[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 30 Years Anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s Death  (Read 988 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: 30 Years Anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s Death
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2024, 08:03:16 PM »
If I start listening to Rocket, I’ll go to the doctor immediately.  Or start taking ivermectin.  One or the other

listening??  you hang on every word i write here for Christ's sake!!  but come on man!  you're getting a little clingy eyn'a

8 out of 10 right?

have another ice cream
don't...don't don't don't don't

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2024, 08:50:13 AM »
They also had some band on the quad in front Lalumiere around that time. I want to say it was the Cult but that were too big for that right?

I remember The Mission UK out there...maybe that's who you're thinking?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2024, 09:02:12 AM »
They also had some band on the quad in front Lalumiere around that time. I want to say it was the Cult but that were too big for that right?

IIRC, the Wonder Stuff (great band) opened for the Sisters of Mercy (terrible band).
Edit ...BrewCity may be correct about it being the Mission UK.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 09:03:43 AM by Pakuni »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2024, 09:04:35 AM »
I remember The Mission UK out there...maybe that's who you're thinking?

That's exactly who it was. Thanks. That makes a lot more sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2024, 09:33:56 AM »
IIRC, the Wonder Stuff (great band) opened for the Sisters of Mercy (terrible band).
Edit ...BrewCity may be correct about it being the Mission UK.

The Wonder Stuff was great.  Caught in my Shadow.

I saw them here in New Haven at the legendary Toad's Place back in 1992 or 1993.  I went myself because the people who I knew would go were all away at their respective university still.
I ran in a girl I knew at the show who was there by herself too.  She was totally into them because she had studied abroad in the UK and fell in love with there music there and couldn't believe they were playing in the States.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2024, 09:44:25 AM »
I don’t think it’s homogenized. I think it’s splintered. With Spotify, etc. music has become highly selective. There’s new stuff that comes out all the time , but you don’t hear it because you are listening to stuff you like.

This, plus people have a habit of zeroing in on the music they love earlier in life than, well, than any of us are currently in. I'm not out there discovering new music that's animating the artistic scene because I already have established my favorites. But somewhere there are some teenagers doing stuff we have never dreamed of. It's the way it always goes with art.

Hell, there's a really fun side story in Julius Caesar's rise to power when he's a really young senator and he starts dressing differently, causing all the old patricians to go big into their Kids These Days grumbling, and we literally have a written record of them complaining like that.

In some ways, it never really changes.

But back to your point, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a revolution in music on par with grunge but I just missed it because I am old and am able to curate the music I listen to really easily these days.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2024, 10:44:56 AM »
I am blessed with a quality AAA radio station foe the last 5 years.   Which is my sweet spot.   Really turned me on to Nathaniel Rateliff, Florence and the Machine, the fact that the Killers keep, well, killing it.   It is a choice in my late 50s to keep seeking the new.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2024, 10:55:03 PM »
The Wonder Stuff was great.  Caught in my Shadow.
I drank with The Wonder Stuff after a concert at the Metro in Chicago. We had wondered down to the smartbar under the venue after the show and the band showed up. I remember (vaguely) Miles Hunt buying me a drink. Another drink was about the last thing I needed at that point in the night.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:58:33 PM by TSmith34, Inc. »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.