-state, particularly when individuals are appealing in multiple states simultaneously.

Mu8891

Bottom line ... MU has no idea if Porter will be available.  It's 50/50 and TBD.
And there's no ETA on the TBD ...

MU seems to be in way better shape than last year. Way better.  I think James will be the POY in BE.  But , he will prob have to play 34+ mins a game.
NM will have to cover the rest. It would really help to have a back up PG

tower912

One big, two guards. 
I said that all spring and caught lots of javelins for it.     Interestingly, Porter was exactly the type of second guard I hoped MU would sign.  Experienced and from a small conference, understanding his role and able to run the team if circumstances dictate.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Shooter McGavin

Yep need Porter.  Not sure why back up point guard wasn't a priority to leadership from the jump.  Better late than never.

Hoping for the best.
TRGV

tower912

Quote from: Shooter McGavin on October 03, 2026, 11:36:46 AMYep need Porter.  Not sure why back up point guard wasn't a priority to leadership from the jump.  Better late than never.

Hoping for the best.
Finding a PG good enough to run the team if NJ is out, who understands it is NJ's team when healthy and that he has zero chance of starting barring injury, willing to come to MU and buy into the culture, for not a lot of money.

Quite the Venn diagram.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Shooter McGavin

I get it, yet somehow other good teams have serviceable backup point guards.  Venn diagrams or not.

TRGV

tower912

Come to MU to back up the pteseason first team All Big East PG.  Did I mention he is entering his second year?   Lots of minutes available.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

The Sultan

Yet we landed one. It just so happens that he may not be eligible.

I doubt he was the only one available.
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

Shooter McGavin

Quote from: tower912 on October 03, 2026, 12:46:06 PMCome to MU to back up the pteseason first team All Big East PG.  Did I mention he is entering his second year?   Lots of minutes available.

I get it. The starter is always better than the backup.  Yet somehow other good teams can figure it out. 
TRGV

Jay Bee

Quote from: Mu8891 on October 03, 2026, 10:23:47 AMBottom line ... MU has no idea if Porter will be available.  It's 50/50 and TBD.
And there's no ETA on the TBD ...

da fuq? It's not 50/50
The portal is NOT closed.

Mu8891

Ok JB ... I will play along ...

It's not 50/50 ?  So you know how various trial and / or appellate courts will rule on what is a completely new issue?  U know if TROs or Injunctions will become permanent? U know all of this how ...
Exactly?

And while you are at it, tell us when these decisions will be made.

Jay Bee

The likelihood is simply not 50/50. This isn't a coin flip.

For more, use Roysha's pronouns and Pay/Me.
The portal is NOT closed.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

Quote from: tower912 on October 03, 2026, 12:46:06 PMCome to MU to back up the pteseason first team All Big East PG.  Did I mention he is entering his second year?   Lots of minutes available.
Quote from: tower912 on October 03, 2026, 10:54:33 AMOne big, two guards. 
I said that all spring and caught lots of javelins for it.     Interestingly, Porter was exactly the type of second guard I hoped MU would sign.  Experienced and from a small conference, understanding his role and able to run the team if circumstances dictate.

I think the javelins were more about your predictions being mid-major and low-major players only.

But Shaka was able to land a high-major big, exceeding your low expectations. 

You were right on about the guards, so I give you credit where it's due.

tower912

Quote from: Juan Anderson's Mixtape on October 04, 2026, 08:44:27 AMI think the javelins were more about your predictions being mid-major and low-major players only.

But Shaka was able to land a high-major big, exceeding your low expectations. 

You were right on about the guards, so I give you credit where it's due.
I was thrilled and surprised when they spent and landed Fru.  The guards were indeed low to mid-major.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

The Equalizer

Quote from: The Sultan on October 03, 2026, 01:01:36 PMYet we landed one. It just so happens that he may not be eligible.

I doubt he was the only one available.

The question is why did MU wait so long and settle for a player with questionable eligibility? 

It wasn't as if MU was trying to backfill after unexpectedly losing a backup PG mid summer. They knew about the situation at PG at the same time they were pursuing Fru and Nolan.  Why wasn't the backup PG a priority then?

Boone

Signing Crowdis, who is no more than a glorified walk-on and will never play (he never even saw the court on Saturday in a scrimmage where we were shorthanded), was apparently more of a priority than addressing the backup PG need.

Nukem2

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 05, 2026, 09:36:21 AMThe question is why did MU wait so long and settle for a player with questionable eligibility? 

It wasn't as if MU was trying to backfill after unexpectedly losing a backup PG mid summer. They knew about the situation at PG at the same time they were pursuing Fru and Nolan.  Why wasn't the backup PG a priority then?

MU did pursue the guy from Tulsa(?) who decided on Cincinnati instead.

The Sultan

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 05, 2026, 09:36:21 AMThe question is why did MU wait so long and settle for a player with questionable eligibility? 

It wasn't as if MU was trying to backfill after unexpectedly losing a backup PG mid summer. They knew about the situation at PG at the same time they were pursuing Fru and Nolan.  Why wasn't the backup PG a priority then?

I think Shaka thought that Nolan might be able to serve in that role.
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

Previous topic - Next topic