[Today at 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[Today at 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: US Economy thread  (Read 45346 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: US Economy thread
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2024, 07:37:54 PM »
Back to the economy.  S&P 500 now at 5,000 +.  By my calculation that's a 5.38% gain already this year and we're just in the first full week of Feb.  I hope the market is not getting ahead of itself, but so far earnings seem to be supporting.  I guess it's just a waiting game for now to see how things pan out, but for 2024 so far so good.

The stock market isn't the economy, but I do agree that, in general, the U.S. economy is solid.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2024, 08:27:54 PM »
Huh, da ekonowmee iz dung, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2024, 04:10:10 PM »
From Seeking Alpha:

Maybe it was the prevalence of stock-trading apps combined with stimulus checks, but adults under 40 years old saw their wealth rise rise more than middle-aged or older adults since 2019, according to study by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Liberty Economics.

For individuals 39 and younger, wealth surged by a whopping 80%. Contrast that with those 40-54, which saw wealth increase by 10% and those 55 and over, which logged in a 30% gain.

Financial assets contributed the most to the increase. For those under 40, the real value of their financial assets rose more than 50% between 2019 and 2023. The 40-54 group saw only a 3% rise, and the over-50 cohort experienced a 20% boost.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/4065233-younger-adults-see-wealth-rise-the-most-since-the-pandemic-new-york-fed?mailingid=34314133&messageid=2900&serial=34314133.26783&utm_campaign=rta-stock-news&utm_content=link-1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=34314133.26783

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2024, 08:19:25 AM »
This is intriguing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-economy-faster-growth-ozempic-glp-1-weight-loss-drugs-2024-2?amp

The more Americans that take Ozempic, the faster the US economy will grow, Goldman Sachs says

Matthew Fox Feb 23, 2024, 10:22 AM ET

* The US economy will see a surge in growth as more people start to take GLP-1 weight loss drugs.
* Goldman Sachs forecasted that US GDP would jump by 1% if 60 million Americans took a GLP-1 drug.
* "The main reason we see economic upside from healthcare innovation is that poor health imposes significant economic costs," Goldman Sachs said.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2024, 07:26:15 AM »
From the AP:

NEW YORK (AP) — This year looks to be a much better one for the U.S. economy than business economists were forecasting just a few months ago, according to a survey released Monday.

The economy looks set to grow 2.2% this year after adjusting for inflation, according to the National Association for Business Economics. That’s up from the 1.3% that economists from universities, businesses and investment firms predicted in the association’s prior survey, which was conducted in November.

It’s the latest signal of strength for an economy that’s blasted through predictions of a recession.

https://apnews.com/article/us-economy-recession-forecasters-strength-ed49d9bfa9a26b6301065b990169d387?user_email=6647dfa7189f748384d7389910f7b584c6fcfc35ae990102964c7e826d4175c7&utm_medium=Morning_Wire&utm_source=Sailthru_AP&utm_campaign=Morning%20Wire_26%20Feb_2024&utm_term=Morning%20Wire%20Subscribers

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2024, 07:37:49 AM »
Sorry, the economy blows. Lies, lies, and more lies, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2024, 07:42:37 AM »
Sorry, the economy blows. Lies, lies, and more lies, hey?

I know you desperately want it to be, but it is actually in really good shape.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2024, 08:14:36 AM »

His children need to have an intervention.  He’s another one perilously close to being lost to a world of Fox News
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2024, 08:20:18 AM »
Not to mention, part of the reason the economy is in good shape is due to the Covid relief that Trump's administration quickly approved. But he never seems to campaign on that...or the vaccine...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2024, 08:31:34 AM »
His children need to have an intervention.  He’s another one perilously close to being lost to a world of Fox News
Close? This dope deeply believes that Obama is running the White House, vaccines are worse than a deadly virus, Russian disinformation is actually real, and apparently that objective data are "lies".

Just another broken old fool consumed by Kelly Anne's alternative facts.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:33:23 AM by TSmith34, Inc. »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2024, 11:01:58 AM »

Just spent $54.00 for half a tank. Its an election year, so let's watch it play out , aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2024, 11:29:40 AM »
First of all, WTF are you driving?

Second, I never realized that the price of gas = the economy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2024, 11:37:12 AM »
First of all, WTF are you driving?

Second, I never realized that the price of gas = the economy.

Here's Econ 101...in spite of BO's push for a "green" environment, everything travels by gas or diesel fuel. Hence, prices keep rising and the little guy, who can least afford it, gets hurt the most. Aka, trickle down economics.
As for me, I choose to drive the biggest, gas guzzlin', mf'er dat fits inta my suburban garage. And, refuse to make any apologies for it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2024, 11:39:07 AM »

Here's Econ 101...in spite of BO's push for a "green" environment, everything travels by gas or diesel fuel. Hence, prices keep rising and the little guy, who can least afford it, gets hurt the most. Aka, trickle down economics.
As for me, I choose to drive the biggest, gas guzzlin', mf'er dat fits inta my suburban garage. And, refuse to make any apologies for it, hey?

Then quit complaining about gas prices

• All American
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2024, 11:42:42 AM »

LOL. The United States is producing oil at a record level, and produces more than any other country in the world.  So I am not sure what the "green environment" has anything to do with this. Demand for oil is high..because the economy is humming.

And I truly do not care what you drive. You could drive a tank as far as I'm concerned.

But complaining about gas prices, while also bragging about driving "the biggest, gas guzzlin', mf'er dat fits inta my suburban garage," is hilarious.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2024, 11:45:12 AM »
You axed, I answered. BTW, no brag, just fact, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2024, 11:48:36 AM »

LOL. The United States is producing oil at a record level, and produces more than any other country in the world.  So I am not sure what the "green environment" has anything to do with this. Demand for oil is high..because the economy is humming.

And I truly do not care what you drive. You could drive a tank as far as I'm concerned.

But complaining about gas prices, while also bragging about driving "the biggest, gas guzzlin', mf'er dat fits inta my suburban garage," is hilarious.

Family really does need to do an intervention for him.

Probably need a Marquette losing streak to make him happy

• All American
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2024, 11:49:52 AM »
You axed, I answered. BTW, no brag, just fact, hey?

Why would I think that driving a big, gas guzzling car would be a brag?

• All American
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2024, 11:50:31 AM »
Family really does need to do an intervention for him.

To be honest, they probably are tired of him too.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2024, 11:51:19 AM »
'Cause dat's watt ewe sed, 4 minutes ago, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2024, 11:52:21 AM »
Ad hominem attacks are so yesterday, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2024, 12:25:41 PM »
Ad hominem attacks are so yesterday, hey?

Kinda like being pro-vaccine, hey?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2024, 12:48:14 PM »
Yeah, pretty much for children and those without comorbidities. Currently know of an individual, in the hospital, with covid. Unfortunately, in his case, he underwent a kidney transplant 3 years ago and is on immunotherapy drugs. But, despite getting the vaccine and every booster for himself and immediate family members, got covid from his daughter. Been a rough go, but he's making progress and likely to be released soon, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2024, 01:33:29 PM »

Just spent $54.00 for half a tank. Its an election year, so let's watch it play out , aina?
Stupid unnatural carnal knowledge has a 35-gallon tank and whines about gas being $3/gallon. LOL
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2024, 02:09:04 PM »

No vaccine for brainrot