[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Bracketology: Final Thoughts  (Read 887 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
[Cracked Sidewalks] Bracketology: Final Thoughts
« on: March 18, 2024, 08:52:25 PM »
With the understanding that the Selection Committee can't get it wrong because what they put in their field is how it is, this Selection Committee got it wrong. We provide some of the data as to why that is, where their most egregious mistakes were (Mountain West) and why the Selection Committee chairman comments regarding that is hypocritical, our biggest snub, and ultimately nothing of consequence other than putting a bow on our worst score but best ranking in years.

Final Thoughts
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Bracketology: Final Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 09:02:40 PM »
Good points. Brew.  I watched a little of the MVC over the season and other than SDSU their seeding is egregious.  Colo St. and Boise St.  should not be in play-in games. 

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 09:37:03 PM »
Felt like a lot of politics involved in the selection process this year. Listened to McClelland in a few interviews and he was a total embarrassment and was completely unprepared for most questions. Whatever though, time to put it to bed and play ball. Glad we’re in it.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 09:43:19 PM »
I sort of get the MW under-seeded debate but then I sort of don’t.

If you compare them head on sure, the B12 teams scheduled weaker OOC.

That said, the B12 is an absolute juggernaut and the MWC really isn’t.
So, plenty of B12 coaches probably thought “well crap, we are going to get destroyed night in and night out in this conference, can my team really handle a tough OOC schedule on top of that?”

That conference was already brutal and added Houston in the offseason.

The mountain west can’t say that, so there’s an argument to be made that they should be held a bit more accountable for weak OOC schedules.
Not to mention their brutal NCAA tourney record of late, talk about an elephant in the room…

I know that other conferences are brutal too and teams still schedule tough OOC- see Marquette- but I just feel like it’s fine to call the conference out and say that their best wins were all against each other, and their ‘each other’ isn’t like the B12 or BE.

I still think the biggest issue is the metric versus Q1 issue, or having to take a step back and look at reality.
I get that they don’t look at conference affiliation at all, but teams with 5/6 Q1 wins in elite conferences like the BE should get a chance to play in the NCAA tourney, especially when they’ve beaten 1-3 seeded teams and shown repeatedly that they can play with the best.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM »
I think my biggest issue is the Mountain West teams get punished by BPI and SOR for playing at elevation. I don't know...maybe it does have a negative impact when they play at sea level, but that seems harsh. I know what the NCAA record is, and that seems to factor in, but it's not supposed to year over year. Yet it seemed to for the MWC teams, and in the other direction for FAU, Michigan State, and Virginia.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 02:29:56 AM »
Selection committee slurps the ACC. UNC over ISU, UVA over any of first four out, Clemson a 6. Ironically, probably the only ACC team not overseed was Duke.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

feedback