[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyler Kolek's "legacy"  (Read 11011 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Tyler Kolek's "legacy"
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2024, 11:28:54 AM »
TKo is one of three 2 time all americans in program history and has led Marquette to its two highest seeds in program history. The dude is in the clubhouse and any guys not on the national championship team or not named Dwyane are below him at this point.

I don't know what the opposite of receny bias is, but you got it Herm.

Herm is still reeling from his preseason predictions
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2024, 11:49:13 AM »
MU82:
Not sure if you saw the original post, in response to the legacy question you posed. I have enormous respect for Tyko ,Tied for second All Time among MU Point Guards with two others . Also have in top 20 overall. There are 4 other positions and each of those have at least 4 great players . So thats how I got to 20.

Also I said TyKo still has opportunity to move higher cause he is still playing.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=66003.msg1644417#msg1644417

The list I made was in response to Goose question about who ranked above Tyko in Post Al Era. My response is only Wade.

The reference list is the post Al stars we have had. There is a recency bias and list really just lays out how many great players we have had .

Add in the Al and Pre Al Era Stars and Top 20 at a historic basketball school like MU is a big deal.

Here is another way to look at it. Ranking the top players is like a golf tournament . The historical guys are in the clubhouse, TyKo still has 4 more holes on the board one is a Par 5 he can Eagle. If Tyko takes us to promised land he passes a lot of truly great college players and moves well up the MU leaderboard

Ranking Kolek "among" Oliver Lee, Aaron Hutchins and Sam Hauser is as dopey as hell ... but this is still America, and you still have the right to make any dopey list you want.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2024, 11:49:57 AM »

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2024, 03:42:27 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2024, 12:37:27 PM »
Guys, I now know why Tyler was able to do so well in Indy.

I didn’t play Pickleball for a full week until last night. My body got right, but I also took time to think about my game, watch video, get my MIND right.

Last night, I dominated. Has never played so well. Next level was reached. Same paddle. Same Pickleball shoes. NEW ME!

Tyler? Same thing. We are brothers in athletics.
I credit Ponce Gold
Goal is National Championship

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2024, 10:38:17 AM »
I get the point of folks who are apparently hedging their answer on whether TyKo is rafter-ready depending on how far this team advances, but basketball is a team sport. Penalizing a player for lack of Dance success seems a bit unfair since there's only so far even terrific players can carry a team in a five-on-five sport. Yes, I think it's a factor, but not one that should be discriminatory to a great (unnamed here) player who had an outstanding MU career. Likewise, I don't feel that career success post-MU should be that great a factor - hanging a number (or jersey) at MU games should be very largely determined on the basis of what the player did here.

Personally, I think what Kolek has already done puts him in the elite category and feel he's deserving of the honor. Some may disagree, but Marcus deserves it as well.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2024, 10:47:16 AM »
Personally, I think what Kolek has already done puts him in the elite category and feel he's deserving of the honor. Some may disagree, but Marcus deserves it as well.

If not rafters, at least spelling his name correctly seems in order.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2024, 09:22:18 PM »
Oops, my miss. I’ll be watching your grammar, JB, after this correction.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2024, 07:52:03 AM »
TK is one of the all time greats. I guess I put a lot of weight on the tournament, that is how teams and players are remembered years later. As pg's Travis Diener and Junior Cadougan had way more tournament success that Kolek

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2024, 07:53:24 AM »
Kolek was better than both of them. Junior wasn’t even in the same galaxy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2024, 07:53:43 AM »
TK is one of the all time greats. I guess I put a lot of weight on the tournament, that is how teams and players are remembered years later. As pg's Travis Diener and Junior Cadougan had way more tournament success that Kolek

Kolek is still better than both those two.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2024, 07:55:02 AM »
Kolek was better than both of them. Junior wasn’t even in the same galaxy.

2 sweet 16's and an elite 8, part of the last team that actually met/exceeded march expectations......all while playing a tougher big east schedule

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2024, 07:57:20 AM »
2 sweet 16's and an elite 8, part of the last team that actually met/exceeded march expectations......all while playing a tougher big east schedule

Tyler Kolek is better than Junior and will
have a far greater legacy. 

Which one are you taking on your team?  Which one are you taking to start a program? 

Fans never understand the bigger picture

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2024, 07:59:56 AM »

Kolek was a two time all American and BEPOY. Not to mention last night he was the only player to show up. Junior at best was the third or fourth best player on his own team.

I get it. People are upset about yesterday. But don’t let your logic fail you in the process. They’re not even close.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2024, 08:04:04 AM »
never said Junior was better than Kolek........but his teams did have way more success in march and that does mean something.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2024, 08:04:44 AM »
never said Junior was better than Kolek........but his teams did have way more success in march and that does mean something.

Will you remember Junior more fondly than Tyler?

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2024, 08:07:48 AM »
Will you remember Junior more fondly than Tyler?

no idea.......ask again in 10 years

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2024, 08:08:22 AM »

Well so did Todd Mayo and Jamal Ferguson by that logic.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2024, 08:10:03 AM »
Well so did Todd Mayo and Jamal Ferguson by that logic.

that was dumb.......junior was starting pg and one of the top contributors on those teams

it is fun to debate........

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2024, 08:12:46 AM »
Junior was a run of the mill player. Tyler is one of the best to play here.  That’s the simplicity of the argument.

Anyone who thinks Junior may have a greater legacy is engaging in nonsense. It’s not even a question.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2024, 08:22:21 AM »
that was dumb.......junior was starting pg and one of the top contributors on those teams

it is fun to debate........

He was the starting PG. He was not one of the top contributors. Junior was to those teams what Jop was to this year's team. An adequate starter who had occasional big games, but was never the star of his team.

The idea that Junior would ever be in the conversation with Kolek is laughable. It's not a debate. You wanna talk Diener or Dream, then maybe you have a debate.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2024, 08:26:24 AM »
I have no idea why intelligent posters engage in conversation with uneducated basketball fans. The quality of posters on scoop matches my disappointment from the loss last night. I was hoping that watching good basketball will shed light to some fans on what good basketball looks like and it has not happened.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2024, 08:26:56 AM »

Tyler had a great performance individually in this year‘s NCAA and was not 100% either of the last two years.  Definitely a better legacy than Junior.  Can’t control your teammates’ play entirely.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2024, 09:27:17 AM »
Tyler had a great performance individually in this year‘s NCAA and was not 100% either of the last two years.  Definitely a better legacy than Junior.  Can’t control your teammates’ play entirely.
Tyler would have had a triple double if the 3 point shooters would have shot even close to average

MU82

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2024, 02:36:55 PM »
Bill Neary started for a national championship team.

Ipso fatso, he's way better than Kolek. And Wade, for that matter.