'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 03:31:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Such a Shame  (Read 3167 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Such a Shame
« on: March 29, 2024, 08:23:12 PM »
I never thought it would end like this.

But what a great three years this group has provided. Too bad they couldn’t do more in the Big Dance.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Such a Shame
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 08:46:16 PM »
This says it all.

I want to be furious at them, but how could I?

They battled until the very end, but just couldn't put the flippin' ball in the basket, and for some reason Oso has not been himself.

I enjoyed watching these guys more than any team since I arrived on campus in 79, including the Final Four team.  Not that they were necessarily the best, but the last two years have been the most enjoyable combination of style and success.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:57:27 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 08:49:17 PM »
I’m with you, it sucks in the moment, but they gave effort tonight. I thought they were good defensively tonight. Ball just didn’t go in the basket.

Great group, incredibly fun to cheer on. Glad they gave us a couple great seasons, and Kolek/Oso should be celebrated whenever they come back to Milwaukee.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 08:49:36 PM »
Amen. Such a fun team to watch and root for. I still forget they got picked 9th in the Big East last year and earned 2 two seeds.

I wish if they had to lose, it was playing amazing against a better 1 seed like Houston. But that's what makes advancing in the tourney so hard.

Really feel lucky to be an Mu alum and think Shaka will have us set up for some runs in the near future.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 08:51:39 PM »
When this team was on, as they were most of the time, it was beautiful basketball.  Guess the stinkers looked worse by comparison, but goddammit this team brought me a lot of basketball joy for the last two years. I am both excited and nervous about what next year is going to look like

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 08:54:27 PM »
Shaka is getting us a round farther every year.  Expect the Natty in 2028.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 08:55:52 PM »
Mad that MU lost, mad that they played probably their worst game since Butler.
Glad that Shaka is at the helm. MU needs to learn how to play like a favorite, not a scrappy underdog. ..
Ring Out Ahoya!!!!! MU is back!!

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 08:57:26 PM »
I never thought it would end like this.

But what a great three years this group has provided. Too bad they couldn’t do more in the Big Dance.

Mmm I thought it could end like this. It has the last two years. Game was lost before the tip.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 08:57:30 PM »
Brutal loss, but 100% have to say thank you to Tyler, Oso, and Kam for all they’ve been for this program and turnaround.

No doubt those kids are hurting 10X what we feel as fans. Just an u fortunate night to shoot like crqp.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 08:59:28 PM »
Mad that MU lost, mad that they played probably their worst game since Butler.
Glad that Shaka is at the helm. MU needs to learn how to play like a favorite, not a scrappy underdog. ..
Ring Out Ahoya!!!!! MU is back!!
Shaka has the right strategy.  Can't win it on offense alone.  Increase your odds playing disruptive defense also. I was thoroughly amazed we were actually in the game with an offensive performance that was DOA.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 09:03:39 PM by NCMUFan »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 09:00:22 PM »
Best thread. Correct thread.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2024, 09:14:43 PM »
Three years in, we went to a tourney most fans didn't expect, won double Big East titles & a tourney game, and went to a Sweet 16. Anyone here would've signed up for that on tht day Wojo was fired.

This sucks. This really sucks. But the future is still very bright.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2024, 09:18:38 PM »
Three years in, we went to a tourney most fans didn't expect, won double Big East titles & a tourney game, and went to a Sweet 16. Anyone here would've signed up for that on tht day Wojo was fired.

This sucks. This really sucks. But the future is still very bright.
I hope you are right.  I think this was our peak for at least 3-4 years.  Stil light years better than Wojo.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2024, 09:23:08 PM »
I hope you are right.  I think this was our peak for at least 3-4 years.

It's not always the best or most talented version that breaks through. This feels like a peak, but this roster also had its flaws.

