[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Colorado Game Thread  (Read 16268 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Colorado Game Thread
« Reply #475 on: March 24, 2024, 08:06:06 PM »
Just to remind people:  Marquette has yet to go full medieval.  Which bodes extremely well for the Warriors.  We are in a perfect position to peak at the right time and shock the world.
Shouldn't go medieval on Good Friday or Easter Sunday
Goal is National Championship

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #476 on: March 24, 2024, 08:08:05 PM »
Shouldn't go medieval on Good Friday or Easter Sunday

Well…maybe Good Friday…
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #477 on: March 24, 2024, 09:30:57 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2024, 09:21:25 AM »
Day-after viewing thoughts:
1. Kam was probably the best player on the floor yesterday. If he's not in foul trouble, he drops 30, and the win would have been a comfortable one.

2. Uncharacteristic turnover numbers, but some of them seemed flukey. Oso in particular had a couple of hot passes that either off target or were too hot to handle. One of Kolek's was pretty clearly a kicked ball that turned into 3 on the other end.

3. I just can't say enough about Jop. He was handsy on defense and in position on both ends. The missed bunny looms large, but the fact that he was in that position speaks to Har far he's come. His board over Lampkin followed by a dunk on the other end in the 2nd was huge.

4. Chase had a number of big stretches, including a 3 followed by a steal when they had cut the lead early 2nd. This was the game I think a lot of us were waiting for. Also - he might have the best looking 3 pt shot on the team, even if he's not hitting at a Kam clip.

5. Surprised at the lack of minutes for Ben given Oso's passivity and Kam's foul trouble. Thought he was impactful in those very limited minutes, and Ben off the bounce has be a revelation down the stretch (hit your FTs).

Excited for Dallas!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2024, 09:46:52 AM »
A few other observations from Indy maybe not mentioned in the threads.

>>Deflections won the day. 10 steals
>>Lampkin didn't warm up either half. Sat on bench at halftime with a battery operated massager in groin area (BOB)
>>Colorado thought MU was going to intentionally foul on last play and were baiting for a four point play. Simpson was actually out of bounds on the shot.
>>Half of MU turns were unforced.
>>Colorado came out of half going downhill. It worked but it also tired them out. It was the only quadrant they won and Chase and Jop stepped up physically. They both hit big shots but also both got big boards.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #480 on: March 25, 2024, 10:04:50 AM »
A few other observations from Indy maybe not mentioned in the threads.

>>Deflections won the day. 10 steals
>>Lampkin didn't warm up either half. Sat on bench at halftime with a battery operated massager in groin area (BOB)
>>Colorado thought MU was going to intentionally foul on last play and were baiting for a four point play. Simpson was actually out of bounds on the shot.
>>Half of MU turns were unforced.
>>Colorado came out of half going downhill. It worked but it also tired them out. It was the only quadrant they won and Chase and Jop stepped up physically. They both hit big shots but also both got big boards.

Agree especially with your third point. The easy pace of Simpson bringing the ball down court was bait, trying to get Marquette, up 4 points, to challenge his shot.  I saw it as an insult to the intelligence of our team.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

EasyDuzIt

• Walk-On
« Reply #481 on: March 25, 2024, 12:09:32 PM »
Day-after viewing thoughts:
1. Kam was probably the best player on the floor yesterday. If he's not in foul trouble, he drops 30, and the win would have been a comfortable one.

2. Uncharacteristic turnover numbers, but some of them seemed flukey. Oso in particular had a couple of hot passes that either off target or were too hot to handle. One of Kolek's was pretty clearly a kicked ball that turned into 3 on the other end.

3. I just can't say enough about Jop. He was handsy on defense and in position on both ends. The missed bunny looms large, but the fact that he was in that position speaks to Har far he's come. His board over Lampkin followed by a dunk on the other end in the 2nd was huge

4. Chase had a number of big stretches, including a 3 followed by a steal when they had cut the lead early 2nd. This was the game I think a lot of us were waiting for. Also - he might have the best looking 3 pt shot on the team, even if he's not hitting at a Kam clip.

5. Surprised at the lack of minutes for Ben given Oso's passivity and Kam's foul trouble. Thought he was impactful in those very limited minutes, and Ben off the bounce has be a revelation down the stretch (hit your FTs).

Excited for Dallas!

agree...I thought Ben played well in limited minutes other then missing 2 free throws...hit a big corner 3 in 2nd half...and in 1st half had a good drive and got to the line and also had an assist on a kickout 3 to Jop....I'm really excited for this kids future..keep getting stronger and his shot is going to get more consistent now the fact he's showing he can put it on the floor with closeouts...think he's an NBA guy

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #482 on: March 25, 2024, 12:12:31 PM »
Ben really struggled defensively when CU went five-out, but he did hit that shot. And that seemed big at the time.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #483 on: March 25, 2024, 02:45:51 PM »
agree...I thought Ben played well in limited minutes other then missing 2 free throws...hit a big corner 3 in 2nd half...and in 1st half had a good drive and got to the line and also had an assist on a kickout 3 to Jop....I'm really excited for this kids future..keep getting stronger and his shot is going to get more consistent now the fact he's showing he can put it on the floor with closeouts...think he's an NBA guy

I think DaSilva is a good goal for what Gold can become—good shooter who can also put it on the deck and finish and rangy on defense.  Ben has shown those flashes, and I’m excited to see how he’ll grow into a more central role in the next two years. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #484 on: March 25, 2024, 02:48:43 PM »
I think Da Silva projects as the big guard/switchable.   I hope Owens or Parham end up in that neighborhood.    I think Ben projects as a euro-style stretch 5 who can handle the ball, pass, shoot 3's, and make plays off the dribble against other bigs.    Not sure he ever really projects as a big guard.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #485 on: March 25, 2024, 02:50:58 PM »
Ben really struggled defensively when CU went five-out, but he did hit that shot. And that seemed big at the time.

Ben will key in the next game. Better match up for him.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #486 on: March 25, 2024, 03:15:15 PM »
The BeeGee is going to be gold the next two years. Only a Sophmore big , he has a lot of upside coming

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #487 on: March 25, 2024, 03:19:05 PM »
I thought Gold was decent but don’t think he deserved more minutes than he got. The pace CO played in the second half was way too fast for him on the defensive end.
No Finish Line