* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Its DJOver
[Today at 09:35:26 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Transfer Portal  (Read 136294 times)

WeAreMarquette96

• Scholarship Player
Re: 2024 Transfer Portal
« Reply #1100 on: April 17, 2024, 09:03:52 AM »
Someone on Trilly’s discord said MU likely hosting 6’5 German guard Maximilian Lamgenfield for a visit next week or so

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1101 on: April 17, 2024, 09:05:01 AM »
Hahaha move the goalposts? You people are idiots.

Wade's claimed that I said Shaka doesn't take transfers. Wrong. I said he doesn't take transfers over the top of his guys.

Wade's then claimed I said I know someone who said Robbie Avila and Marquette have mutual interest. He literally just made that up because I never said that.

Nice try.  Your actual original claim.

Finding repeated success (Top 25 and NCAA Tournament annually) while

A) retaining every rotational player
AND
B) not taking on any transfers of "substance"

A). Greg, which you shifted goalposts to support your argument.
B.) TKO, OMax, which you shifted goalposts to support your argument.

Goalpost shift receipts.

Greg Elliott was the one that was essentially forced out.

There's a difference between a program starter that Kolek was and a plug and play like Jones is.

Evan after your goalpost shift, Morsell and Kur clearly fit the "plug and play" mold.  I await where they'll move next.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 09:06:43 AM by Its DJOver »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1102 on: April 17, 2024, 09:06:57 AM »

I never said Marquette will never take transfers. I've simply restated what Shaka has said that they won't take a transfer over someone they already have available.

Can you show us where Shaka said this?
Seems that if MU did reach out to a 5th year player like Hugley, it's not to be the 13th man.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1103 on: April 17, 2024, 09:13:45 AM »
VIOLENCE!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1104 on: April 17, 2024, 09:15:48 AM »
Thank you for the receipts. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: April 17, 2024, 09:16:51 AM »
Nice try.  Your actual original claim.

A). Greg, which you shifted goalposts to support your argument.
B.) TKO, OMax, which you shifted goalposts to support your argument.

Goalpost shift receipts.

Evan after your goalpost shift, Morsell and Kur clearly fit the "plug and play" mold.  I await where they'll move next.

TK and OMax were program starters. Come on keep up here.

Who did Kolek, Morsell, Kuath, and OMax come in over the top of that Shaka already had a connection with? No one.

He restarted the program with transfers. You have to. Now he he'd rather retain his players. This is not as difficult as you make it seem to keep up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/court-report-how-marquette-became-one-of-college-basketballs-best-teams-despite-shunning-transfer-portal/

https://twitter.com/DariusJoshuaTV/status/1514311512323731466?t=oUetwViQGQeECJiQLaCh2g&s=19

https://twitter.com/BenSteeleMJS/status/1666807227104256000?t=mn8No0u8Dx_omxOUDtZd_A&s=19
VIOLENCE!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1106 on: April 17, 2024, 09:20:31 AM »
TK and OMax were program starters. Come on keep up here.

This is not what you originally said though, hence the goalpost shift.  In case you forgot, this again is what you said.

TKO, Omax, Morsell and Kur were all "of substance".

Keep doubling down though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1107 on: April 17, 2024, 09:22:36 AM »
Someone on Trilly’s discord said MU likely hosting 6’5 German guard Maximilian Lamgenfield for a visit next week or so

This isn’t the place for portal news
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1108 on: April 17, 2024, 09:23:46 AM »
The key quote in that article was this:

"If we can bring in a transfer that makes sense for us that we think is a cultural fit for us, and he really wants to be at Marquette and be part of something bigger than himself, great. Let's do that," Smart said. "But if some guys try to come in here for a straight transaction, what can you do for me? What can I do for you? Yeah, we're good."

Shaka would have absolutely no problem bringing in a transfer who would receive substantial NIL money, by saying something like this:

"We absolutely will continue leaning on the recruit-develop-retain model to build our program, but we feel very fortunate to be able to bring in a high-character player who fits our culture perfectly like (insert transfer's name here). Coming to play at Marquette was far more than just a financial transaction to him. We're excited to add a team-first warrior to our program."

Shaka HAS looked at transfers - guys he would have to commit some NIL $$$ to. So I'm guessing he's prepared to explain himself when asked to do so. Shaka's a pretty bright guy. Some might even call him Smart.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1109 on: April 17, 2024, 09:28:19 AM »
This is not what you originally said though, hence the goalpost shift.  In case you forgot, this again is what you said.

TKO, Omax, Morsell and Kur were all "of substance".

Keep doubling down though.

My stance on this thread has always been the same.

"Shaka has said time and time again that he isn't recruiting the portal over guys he already has and I imagine the lineup you saw starting last night is what they are starting next year."

