Main Menu
collapse

Resources

Recent Posts

Big East offseason news by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 06:07:49 PM]


‘26-27 Schedule by We R Final Four
[Today at 04:49:01 PM]


Official Week 4 College Football Power Rankings by Scoop Snoop
[September 27, 2026, 03:31:18 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!


GB Warrior

Quote from: MU82 on September 24, 2026, 05:28:16 PMJust got to Coors Field for the first time (Rockies lost 12-8 to AZ). Nice ballpark.

My list of ballparks I've yet to visit now includes only the newest ones:

Yankees
Mets
Rangers
Braves
Nationals
Marlins

What would your rankings of the ones you've been to be?

WhiteTrash

Quote from: Dish on September 24, 2026, 06:33:41 PMI booked a work trip to KC a month ago, hoping today's game would mean something. Ended up getting a seat four rows behind the Sox dugout for $22.

Maybe the most satisfying sporting event I've been at in person. Baseball is such a grind of a season and when your team is $hitty, it really makes for a long summer.

This feels great, I'm so happy right now.
A great season for the Sox and the fans. But a remarkable baseball story, I believe the first team to have a winning record after 3 straight 100+ loss seasons.

It was interesting than a recent ESPN season awards prediction, didn't mention Venable as an AL Manager of the Year. Maybe I'm a homer, but he seems like a candidate.



Uncle Rico

As someone that has seen a lot of lean years, 100 wins is amazing regardless of what happens next month.  What a fun team
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

wadesworld

Quote from: Uncle Rico on September 24, 2026, 08:19:00 PMAs someone that has seen a lot of lean years, 100 wins is amazing regardless of what happens next month.  What a fun team

Correct. I don't see how they make the WS with this version of the Dodgers out there but I've been enjoying the hell out of these years. Might be a loser mentality, but with the financial restraints in baseball and with baseball unlike basketball where a singular talent can make you a title contender, the Brewers being the second best organization in baseball for a multi year run is truly incredible.

MuggsyB

Quote from: wadesworld on September 24, 2026, 09:39:53 PMCorrect. I don't see how they make the WS with this version of the Dodgers out there but I've been enjoying the hell out of these years. Might be a loser mentality, but with the financial restraints in baseball and with baseball unlike basketball where a singular talent can make you a title contender, the Brewers being the second best organization in baseball for a multi year run is truly incredible.

They absolutely can beat the Dodgers. 

MU82

Quote from: GB Warrior on September 24, 2026, 07:18:59 PMWhat would your rankings of the ones you've been to be?

I'll do a top 5:

Pirates
Orioles
Padres
Dodgers
Twins

Also really like Brewers; Royals and Angels are underrated; I think Tigers and Mariners did a nice job; I loved the previous Yankee Stadium back when I was a fan during the Bronx Zoo years; Giants is fun; Coors is nice. And shoot me - I like smelly Wrigley and Fenway, dumps that they are.

I've heard that Camden Yards is badly in need of work; when I was there, it was awesome.
"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

BM1090

The White Sox, Astros, Guardians, or Rangers will be in the ALCS

TAMU, Knower of Ball

#1357
Quote from: BM1090 on September 24, 2026, 11:57:00 PMThe White Sox, Astros, Guardians, or Rangers will be in the ALCS

You can't quite say that definitively yet.

If the Cubs sweep the Red Sox, the Guardians go 2-1 at the Royals, and the White Sox sweep the Rockies, then the Guardians would be the 5th seed and the Red Sox would be the 6th seed. While unlikely for all three to happen, none of those results individually would be that crazy.

I know athletes don't think this way, but if I were the Red Sox, I'd punt the games against the Cubs until the White Sox lose or the Guardians lose twice.
Quote from: Goose on January 15, 2023, 08:43:46 PM
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.


Pakuni

Eight of the nine players the White Sox sent into the field for a clinching game yesterday have less than two years of MLB service time. The ninth is in year three.


Jockey

Quote from: WhiteTrash on September 24, 2026, 08:08:03 PMA great season for the Sox and the fans. But a remarkable baseball story, I believe the first team to have a winning record after 3 straight 100+ loss seasons.

It was interesting than a recent ESPN season awards prediction, didn't mention Venable as an AL Manager of the Year. Maybe I'm a homer, but he seems like a candidate.





I think it's a dead heat between Cash & Venable.

