[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We Crapped the Bed  (Read 4352 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: We Crapped the Bed
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2024, 09:17:26 PM »
Do you know how to spell “and?”  How sweet that the loss doesn’t bother you.  Going to make a poster a welcome the team home at the Al? Embrace your mediocrity, seems like it suits you.
Tells us how bitching on the internet makes you more than mediocre instead of less you piece of crap.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2024, 09:18:20 PM »
Tells us how bitching on the internet makes you more than mediocre instead of less you piece of crap.

He won’t. He can’t. He’s just saying things. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2024, 09:19:15 PM »
Oh I know that.  It’s just fun to egg the moron on. 

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2024, 09:23:14 PM »
Where were the freshmen? Why not give them a chance at one of those open looks.
you’ve harped on giving the freshman a chance. Maybe. But I doubt it. The entire team was tight.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2024, 09:24:35 PM »
LOL. MU basketball message board tough guy, huh? “Bitching on the internet,” unheard of for fans to bitch after their team’s latest choke in a long history of chokes, right? 

Again, sounds like you’re fine with a S16 appearance. That’s cute. Some expect more and don’t want to settle.

You bought a Sweet 16 tshirt, didn’t you?

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2024, 09:24:42 PM »
As a fan, disappointing end to the season with expectations for a final 4. Not sure if we'll get this close again with the changing landscape and drive towards consolidation among sec big 18. Gotta remember, these are 19-21 year olds that have social lives and want to do other things. Tired of flying around the country playing basketball and not getting paid for it is totally understandable. Proud of what they've done and representation of Marq.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2024, 09:27:05 PM »
LOL.  From the author of “such a shame.”  “Too bad they couldn’t do more in the big dance.”

JFC

Captain Quette

• Walk-On
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2024, 09:27:29 PM »
CT - agree with you on Kam. Just wondering if (1) shaka won't recruit a true 3 point shooter because it does not fit his style and (2) is it a program flaw because hard to go deep in tourney without 3 point shooting. Thoughts? Thanks

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2024, 09:28:14 PM »
Marquette versus  Butler was 5/31 from 3 versus NC State Marquette was 4/31 from 3

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2024, 09:28:49 PM »
LOL.  From the author of “such a shame.”  “Too bad they couldn’t do more in the big dance.”

JFC

Yep. What’s wrong with that?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2024, 09:30:34 PM »
As a fan, disappointing end to the season with expectations for a final 4. Not sure if we'll get this close again with the changing landscape and drive towards consolidation among sec big 18. Gotta remember, these are 19-21 year olds that have social lives and want to do other things. Tired of flying around the country playing basketball and not getting paid for it is totally understandable. Proud of what they've done and representation of Marq.

If that's the case, I think we should recruit players that would rather play basketball than other things.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2024, 09:31:27 PM »
CT - agree with you on Kam. Just wondering if (1) shaka won't recruit a true 3 point shooter because it does not fit his style and (2) is it a program flaw because hard to go deep in tourney without 3 point shooting. Thoughts? Thanks

I would like some thoughts on "Shaka's Style"?  Buzz liked to talk about "switchables," and Wojo was about recruiting at a Duke level and hoping it worked out for the team.  I am not sure what Shaka is looking for?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2024, 09:33:29 PM »
It will be interested in how Shaka progresses in his roster construction.  He has gone all in on culture, and we need the right culture/talent mix.  Jop is the best high schooler he has recruited to MU thus far.  If he's not going to use the portal, he's going to have to do better than that.   (And he actually recruited Jop to Texas.)
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2024, 09:34:55 PM »
We have 3 point shooters who can pad their stats against weaker teams. What we need is consistent 3 point shooters. Consistent 3 point shooters are hard to find. In this NIL environment they can command top dollar
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2024, 09:36:28 PM »
We have 3 point shooters who can pad their stats against weaker teams. What we need is consistent 3 point shooters. Consistent 3 point shooters are hard to find. In this NIL environment they can command top dollar

Like Caleb Love?  RJ Davis?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2024, 09:37:27 PM »
I would like some thoughts on "Shaka's Style"?  Buzz liked to talk about "switchables," and Wojo was about recruiting at a Duke level and hoping it worked out for the team.  I am not sure what Shaka is looking for?
Guys that will buy into his system whole heartedly and have the potential to obtain the skills to execute it.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2024, 09:38:14 PM »
Hermie, my friend, you gotta try to know a little more about ball. It's a matter of effort.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2024, 09:41:21 PM »
Marquette versus  Butler was 5/31 from 3 versus NC State Marquette was 4/31 from 3
Didn’t think they’d shoot worse than butler game but here we are. Just why. F off.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2024, 09:42:44 PM »
Guys that will buy into his system whole heartedly and have the potential to obtain the skills to execute it.

