MUScoop > Hangin' at the Al

Pep Band/Cheerleaders

(1/7) > >>

muwarrior69:
Do the Cheerleaders and Pep Band get a stipend from the University to travel to the tournament games (Big East/NCAA) or do they go on their own dime?

MUbiz:

--- Quote from: muwarrior69 on March 26, 2024, 01:07:00 PM ---Do the Cheerleaders and Pep Band get a stipend from the University to travel to the tournament games (Big East/NCAA) or do they go on their own dime?

--- End quote ---

MU pays for it all - and they are considered student athletes:  https://gomarquette.com/sports/2018/5/17/trads-cheer-html

TallTitan34:
Back in 2006-09 we got a cash per diem each day to cover meals. Lodging and transportation was all paid for.

FairWeatherEagle:
ALSO: I know, in the past they split the band into a "Blue" and "Gold" and they alternated between the
Mens/Womens
* BET
* First Weekend NCAA
* Second Weekend NCAA
* Final Four NCAA
 --- (Depending, of course, on how far they get)

So for a given year, for example, the BLUE squad would go to the Mens BET and GOLD, the Womens BET.  Then alternate for the First Weekend NCAA....and so on.

I know that Alumni band members have on occasion been asked to play at games and not sure if they do that for Tourney games as I imagine that would be well attended by band members.

I'm also not sure if they try to take more to the Final Four (as we haven't been there in awhile :) )....there are limits to how many can come.

I think they stay in the same place as the Team and travel a lot with them. I'm sure there is separation at points for competitive focus.

TAMU, Knower of Ball:

--- Quote from: TallTitan34 on March 26, 2024, 01:55:10 PM ---Back in 2006-09 we got a cash per diem each day to cover meals. Lodging and transportation was all paid for.

--- End quote ---

Same for 07-11....TT what did you play?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version