BM1090

Quote from: TAMU, Knower of Ball on September 25, 2026, 09:56:53 AMYou can't quite say that definitively yet.

If the Cubs sweep the Red Sox, the Guardians go 2-1 at the Royals, and the White Sox sweep the Rockies, then the Guardians would be the 5th seed and the Red Sox would be the 6th seed. While unlikely for all three to happen, none of those results individually would be that crazy.

I know athletes don't think this way, but if I were the Red Sox, I'd punt the games against the Cubs until the White Sox lose or the Guardians lose twice.

You're right. I didn't realize the Guardians and Red Sox still played each other. Unlikely to happen, but not definitive.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

Quote from: TAMU, Knower of Ball on September 25, 2026, 09:56:53 AMYou can't quite say that definitively yet.

If the Cubs sweep the Red Sox, the Guardians go 2-1 at the Royals, and the White Sox sweep the Rockies, then the Guardians would be the 5th seed and the Red Sox would be the 6th seed. While unlikely for all three to happen, none of those results individually would be that crazy.

I know athletes don't think this way, but if I were the Red Sox, I'd punt the games against the Cubs until the White Sox lose or the Guardians lose twice.

Quote from: BM1090 on September 25, 2026, 10:57:07 AMYou're right. I didn't realize the Guardians and Red Sox still played each other. Unlikely to happen, but not definitive.

Now you can definitively say that. Red Sox win and have locked in the privilege of facing the Yankees followed by the Rays instead of facing whatever schmuck wins the AL West followed by the slightly superior schmuck that wins the AL Central.
Quote from: Goose on January 15, 2023, 08:43:46 PM
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.


The Sultan

So the Cubs and Red Sox, after playing a double header today, are heading to the Trop to finish their series. The Sox will have to fly back to New York while the Cubs are looking likely to have to fly to San Diego.
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

wadesworld

Quote from: The Sultan on September 25, 2026, 03:40:48 PMSo the Cubs and Red Sox, after playing a double header today, are heading to the Trop to finish their series. The Sox will have to fly back to New York while the Cubs are looking likely to have to fly to San Diego.

I'm sure Craig loves this.

MU82

Quote from: wadesworld on September 25, 2026, 03:51:16 PMI'm sure Craig loves this.

All he had to do was win the division and it wouldn't be an issue!
"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

WhiteTrash

Quote from: Jockey on September 25, 2026, 10:45:41 AMI think it's a dead heat between Cash & Venable.
I just think Venable should be a candidate.  Cash's team has been great, so he's very deserving.

Dish

My ballpark rankings list below (have not been to Toronto, St. Louis, Atlanta, and I'm not acknowledging the vagabond A's)

Rankings take into account sightlines/location/neighborhood/food/history/vibe/local people interaction

