collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: O.J. Simpson  (Read 1520 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: O.J. Simpson
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2024, 05:18:12 PM »
What about Gronk? Perhaps, I'm focusing too much on the hapless goof character.

I disagree on Barkley. He's always been outspoken on issues, unlike OJ. That was part of the shock with OJ. The general public had almost no knowledge of OJ beyond his carefully crafted persona prior to June of 1994.

That’s a good point about Barkley.  GRONK would be a good comp
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2024, 06:01:25 PM »
Gronk doesn't have nearly the same recognition of OJ.

I think tower's Manning brothers comp is probably the best.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Biggie Clausen

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2024, 06:08:36 PM »
Interesting, thanks.  When the trial was happening, I only knew OJ as the guy from The Naked Gun. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2024, 07:03:05 PM »
This guy was a colossal pos.  And a double murderer.  Im grateful that 4ever shared his comment.  He should have been introduced to darkness 25+ years ago and who gives a F about his football career. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2024, 07:30:38 PM »
Well, his football career DID exist. And he was a hell of a RB. It's like a discussion that took place a month or two ago about the greatest all-around athletes ever and Jim Brown was mentioned. Yes, he was a POS, but it doesn't mean that it's forbidden to talk about the non-POS part of his life, does it?

OJ was an effen murderer, a complete POS. I'd have spat on him if I was in position to do so. But before that, he was a superstar athlete. We are adult enough to include that in his bio, aren't we?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2024, 07:36:14 PM »
Well, his football career DID exist. And he was a hell of a RB. It's like a discussion that took place a month or two ago about the greatest all-around athletes ever and Jim Brown was mentioned. Yes, he was a POS, but it doesn't mean that it's forbidden to talk about the non-POS part of his life, does it?

OJ was an effen murderer, a complete POS. I'd have spat on him if I was in position to do so. But before that, he was a superstar athlete. We are adult enough to include that in his bio, aren't we?

Or we can erase his bio and stop drooling over the guy?   I'd prefer a thread about a cheetah vs Usain Bolt.  Ot what  Silverbacks would have done to the "Juice" if they played DT. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 07:38:42 PM by MuggsyB »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2024, 07:38:23 PM »
RIP

I thought he did it.  I thought his attorneys were better than the prosecutors and don't blame the jury for acquitting him.

I watched the trial closely. He was acquitted due to jury nullification. The evidence was overwhelming. “Thinking” he did it? Understating the very obvious.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2024, 07:42:56 PM »
The white Bronco is off to somewhere.

Ah, yes….the blanco bronco, Al Cowlings at the wheel.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2024, 07:56:36 PM »
Or we can erase his bio and stop drooling over the guy?

C'mon, Muggs. Who is "drooling" over OJ? He was one of the most vilified people in America, and deservedly so. He was a world-class athlete, but just about every bio about him leads with his heinous acts.

You make yourself out to be a tough guy who is always talking about who you'd "introduce to darkness." But you aren't tough enough to read a sentence that includes two facts: the guy was a murderer; the guy was a great athlete?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2024, 08:01:37 PM »
Athlete, shmathlete, who da fook cares. The hero worship is this country is simply twisted, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2024, 08:04:34 PM »
Athlete, shmathlete, who da fook cares. The hero worship is this country is simply twisted, aina?

Boy, have I got a guy for you
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2024, 08:08:58 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2024, 08:23:28 PM »
C'mon, Muggs. Who is "drooling" over OJ? He was one of the most vilified people in America, and deservedly so. He was a world-class athlete, but just about every bio about him leads with his heinous acts.

You make yourself out to be a tough guy who is always talking about who you'd "introduce to darkness." But you aren't tough enough to read a sentence that includes two facts: the guy was a murderer; the guy was a great athlete?

When I looked at CNN earlier today the first  7 stories were about Simpson.  Fk that guy.  I apologize for snapping at you but we need to get our priorities straight. 

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2024, 08:24:41 PM »

He’s just being hyperbolic as usual.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2024, 08:27:40 PM »
How’s the Milwaukee boi Kato doin??
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2024, 08:47:47 PM »
What a pile of excrement Rhoden wrote for espn. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2024, 08:58:06 PM »
What a pile of excrement Rhoden wrote for espn.

Why?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2024, 09:57:29 PM »
Why?

It was a pretty good whitewash. The “did he do it?” “It’s still a mystery” is utter bull $hit.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:21:06 PM by Lennys Tap »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2024, 10:07:19 PM »
You know gang, that was the best legal job I've ever seen in my life.

The folks that put the defense strategy together -- Johnny Cochran and his team -- were geniuses. Their job was to defend OJ against the State of California. They picked what likely was the only strategy on the planet that was going to keep the Juice out of prison for the rest of life. They attached the evidence handling because attacking the evidence directly was a losing strategy. They went after the relationship between the African-American community and the LAPD because, well, it worked!

If the cops weren't idiots, kept their mouths shut and their hearts open and if Gil Garcetti wasn't the dumbest District Attorney ever elected to public office and Marcia Clark a better counsel, maybe a jury would have acted differently.

Did OJ do it? Based on the evidence, probably. But if I was ever in a legal pickle, I sure as heck would want someone like Johnny Cochran in my corner!!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2024, 10:20:28 PM »

The folks that put the defense strategy together -- Johnny Cochran and his team -- were geniuses. Their job was to defend OJ against the State of California. They picked what likely was the only strategy on the planet that was going to keep the Juice out of prison for the rest of life. They attached the evidence handling because attacking the evidence directly was a losing strategy. They went after the relationship between the African-American community and the LAPD because, well, it worked!

If the cops weren't idiots, kept their mouths shut and their hearts open and if Gil Garcetti wasn't the dumbest District Attorney ever elected to public office and Marcia Clark a better counsel, maybe a jury would have acted differently.

Did OJ do it? Based on the evidence, probably. But if I was ever in a legal pickle, I sure as heck would want someone like Johnny Cochran in my corner!!!!

Yeah, he “probably” cut off his wife’s head (after physically abusing her for years) and murdered Ron Goldman (just because he was there). There was a trail of their blood from the scene all the way to the Juice’s Rockingham home that says so. And a boatload of other evidence. But he could sure tote that pigskin, so there’s that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2024, 10:31:13 PM »
It was a pretty good whitewash. The “did he do it?” “It’s still a mystery” is utter bull $hit.

Nowhere in the piece does he write "It's still a mystery."
Be mad, I guess.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2024, 07:55:52 AM »
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 10:31:03 AM by Spotcheck Billy »

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2024, 08:11:01 AM »
I appreciate the nature of Rhoden's article that reflected on his previous interactions with him. Yeah this line wasn't great:

"Was he a murderer? Did he do it? Did he not do it? The answers are secrets that will be buried with the Juice."

But all in all, I thought it was fine. Certainly nothing to get mad about.

But this on the other hand...

https://x.com/HeismanTrophy/status/1778441403594366996

No one was looking for a statement from you. I have no idea why you decided to make one.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2024, 08:12:48 AM »

We essentially agree.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2024, 08:16:10 AM »

It was as much prosecutorial incompetence and jury nullification as it was great legal defense.