I'm not saying he'll never have to use the portal or no one will ever transfer out, but if Shaka has his way with player retention how he envisions it and how it has gone since he took over here, then the portal won't be used how many of you want it to be.
VIOLENCE!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1110 on: April 17, 2024, 09:30:45 AM »
The key quote in that article was this:

"If we can bring in a transfer that makes sense for us that we think is a cultural fit for us, and he really wants to be at Marquette and be part of something bigger than himself, great. Let's do that," Smart said. "But if some guys try to come in here for a straight transaction, what can you do for me? What can I do for you? Yeah, we're good."

Shaka would have absolutely no problem bringing in a transfer who would receive substantial NIL money, by saying something like this:

"We absolutely will continue leaning on the recruit-develop-retain model to build our program, but we feel very fortunate to be able to bring in a high-character player who fits our culture perfectly like (insert transfer's name here). Coming to play at Marquette was far more than just a financial transaction to him. We're excited to add a team-first warrior to our program."

Shaka HAS looked at transfers - guys he would have to commit some NIL $$$ to. So I'm guessing he's prepared to explain himself when asked to do so. Shaka's a pretty bright guy. Some might even call him Smart.

Yup!

But you missed another important piece to the story.

"You ain't getting a lot of these guys unless they're getting some sort of bag," Smart said. "Number one, we weren't in position to do that. Number two, we're not comfortable doing that. Number three, we didn't want to ever prioritize some random guy from the Mountain West Conference over our current players. That's ludicrous to me."
VIOLENCE!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1111 on: April 17, 2024, 09:31:10 AM »
I'm not saying he'll never have to use the portal or no one will ever transfer out, but if Shaka has his way with player retention how he envisions it and how it has gone since he took over here, then the portal won't be used how many of you want it to be.

I agree, but this is absolutely not what you said when you were asked to clarify your comments about Shaka's upcoming documentary.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1112 on: April 17, 2024, 09:36:13 AM »
I agree, but this is absolutely not what you said when you were asked to clarify your comments about Shaka's upcoming documentary.

I said that no one has done it like him.

No one has prioritized player retention without adding portal players to the rotation like he has. I believe that is true. If you don't...fine.

I know he has taken transfers and probably will again at some point if his retention strategy is challenged, but if you can't see that the transfers he took on were to jumpstart a program (out of necessity) compared to now when he has the retention working then I don't know what to tell you.
VIOLENCE!

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1113 on: April 17, 2024, 09:38:06 AM »
Ah, scoop in the off season.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1114 on: April 17, 2024, 09:39:17 AM »
I said that no one has done it like him.

No one has prioritized player retention without adding portal players to the rotation like he has. I believe that is true. If you don't...fine.

I know he has taken transfers and probably will again at some point if his retention strategy is challenged, but if you can't see that the transfers he took on were to jumpstart a program (out of necessity) compared to now when he has the retention working then I don't know what to tell you.

Once again, I (mostly) agree with what you are saying now.  But, once again, it is absolutely not what you said when you were asked to clarify what the Shaka documentary was going to be about.

Finding repeated success (Top 25 and NCAA Tournament annually) while

A) retaining every rotational player
AND

Both A, and B are not true.  No matter what you say now after the fact, they will never be true.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1115 on: April 17, 2024, 09:41:10 AM »
Ah, scoop in the off season.
slow day in the basement, apparently

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1116 on: April 17, 2024, 09:43:58 AM »
You said contender.  They were.
slow morning in the basement? btw, do you have a job? Are you and Sultan the same person?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1117 on: April 17, 2024, 09:50:56 AM »
slow morning in the basement? btw, do you have a job? Are you and Sultan the same person?

Why do you always get so defensive?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1118 on: April 17, 2024, 10:13:39 AM »
Mack officially to Gtown.

If we were to get someone Mahaney would be the guy. Ain’t happening but would love it
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1119 on: April 17, 2024, 10:14:49 AM »

They were contenders this year.  And last year.

It’s not really a debate.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1120 on: April 17, 2024, 10:15:30 AM »
Mack officially to Gtown.

If we were to get someone Mahaney would be the guy. Ain’t happening but would love it

St. Mary’s assistant that recruited him just took a job at Michigan.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #1121 on: April 17, 2024, 10:22:00 AM »
One thing to keep in mind about Avila, he did play AAU for Chicago Meanstreets, pretty sure Jerel is heavily involved with the program

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1122 on: April 17, 2024, 10:24:31 AM »
One thing to keep in mind about Avila, he did play AAU for Chicago Meanstreets, pretty sure Jerel is heavily involved with the program

Avila ain’t happening

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #1123 on: April 17, 2024, 10:30:36 AM »
Avila ain’t happening
I forgot, you know everything my fault

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1124 on: April 17, 2024, 10:33:17 AM »
I forgot, you know everything my fault

Nope I just know he’s not coming here

You’re either trolling, being trolled or your unnamed source is being trolled

feedback