1. San Diego - Darn near perfect, totally fits downtown San Diego, walkable from many hotels, great food options, love it there.
2. Seattle - Terrific location, good sightlines, best team store of any MLB park (Too many seafood options however for my liking)
3. Pittsburgh - Uniquely fits the city, probably the team sucking as much as it has takes some points away.
4. Minnesota - Great downtown location, I like that the design embraces the Twin Cities (some parks miss this)
5. Colorado - With how big of a field it is, it really offers great views from everywhere. Great location.
6. Baltimore - I don't think it's aging as much as others think, the outfield concourse is arguably one of the best in baseball
7/8 Wrigley/Fenway - I'm going to group them together here. Seeing a game at either place is an experience, no question. The amenities/comforts in stadium leave a lot to be desired. Food at both places is not great.
9. San Francisco - Was there this summer (fifth time there) and Oracle is showing it's age. Food has gotten worse, the concourses are in dire need of an update. This park just doesn't hit like it used to.
10. Dodgers - I wanted to put it higher, I've seen a game there each year the last 4 years and I might just be getting Dodger fatigue. Dodger Dog is the worst hot dog of any MLB park.
11. Cincy - I may be in the minority here, but I really enjoy this place. I think Cincy as a whole is underrated as a city, I like how this place doesn't feel like other ballparks.
12. Detroit - Showing it's age a bit, but the box seat area has a nice design to it that gives better views than some other parks on this list. Revitalized downtown Detroit helps here too (people are also incredibly nice).
13. Kansas City - I really wanted to put this higher, maybe the nicest ushers/concession/fans on this list. I mean this as a compliment, it feels like a minor league ballpark. Bonus points for the centerfield scoreboard embracing the team. Oddly, the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere helps a bit here, I have never left a MLB ballpark faster/easier than here. Food/concourses need major rehab work though, like it's dire when you walk in.
14. White Sox - This is obviously a homer pick. Food is great, sightlines downstairs are solid. Options in the neighborhood lacking. I'll never smell grilled onions and not think of this place.
15/16 - Philly/DC - I'm grouping these together, which may not be fair, but they're both fine. I can't decide if their locations help or hurt them. I wish both parks leaned harder into the fabric of their respective cities.
17. Milwaukee - Of the retractable roof/domed stadiums, it leans in more to the city than any of the others. Food is good, I'm not a big tailgater so that probably hurts in my rankings. Location is meh/bad.
18. Citi Field - It's fine, another place that I wish leaned more into the city, being in Queens is either good or bad (depending on if you're coming from LI or the City). Concourse structure here always felt a little off.
19. Yankee Stadium - Sitting in lower reserved seats close to the field, the park feels incredibly intimate (in a good way), but sitting anywhere else, it's meh. The "charm" of Old Yankee Stadium is here in the Bronx, I've always felt the Yankees really missed the mark when creating this ballpark. Food/Team Store has left a lot to be desired.
20. Houston - It's unique in it's own way, I don't enjoy the city of Houston, so probably dinged this ranking for that. The quirks that were built into this park have made it always feel weird. Wayyyy too many ads all over this place.
21. Texas - Of the stadium experiences in this part of the rankings, I enjoyed my time here, but you can't get past that you feel like you're in an airport hangar. The sound here is weird because of the size of the place. Outfield config always felt off too.
22. Cleveland - Always feel like I'm on top of the field here, I think that's by design in what they were trying to accomplish with the field boxes (they were the first team to design this way). The Jake has shown some age, I wouldn't argue though if someone thought it should be a few spots higher.
23. Tampa - I thought originally this would be last, and while it's not great, I give them credit for being innovative on the concourse level. Rays really give a lot to offer on the concourse, from Tampa/St. Pete stuff to baseball history.
24. Arizona - I don't hate this place, I'm just never enthused to return there. There's just not much to it, everything is meh (parking/food/vibes).
25. Anaheim - Dud, although I thought the food was better than most places near the bottom of this list. The rock formation in person just makes no sense.
26. Miami - I didn't know what to expect and this place blew me away how bad it is. To get to the team store, you have to leave the park and get a pass to get back in. The neighborhood is just terrible, there's zero soul to this place, the concourse to seats is a crazy long walk.

MU82

"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

MuggsyB

It occurred to me that the Brewers are not only 101-59, they essentially lost 3 starting pitchers if you include what's happened to Harrison.  I totally forgot about Priester and Woodruff.  I get anything can happen in the playoffs, but it's absolutely incredible what the Brewers have done.  Tremendous organization. 

muwarrior69

Quote from: Dish on September 25, 2026, 04:39:31 PMMy ballpark rankings list below (have not been to Toronto, St. Louis, Atlanta, and I'm not acknowledging the vagabond A's)

Rankings take into account sightlines/location/neighborhood/food/history/vibe/local people interaction

