[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Ticket Strategy  (Read 7587 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: NCAA Ticket Strategy
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2024, 08:52:56 PM »
Someone set me straight .. what do you think the tickets will go for on Sunday?

Right now, there are upper deck seats for $225 after fees.   

With Purdue (likely) being in that session, why is there hope the tickets would be lower on game day?   I wouldn't expect a bunch of disappointed Colorado (?) or WKU fans who bought Session 3 (Sunday) to be dumping them. 

I'd expect Purdue fans to skip a 1v16 game, then buy Sunday and drive up prices.

Kinda seems like we should NOT wait to buy tickets until day of. 

I suppose the alternate theory is that the Sunday session isn't a sell out, so prices drop?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2024, 08:58:07 PM »
Edit: I'm dumb.

We *still* forgive you.

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2024, 09:00:23 PM »
Someone set me straight .. what do you think the tickets will go for on Sunday?

Right now, there are upper deck seats for $225 after fees.   

With Purdue (likely) being in that session, why is there hope the tickets would be lower on game day?   I wouldn't expect a bunch of disappointed Colorado (?) or WKU fans who bought Session 3 (Sunday) to be dumping them. 

I'd expect Purdue fans to skip a 1v16 game, then buy Sunday and drive up prices.

Kinda seems like we should NOT wait to buy tickets until day of. 

I suppose the alternate theory is that the Sunday session isn't a sell out, so prices drop?

Purdue lost last year as a 1 seed. If they win Sunday prices will be high. I believe Sunday is already sold out.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 09:02:42 PM by zrjones13 »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2024, 09:12:11 PM »
In Columbus last year we waited for the result of the Purdue game when we saw it was close.

Ended up getting Sunday tickets in the lower bowl corner second row for $100 that Friday night.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2024, 09:16:11 PM »
Holding out on the hope that Purdue again falls to a 16 seems to be quite the hope to hold out for, no?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2024, 09:46:28 PM »
Holding out on the hope that Purdue again falls to a 16 seems to be quite the hope to hold out for, no?

Yeah wouldn’t count on that again.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2024, 10:07:44 PM »
Per Mike Broeker: Section 4 will be behind our bench; section 17 across from our bench.

https://x.com/mikebroeker/status/1769560930428350531?s=46&t=jxqs74xjrj0YOEifH9UtCw

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2024, 09:37:42 PM »
Anyone else waiting out tickets?  Don’t mind waiting out Friday but I feel like it best to move quickly on Sunday tickets.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2024, 09:48:41 PM »
Anyone else waiting out tickets?  Don’t mind waiting out Friday but I feel like it best to move quickly on Sunday tickets.

I bought my Sunday tickets on TickPick this morning. There are 4 in my group and we decided not to risk prices going even higher after Purdue wins. Not sure if it ultimately will have been the right move or not, but the section in which we bought our tickets (223) about 12 hours ago are showing prices about 50% higher now.

Haven't bought tix for Friday yet, though. Willing to roll the dice a little more.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2024, 09:53:33 PM »
$93 each all-in on TickPick for sec 213 just now. Needed five, got five. That's just Session 1 on Friday. Not sure what to do about Sunday yet.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2024, 09:58:30 PM »
I bought my Sunday tickets on TickPick this morning. There are 4 in my group and we decided not to risk prices going even higher after Purdue wins. Not sure if it ultimately will have been the right move or not, but the section in which we bought our tickets (223) about 12 hours ago are showing prices about 50% higher now.

Haven't bought tix for Friday yet, though. Willing to roll the dice a little more.

That’s bold. Love it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2024, 10:06:13 PM »
Slowly seeing prices come down for Friday on TickPick - even some at $79 all-in. Maybe Purdue fans had bought up tickets for the entire tournament but now are selling back those for Session 1?

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2024, 12:39:08 AM »
I was holding out but then found Section 2, Row 10 tickets for Friday for $210 a piece including fees. I guessed that would be our corner so super happy to see it is.

Driving back to Chicago on Saturday morning but may come back Sunday if the tickets are doable

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2024, 04:59:57 AM »
Driving back to Chicago on Saturday morning but may come back Sunday if the tickets are doable

Stop in South Bend for the women's game on your way!

