'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Mock Drafts by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:11:43 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Tha Hound
[Today at 03:53:44 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 08, 2024, 07:42:23 PM]

Incoming freshmen by MuMark
[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'm selfish  (Read 2699 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: I'm selfish
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 02:43:04 PM »
Oso will be gone.  If he continues to play in manner he did last night, he is definitely a first round pick.

Kolek probably gone.  Some team take a chance in second round, then he does the G-League assignment.  Can never tell how he develops.  Doesn't seem like an overseas guy.  More like an assistant coach gig in future.  But probably makes more with NIL, then G-League. 

Kam. Question mark.  Now that his buddies are leaving, does he go/transfer or does he become the bigman on campus?
If he enters combine/draft, does some team take a chance as free agent, or gets advice at combine.

Gold.  No way drafted or signed as free agent and he can't play center.  He would have two fouls in first five minutes.  That role to Amadou or Hamilton.  Gold's role will remain the same, Ross/Joplin/Mitchell forwards, hope he enjoys it.

Sean Jones. ACL for athlete is 10-12 months recovery and won't be rushed back. He lost for next year?

Three freshmen. It always happens, one usually goes, who it is will be determined. 

The roster will be extremely changed at end of year and very young, unless Shaka goes against his transfer portal philosophy.  Looking forward to the big swingmen freshmen for next year, hope they get some time.  Will be very interesting.

Changed sure but I count two seniors (three if Kam stays) and two juniors Ross & Gold. Different team sure but not young.
Maigh Eo for Sam

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2024, 02:55:53 PM »
Oso will be gone.  If he continues to play in manner he did last night, he is definitely a first round pick.

Kolek probably gone.  Some team take a chance in second round, then he does the G-League assignment.  Can never tell how he develops.  Doesn't seem like an overseas guy.  More like an assistant coach gig in future.  But probably makes more with NIL, then G-League. 

Kam. Question mark.  Now that his buddies are leaving, does he go/transfer or does he become the bigman on campus?
If he enters combine/draft, does some team take a chance as free agent, or gets advice at combine.

Gold.  No way drafted or signed as free agent and he can't play center.  He would have two fouls in first five minutes.  That role to Amadou or Hamilton.  Gold's role will remain the same, Ross/Joplin/Mitchell forwards, hope he enjoys it.

Sean Jones. ACL for athlete is 10-12 months recovery and won't be rushed back. He lost for next year?

Three freshmen. It always happens, one usually goes, who it is will be determined. 

The roster will be extremely changed at end of year and very young, unless Shaka goes against his transfer portal philosophy.  Looking forward to the big swingmen freshmen for next year, hope they get some time.  Will be very interesting.

Its far from just you. But people are wayyyyyyyyy overrating the liklihood that Kam leaves. Could he? Sure.

Pro? Thats almost impossible at this point. He doesnt currently have a position as a way inconsistent shooter that would be undersized at that role and hasnt proven himself as a PG type.

Transfer? Uhh maybe someone throws him the bag. But still unlikely he leaves.

Hes been a huge culture guy and loving it here. People mention that the reason could be TK and Oso leaving. Does everyone forget that he actually came in with Stevie and Jop?? And that him and Stevie committed together and literally stayed in contact and chose to remain committed together? Shaka preaches togetherness so there are a lot of friends on the team, but from everything I've heard Stevie would be the "buddy leaving" that would most likely factor for Kam.

Lastly, no Oso and TK? Kam your table is fully ready. A system and culture he already knows? And next year he would be the true alpha. That is how he showcases to the league. Especially with SJ out for a while or all year. Kam will run the show a lot I imagine.

He could leave, but its not nearly as likely as everyone is randomly making it sound.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2024, 02:56:17 PM »
Oso is a goner, but I could see Kolek returning depending on some circumstances.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2024, 03:00:30 PM »
Changed sure but I count two seniors (three if Kam stays) and two juniors Ross & Gold. Different team sure but not young.

The young players will have to play significant time, that's what I should have implied. The current young guys playing due to the injuries and exception of one Lowery game, not so good.  Again, should be very interesting come April. 

PG Hero, I didn't say Kam is leaving, but like I stated, a question mark and only speculative options, not facts.  There are always surprises.  Always. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2024, 03:03:01 PM »
The young players will have to play significant time, that's what I should have implied. The current young guys playing due to the injuries and exception of one Lowery game, not so good.  Again, should be very interesting come April. 

PG Hero, I didn't say Kam is leaving, but like I stated, a question mark and only speculative options, not facts.  There are always surprises.  Always.

Correct. And thats why I said its not just you. I know you are not saying hes gone.

My point is more so, Kam is more of a question mark the way every player this day in age is with portal/NIL/gleauge.

Just like Jop could be gone, possible. It just isnt likely at all.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024, 03:27:35 PM »
Kolek...Doesn't seem like an overseas guy.