1. San Diego - Darn near perfect, totally fits downtown San Diego, walkable from many hotels, great food options, love it there.
2. Seattle - Terrific location, good sightlines, best team store of any MLB park (Too many seafood options however for my liking)
3. Pittsburgh - Uniquely fits the city, probably the team sucking as much as it has takes some points away.
4. Minnesota - Great downtown location, I like that the design embraces the Twin Cities (some parks miss this)
5. Colorado - With how big of a field it is, it really offers great views from everywhere. Great location.
6. Baltimore - I don't think it's aging as much as others think, the outfield concourse is arguably one of the best in baseball
7/8 Wrigley/Fenway - I'm going to group them together here. Seeing a game at either place is an experience, no question. The amenities/comforts in stadium leave a lot to be desired. Food at both places is not great.
9. San Francisco - Was there this summer (fifth time there) and Oracle is showing it's age. Food has gotten worse, the concourses are in dire need of an update. This park just doesn't hit like it used to.
10. Dodgers - I wanted to put it higher, I've seen a game there each year the last 4 years and I might just be getting Dodger fatigue. Dodger Dog is the worst hot dog of any MLB park.
11. Cincy - I may be in the minority here, but I really enjoy this place. I think Cincy as a whole is underrated as a city, I like how this place doesn't feel like other ballparks.
12. Detroit - Showing it's age a bit, but the box seat area has a nice design to it that gives better views than some other parks on this list. Revitalized downtown Detroit helps here too (people are also incredibly nice).
13. Kansas City - I really wanted to put this higher, maybe the nicest ushers/concession/fans on this list. I mean this as a compliment, it feels like a minor league ballpark. Bonus points for the centerfield scoreboard embracing the team. Oddly, the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere helps a bit here, I have never left a MLB ballpark faster/easier than here. Food/concourses need major rehab work though, like it's dire when you walk in.
14. White Sox - This is obviously a homer pick. Food is great, sightlines downstairs are solid. Options in the neighborhood lacking. I'll never smell grilled onions and not think of this place.
15/16 - Philly/DC - I'm grouping these together, which may not be fair, but they're both fine. I can't decide if their locations help or hurt them. I wish both parks leaned harder into the fabric of their respective cities.
17. Milwaukee - Of the retractable roof/domed stadiums, it leans in more to the city than any of the others. Food is good, I'm not a big tailgater so that probably hurts in my rankings. Location is meh/bad.
18. Citi Field - It's fine, another place that I wish leaned more into the city, being in Queens is either good or bad (depending on if you're coming from LI or the City). Concourse structure here always felt a little off.
19. Yankee Stadium - Sitting in lower reserved seats close to the field, the park feels incredibly intimate (in a good way), but sitting anywhere else, it's meh. The "charm" of Old Yankee Stadium is here in the Bronx, I've always felt the Yankees really missed the mark when creating this ballpark. Food/Team Store has left a lot to be desired.
20. Houston - It's unique in it's own way, I don't enjoy the city of Houston, so probably dinged this ranking for that. The quirks that were built into this park have made it always feel weird. Wayyyy too many ads all over this place.
21. Texas - Of the stadium experiences in this part of the rankings, I enjoyed my time here, but you can't get past that you feel like you're in an airport hangar. The sound here is weird because of the size of the place. Outfield config always felt off too.
22. Cleveland - Always feel like I'm on top of the field here, I think that's by design in what they were trying to accomplish with the field boxes (they were the first team to design this way). The Jake has shown some age, I wouldn't argue though if someone thought it should be a few spots higher.
23. Tampa - I thought originally this would be last, and while it's not great, I give them credit for being innovative on the concourse level. Rays really give a lot to offer on the concourse, from Tampa/St. Pete stuff to baseball history.
24. Arizona - I don't hate this place, I'm just never enthused to return there. There's just not much to it, everything is meh (parking/food/vibes).
25. Anaheim - Dud, although I thought the food was better than most places near the bottom of this list. The rock formation in person just makes no sense.
26. Miami - I didn't know what to expect and this place blew me away how bad it is. To get to the team store, you have to leave the park and get a pass to get back in. The neighborhood is just terrible, there's zero soul to this place, the concourse to seats is a crazy long walk.
I have often wondered why the Twins new ballpark does not have a roof. Of any team in MLB that one should have a roof.

The Sultan

Quote from: muwarrior69 on September 27, 2026, 08:17:11 AMI have often wondered why the Twins new ballpark does not have a roof. Of any team in MLB that one should have a roof.


Cost. They struggled to even get THAT one built. It is a really nice park though.
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

MuggsyB

The Cubs blew the opportunity to host the WC.

The Sultan

Quote from: MuggsyB on September 27, 2026, 11:24:05 AMThe Cubs blew the opportunity to host the WC.


And will be heading to the playoffs fresh off a road trip that took them from Chicago to Boston to Tampa to San Diego in a five day timeframe.

Which means they'll win in a 2-0 sweep of course.
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

MU82

Quote from: The Sultan on September 27, 2026, 11:46:39 AMAnd will be heading to the playoffs fresh off a road trip that took them from Chicago to Boston to Tampa to San Diego in a five day timeframe.

Which means they'll win in a 2-0 sweep of course.

Or, next best thing, it'll give Cubbie fans a mega-excuse.
"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

MuggsyB

Quote from: The Sultan on September 27, 2026, 11:46:39 AMAnd will be heading to the playoffs fresh off a road trip that took them from Chicago to Boston to Tampa to San Diego in a five day timeframe.

Which means they'll win in a 2-0 sweep of course.

I think I'd rather play the Cubs if I was the Brewers. 

Previous topic - Next topic