I agree with this philosophy of developing players and getting "buy-in," but I am wondering if there is enough raw talent to make it work?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2024, 09:46:37 PM »
I agree with this philosophy of developing players and getting "buy-in," but I am wondering if there is enough raw talent to make it work?

I think so.

I’d also say with Shaka and the portal, people need to relax.  He will use if he needs to.  He already has.  Relationships and development are catchphrases for the players on his roster and recruits as much as anything.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:36 PM »
Marquette versus  Butler was 5/31 from 3 versus NC State Marquette was 4/31 from

GBPhoenix1993

• Walk-On
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2024, 09:56:36 PM »
I didn't even think NC State was anything great tonight, but they were very active on the defensive end.  They made MU work to get anything in the paint, with the exception being Kolek who was quite dominant in taking it to the hole in the beginning of the game. 

It definitely was a true team loss as other than Kolek, pretty much everyone had a shaky or bad game.  As others have said, it was weird to watch how tentative OSO has been lately, not just tonight.  I felt bad for Jop, when he missed those 3 FTs to end the half, it was obvious he was the equivalent of a golfer with the yips, or a pitcher who could no longer throw a strike.  The biggest problem with Jop, he kept thinking the next shot would go in and he'd get back on track, but it never happened.   

I did think MU did play pretty good defense in the 2nd half that gave them a fighting chance.  Unfortunately their offense was just so awful it didn't make any difference. 

I said before the tournament that Marquette is definitely a streak shooting team, and sometimes those streaks are bad.  Unfortunately, this bad streak lasted the entire game.  You can't even say that NC State was right in their faces contesting, many of these were wide open not particularly difficult 3s.  The midrange game is a lost art in college basketball these days, but tonight it would have been nice if anybody on MU had that sort of game to make up for the crappy long distance shooting.

Well, for the most part, it's been a fun year to watch this team.  It just sucked at how badly it ended.  Tonights game was like a slow torturous death and while losing sucks, losing in a humiliating fashion REALLY sucks. 

Norm

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2024, 10:03:54 PM »
This was a tough loss. The team was tight and not ready to play from the start. The defensive strategy in the first half was terrible and got Marquette in a double digit hole. We settled for jacking up 3's early in the shot clock instead of continuing to drive to the basket. Expected some halftime adjustments but there didn't seem to be any. Not sure about not playing the freshmen the last two games and barely using Gold. Big switch from the regular season and signaled no confidence in those players. And why did we end the game with two unused time outs? Shaka had a deer in the headlights look too often on the sidelines in the 2nd half,

MU has now gotten bounced by an 11 and 10 seed in back-to-back years as a 2 seed. Hate to say it but MU has really under-performed in the post season. Regular seasons have been fun, but post season has been dreadful based on expectations and seeding.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 10:05:57 PM by Norm »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2024, 10:08:15 PM »
I didn't even think NC State was anything great tonight, but they were very active on the defensive end.  They made MU work to get anything in the paint, with the exception being Kolek who was quite dominant in taking it to the hole in the beginning of the game. 

Well, for the most part, it's been a fun year to watch this team.  It just sucked at how badly it ended.  Tonights game was like a slow torturous death and while losing sucks, losing in a humiliating fashion REALLY sucks.
the season ending when shooting the worst you have all season REALLY REALLY sucks.. just unbelievable. 12%!!!!

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2024, 10:14:07 PM »
This was a tough loss. The team was tight and not ready to play from the start. The defensive strategy in the first half was terrible and got Marquette in a double digit hole. We settled for jacking up 3's early in the shot clock instead of continuing to drive to the basket. Expected some halftime adjustments but there didn't seem to be any. Not sure about not playing the freshmen the last two games and barely using Gold. Big switch from the regular season and signaled no confidence in those players. And why did we end the game with two unused time outs? Shaka had a deer in the headlights look too often on the sidelines in the 2nd half,

MU has now gotten bounced by an 11 and 10 seed in back-to-back years as a 2 seed. Hate to say it but MU has really under-performed in the post season. Regular seasons have been fun, but post season has been dreadful based on expectations and seeding.

can't disagree. legacies are made in march..........this team was extremely underwhelming in march 2 years in a row

feedback