MUScoop > Hangin' at the Al

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening!

(1/12) > >>

WildBill77RT:
March 24, 2014
After a tweet from IWB about Shaka Smart coming to Marquette as a “Done Deal”, MUScoop fills with Ron Paul ‘It’s happening’ GIFs before finding out the information was not a done deal.  Shaka goes to Texas, we land Wojo, and we only achieve one tourney win over the next nine years.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43037.0

March 24, 2024
10 years to the day after we learn Shaka is going elsewhere, Marquette wins over Colorado and reaches the sweet 16 for the first time since 2013 in Shaka’s 3rd year at the helm.

How can you not be romantic about college basketball?
#TrustTheProcess

Vander Blue Man Group:
Meant to be. 

Goose:
I will never forget the excitement I felt when Marc Marotta called me about 4:45 and told me MU landed Shaka. I left my office thinking Shaka was heading to MKE and was over the top jacked up. Sadly, Marc is not here to celebrate the success of the Shaka era. I miss texting with Marc.

Have to add, a week later TAMU earned his stripes in my book with breaking the Wojo news. I didn’t believe him, or didn’t want to believe him, but he was spot on.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape:
Remember, Shaka stayed at VCU for one more year before going to Texas.

But a very poetic coincidence about March 24!

GoFastAndWin:
Goose. I’m sorry about the loss of your friend, especially at so young an age.

Shaka going through what he did at Texas might have been the best thing that could’ve happened as far as keeping him here at Marquette for a long time.

This is a great time to be a fan of our Warrior Eagles 🦅. I wish Marc could be here to witness the Shaka era. I don’t doubt he is seeing it from another plane, far above this Earthly one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version