Bahama

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2024, 08:36:23 AM »
Sunday games are still 200+.... I'm going to wait for people to sell after the Friday sessions. Feel like it can't get much worse after Columbus last year. Friday currently still in the 50-90 range as of this morning.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2024, 09:08:13 AM »
Sunday games are still 200+.... I'm going to wait for people to sell after the Friday sessions. Feel like it can't get much worse after Columbus last year. Friday currently still in the 50-90 range as of this morning.

Sunday might just suck. Right now, kind of thinking I will look to buy after game 2 of our early session… with the hope some of the losers have tix they try to unload, but do it before more Purdue folks jump in
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2024, 09:24:55 AM »
Sunday might just suck. Right now, kind of thinking I will look to buy after game 2 of our early session… with the hope some of the losers have tix they try to unload, but do it before more Purdue folks jump in

In talking to a few folks, I think the best answer may be to buy the all session and sell back Session 2 to Boiler fans (and I think Boiler fans are selling Session 1 to us/WKU). I jumped earlier on Sunday but the premium is high and not coming down. (Dare say, if MU loses, I can still sell to Purdue fans Sunday to cover).

The other answer for Sunday would to buy in the uppers and just try to move closer into Purdue fans' seats in the lower. If MU plays in the second game Sunday, the place will empty out (which may mean, though, Purdue gets the later game which makes this strategy not so attractive). I don't think there will be a surge of Colorado/Boise/Florida fans like MSU last year.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2024, 09:50:41 AM »

I’m thinking similar. Keeping on eye on Sunday for now and will grab if something good pops up, but otherwise holding off until at least Friday. I worry there are Purdue fans who got financially burned last year and are waiting to make sure it doesn’t happen again, but there may be deals to be had day-of.

Friday I will likely buy that morning.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2024, 09:55:08 AM »
I'm sure there's no official way to predict what time Sunday's game, but does any veteran tourney watcher have some kind of educated guesses beyond "we're in EST, so I guess it's more likely early than super late?"

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2024, 10:10:33 AM »
I'm sure there's no official way to predict what time Sunday's game, but does any veteran tourney watcher have some kind of educated guesses beyond "we're in EST, so I guess it's more likely early than super late?"

That was my educated guess in Columbus, also Eastern time, last year. Turned out to be wrong.  The Sunday game tipped at 5 or 5:30.  Made for a long, ornery, late night ride back to MKE.

I think gametime was published mid-day Saturday.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2024, 10:21:53 AM »
That was my educated guess in Columbus, also Eastern time, last year. Turned out to be wrong.  The Sunday game tipped at 5 or 5:30.  Made for a long, ornery, late night ride back to MKE.

I think gametime was published mid-day Saturday.

Yeah, I stopped guessing. In Cleveland and DC versus Cuse, the games were Sunday night despite EST. The Metro had stopped running in DC by the time the fans let out (midnight) for that game.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2024, 10:25:16 AM »

I like this idea.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2024, 11:33:06 AM »
Last year, scheduled Sunday tip times were (CT)
11:10, 1:40 in Greensboro
4:15, 6:45 in Columbus
5:10, 7:40 in Albany
6:10, 8:40 in Denver

Sunday sites and likely teams-

Indy: Marquette, Purdue, Florida/Colorado/Boise, TCU/Utah St.
Brooklyn: UConn, Duke, Wisconsin, FAU/Northwestern
Memphis: Baylor, Houston, Clemson/New Mexico, Nebraska/TAMU
Spokane: Auburn, San Diego St., Alabama, St. Mary’s

Assuming the times and windows are the same this year, I think Spokane will get the late slots. Maybe Memphis.

Beyond that, Brooklyn has probably the biggest TV pull and may get the 1st 2 slots on CBS so they can get Duke, UConn, and Wisconsin.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2024, 03:19:21 PM »

That's our current thinking too. Then again, if I wanted to be a price watcher, I'd consider buying now, with the presumption that I'll have tickets (hopefully at no more expensive than if I wait until between sessions 1 and 2 on Friday) when we win. And if we were to lose, then I could sell them to Purdue fans. No way both MU and Purdue will lose on Friday. Right?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2024, 03:42:52 PM »
Just registered for the MU pregame thingies
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.