Kolek reminds me a lot of Diener...and Diener had a pretty decent run oversees. I suspect that of Kolek doesn't land on an NBA or G League roster he'll end up playing oversees somewhere.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2024, 03:33:24 PM »
Hopefully, TKo is smart enough to not punch a tackling dummy, thereby flushing a season.   Hopefully Shaka is always able to have guard depth enough to overcome such silliness.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2024, 04:09:31 PM »

It really won't be that young.  We'll be starting all upper classmen, including 3 seniors (Kam, Stevie, Jop, Chase, Ben).  Sean will be back towards the early part of the season and will be a junior off the bench.  You need 2 more to fill out your rotation.  I think Zaide is showing he should be a regular contributor next year as a sophomore.  So you need one of Tre, Al, Caedin, Royce, or Damarius to be the 8th man, and/or you go out and get a transfer.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2024, 04:12:55 PM »
Hopefully, TKo is smart enough to not punch a tackling dummy, thereby flushing a season.   Hopefully Shaka is always able to have guard depth enough to overcome such silliness.

And hopefully Shaka is smart enough not to have tackling dummies at a basketball practice.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2024, 04:20:56 PM »
Bottom line, if Tyler leaves with Jones injured, MU will definitely need a transfer point guard as Mitchell, Kam are not points and Norman has not shown enough to hand him the keys.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2024, 04:24:12 PM »
Maybe.  There's a lot of time between now and November.  The offseason is usually good for a few surprises.  Not high on my worry list right now in January though.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2024, 04:30:20 PM »
Maybe.  There's a lot of time between now and November.  The offseason is usually good for a few surprises.  Not high on my worry list right now in January though.

Hopefully some good surprises!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2024, 04:31:22 PM »
Bottom line, if Tyler leaves with Jones injured, MU will definitely need a transfer point guard as Mitchell, Kam are not points and Norman has not shown enough to hand him the keys.

You guys really haven't caught on yet huh?

1) Shaka isn't looking ahead to next year at this point

but

2) when that time comes, I assure you that Tre Norman will get every opportunity to be the starting point guard. Him 'not showing enough' in your eyes doesn't disqualify him for a position Shaka recruited him for and has said he will be an All Conference player at.

Kolek, Kam, Stevie, Oso, OMax, Joplin, Sean, Chase, Ben they were all unknowns before Shaka utilized them in the best ways he has seen fit. Tre, Zaide, and Al will be no different if they all stay. Culture is real and it has only gotten stronger year by year. No reason to believe that won't continue.
VIOLENCE!

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2024, 04:32:06 PM »
A smart team would draft both of them and let them run the pick and roll. 

I think we are over-optimistic on most of these posts.  Oso cannot shoot and doesn't give much rim protection.  Late first / early 2nd.  Long G league tenure until he learns to shoot.  Then a chance as a versatile switching big. 

Kolek will get drafted 2nd round because he's viewed as too slow.  On the right team, he already has NBA ready vision, court awareness, and turnover levels.  He could be the 2nd pg on a bad team (Podziemski?) but wouldn't get much playing time on a good team.  IMHO, higher NBA ceiling than Oso, because he has a position, has the size for the position, and has no glaring deficiencies like "can't shoot". 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2024, 04:36:16 PM »

but

2) when that time comes, I assure you that Tre Norman will get every opportunity to be the starting point guard. Him 'not showing enough' in your eyes doesn't disqualify him for a position Shaka recruited him for and has said he will be an All Conference player at.

Kolek, Kam, Stevie, Oso, OMax, Joplin, Sean, Chase, Ben they were all unknowns before Shaka utilized them in the best ways he has seen fit. Tre, Zaide, and Al will be no different if they all stay. Culture is real and it has only gotten stronger year by year. No reason to believe that won't continue.

Both can be true.  I'm sure Norman will be given opportunities, but I would also hope that we're not putting all of our eggs in that basket.  There's a reason why the saying "always be recruiting" is a thing.  I'm very high on Norman and certainly wouldn't write him off, but having multiple options is never a bad thing.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2024, 04:41:15 PM »

I think we are over-optimistic on most of these posts.  Oso cannot shoot and doesn't give much rim protection.  Late first / early 2nd.  Long G league tenure until he learns to shoot.  Then a chance as a versatile switching big. 

Kolek will get drafted 2nd round because he's viewed as too slow.  On the right team, he already has NBA ready vision, court awareness, and turnover levels.  He could be the 2nd pg on a bad team (Podziemski?) but wouldn't get much playing time on a good team.  IMHO, higher NBA ceiling than Oso, because he has a position, has the size for the position, and has no glaring deficiencies like "can't shoot".

Oso is not overly optimistic. Multiple draft guys have him mid 1st round.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2024, 04:48:47 PM »

I'm going to disagree on most of this.  Oso has so much potential because of his athleticism and basketball IQ.  You can teach guys to shoot, but you can't make them better athletes.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2024, 04:48:57 PM »
The only question regarding Kam can only be answered by Kam. If I were him I would be doing deep self evaluation after the season and honestly determine if I am capable of being the man without TK and Oso. If yes, I am back otherwise I would transfer to school that I would be the second or third guy on a very good team. I think he has more to lose coming back without the other two guys.

As for Kolek playing overseas, I think he would be instant star playing in Europe. He is flashy player with an edge and I think he would be a fan favorite instantly.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2024, 05:16:53 PM »

but

Pretty sure the SJ injury threw a wrench into his plans.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2024, 06:09:05 PM »
Oso is not overly optimistic. Multiple draft guys have him mid 1st round.
I watched Oso up close last night - first time I had seen him play in person and I was in the 5th row. Super impressed, both on the offensive and defensive end.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2024, 08:24:50 AM »
Those UW guys will be back because they won't be in the NBA play professionally anywhere.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback