'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We Crapped the Bed  (Read 4345 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: We Crapped the Bed
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2024, 10:22:30 PM »
Most disappointed with how OSO finished the season. I can’t remember a player disappearing like that. I hope it isn’t a personal matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2024, 10:23:39 PM »
I'm going to predict Oso comes back.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2024, 10:26:00 PM »

I can’t imagine that’s a possibility but he was definitely not himself.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2024, 10:26:45 PM »
The Other Team Had Better Players. We didn’t have the talent to compete at this stage of the tournament .

I love our guys and they were very fun to watch over the of the last two years .
NCST played better but they are not the better team.  MU missed soooo many open looks.  This stings.  Stings bad.  No blame, just a no show from MU.  Shizzz.😞

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2024, 10:26:58 PM »
To beat the dead horse:

Marquette went 4-of-31 on three-pointers tonight (12.9%), the 1,331st instance of a team attempting 30+ threes in a game this season in Division-I

Only one of those teams shot a lower percentage than Marquette (Furman, shot 12.1% vs Chattanooga Jan 6).

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2024, 10:30:12 PM »

Haha at that point midas whale run it back with the entire gang

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2024, 10:31:30 PM »
To beat the dead horse:

Marquette went 4-of-31 on three-pointers tonight (12.9%), the 1,331st instance of a team attempting 30+ threes in a game this season in Division-I

Only one of those teams shot a lower percentage than Marquette (Furman, shot 12.1% vs Chattanooga Jan 6).

Wow.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2024, 10:43:50 PM »

Highly doubt that happens. He went through senior ceremony and my guess is he keeps to plans of moving on.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2024, 10:54:17 PM »
Oso announced before the season that this was his last college season. Kolek, nut that he is, might have an outside shot of returning (especially if a giant NIL bag is procured?). But even if he wants to I think Shaka would do right by him and tell him it's time to move on.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2024, 11:04:28 PM »
Most disappointed with how OSO finished the season. I can’t remember a player disappearing like that. I hope it isn’t a personal matter

I’ve begun to wonder if this is the case—he has not seemed like himself in a few weeks and I just wonder if there was something non-basketball related that has impacted him. I hope he is ok. 

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2024, 11:04:35 PM »
Oso announced before the season that this was his last college season. Kolek, nut that he is, might have an outside shot of returning (especially if a giant NIL bag is procured?). But even if he wants to I think Shaka would do right by him and tell him it's time to move on.

Why? Because of all the NCAAt success he’s had?

He’s been great but Shaka and Marquette were his vessel for that greatness.

What can he improve on in college?
Winning big games and becoming a star in the big stage, like the Villanova comps folks around here have had for him.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2024, 11:10:23 PM »

No chance. He is gone.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2024, 11:16:46 PM »
Tyler .. should get drafted.  He's done enough, finished well.  No reason to stay in college besides pride/bad ending (that frankly, could repeat.)

Oso .. hurt himself a ton in the past 30 days, it's sad.   If his goal is the NBA, he's got two choices .. play overseas/G-League and hope to get noticed .. or stay in college another year where the competition isn't as fierce.

I'm not an NBA scout, but I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, so I know.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2024, 11:18:24 PM »
I’ve begun to wonder if this is the case—he has not seemed like himself in a few weeks and I just wonder if there was something non-basketball related that has impacted him. I hope he is ok.
As much as I respect Shaka for not divulging what is going on with Oso, everyone knows something has happened, injury, sickness, personal, etc. If he doesn't get right for NBA combines, he won't be drafted.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2024, 11:20:14 PM »
Tyler .. should get drafted.  He's done enough, finished well.  No reason to stay in college besides pride/bad ending (that frankly, could repeat.)

Oso .. hurt himself a ton in the past 30 days, it's sad.   If his goal is the NBA, he's got two choices .. play overseas/G-League and hope to get noticed .. or stay in college another year where the competition isn't as fierce.

I'm not an NBA scout, but I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, so I know.
100%

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2024, 12:06:47 AM »
As much as I respect Shaka for not divulging what is going on with Oso, everyone knows something has happened, injury, sickness, personal, etc. If he doesn't get right for NBA combines, he won't be drafted.

Oso has a lot of skills when he is on his game, and it's an unusually weak draft.  That said, I don't think he's elite at anything when you're talking the NBA level. 

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2024, 07:35:37 AM »
how bad do you think oso hurt his draft stock? i'm not going to pretend to know anything about the nba draft.

can't remember a star player ending his career at MU so poorly. every single game in the NCAA he was terrible

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2024, 08:28:43 AM »
LOL. MU basketball message board tough guy, huh? “Bitching on the internet,” unheard of for fans to bitch after their team’s latest choke in a long history of chokes, right? 

Again, sounds like you’re fine with a S16 appearance. That’s cute. Some expect more and don’t want to settle.

You bought a Sweet 16 tshirt, didn’t you?
I didn’t buy a sweet 16 shirt but I had us losing to Houston in the next round. Guess that makes me a bad fan who “settles” or something.  Or, it makes me a realistic person who doesn’t rely on 19-21 year old kids playing a game for my sense of self worth.

But you have higher expectations which is great!  Get yourself all worked up and pissed off about it. Who cares?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2024, 08:30:53 AM »
He is not ready for prime time. Likely be a G leaguer.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2024, 08:40:13 AM »
how bad do you think oso hurt his draft stock? i'm not going to pretend to know anything about the nba draft.

can't remember a star player ending his career at MU so poorly. every single game in the NCAA he was terrible
Whatever happened, it started the last two(?) games of the regular season, not just the Tourney.

If the NBA finds out there was a legit mitigating and temporary circumstance that caused the poor play (i.e. injury), then he'll be drafted. That is my hope. As Muggsy pointed out, he isn't elite at anything so he doesn't have the luxury of having a bad month.

Anyway, the NBA will figure it out.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2024, 08:43:34 AM »
Highly doubt that happens. He went through senior ceremony and my guess is he keeps to plans of moving on.
. He cost himself a lot of money by playing so soft and almost as though he was afraid of the physical side of the game. 

feedback