We're going to get there at some point. It might be as a 5 seed that gets hot and rattles off four wins. Who knows. But I'm confident in this staff.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2024, 09:35:53 PM »
I hope you are right.  I think this was our peak for at least 3-4 years.  Stil light years better than Wojo.
next season is a bit of an unknown, but there is talent returning. Certainly some unknowns in Hamilton, the offseason development of Norman and Lowrey, the impact of the incoming freshmen,  but I think MU will be ncaa tourney caliber. And, things can change so quickly these days. Another Elite 8/F4 shot might be here sooner than you think. The program, imo, is in a good place. I don’t foresee big drop offs year-to-year.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2024, 09:45:16 PM »

Maybe. But when you look at how far we’ve come since Shaka was hired that doesn’t make much sense.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2024, 09:46:04 PM »

Clemson & Alabama will play for a Final Four tomorrow. NC State will do the same Sunday. Shaka went to the F4 with a team that arguably didn't belong in the field. It just takes the right bounces.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2024, 09:51:46 PM »
It's not always the best or most talented version that breaks through. This feels like a peak, but this roster also had its flaws.

We're going to get there at some point. It might be as a 5 seed that gets hot and rattles off four wins. Who knows. But I'm confident in this staff.

Or a 11 seed facing a 2 seed that crapped their pants.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:46 PM »
Sultan

It was a very nice run by this group. I am very disappointed for a lot of reasons and feel worse for the boys. This was a tough loss and feel badly that a great run has come to an end.

I can speak for anyone else, but I am very happy that I have been all in for the past three years.

Now, we will see if my belief of Shaka having more talented teams with his own guys. That said, this was a special group and will be missed by this fan.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2024, 09:55:22 PM »
Clemson & Alabama will play for a Final Four tomorrow. NC State will do the same Sunday. Shaka went to the F4 with a team that arguably didn't belong in the field. It just takes the right bounces.

It’s more than bounces, though.

It’s temperament, it’s passion, it’s connectivity.
Shaka saw it first hand with vcu.

Maybe he will be better served with a lower seed for a nice run, we will hopefully see next season.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2024, 10:00:06 PM »
It’s more than bounces, though.

It’s temperament, it’s passion, it’s connectivity.
Shaka saw it first hand with vcu.

Maybe he will be better served with a lower seed for a nice run, we will hopefully see next season.

If we shoot bad, just get bad bounces, we win tonight comfortably. NC State only looked passionate and connected because we shat the bed, not because they're the better team. They aren't. They're not even in our zip code. They are ONLY alive because of lucky bounces.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2024, 10:00:17 PM »
next season is a bit of an unknown, but there is talent returning. Certainly some unknowns in Hamilton, the offseason development of Norman and Lowrey, the impact of the incoming freshmen,  but I think MU will be ncaa tourney caliber. And, things can change so quickly these days. Another Elite 8/F4 shot might be here sooner than you think. The program, imo, is in a good place. I don’t foresee big drop offs year-to-year.

More than a bit unknown. Have to wait a month on who leaves unexpectedly, it happens every year. Does Kam leave, his nba prospects rising while Oso probably falling with recent play.  Kolek good as gone. Sean Jones says he has 9 months rehab left, no way he plays next year. His skill is speed, speed and more speed. The fact Norman and Lowery not playing one minute in last two games was not very hopeful. Once departures identified, it’s on Shaka to get players on roster.  He is in charge and his responsibility.  Have gut feeling, some shakeups are coming but could be wrong.  We,lol see how it all shakes out.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2024, 10:01:19 PM »
Marquette versus  Butler was 5/31 from 3 versus NC State Marquette was 4/31 from
But Marquette won the 2nd Half

marqhattan

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2024, 10:03:40 PM »

100%

We make a 2 or 3 more three point shots at the right moments and we probably win this game.

Conversely, a few bounces don't go our way and we could easily have lost to St. Johns (last year) or Villanova (this year) in the BET quarter finals.

There's a ton of parity in college basketball.

We'll probably make a deeper run with a less talented team. The margin between winning and losing in single elimination games is incredibly thin!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2024, 10:03:44 PM »
Marquette versus  Butler was 5/31 from 3 versus NC State Marquette was 4/31 from
But Marquette won the 2nd Half

How many topics are you going to post this in?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow