[June 07, 2024, 09:44:59 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 07, 2024, 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[June 07, 2024, 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[June 07, 2024, 05:10:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Was Your College Degree Worth It's Cost?  (Read 2773 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Was Your College Degree Worth It's Cost?
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2024, 08:38:24 PM »
courtesy of my friend, lurch 91

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F72CmcZq0JM

Marquette bars, circa 1986

That was great!
Still very appropriate for 1987-1991.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2024, 11:31:38 AM »
The hair.  The wardrobe.   The terrible editing.   The prices of alcohol at the Mugrack.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2024, 11:32:51 AM »
The hair.  The wardrobe.   The terrible editing.   The prices of alcohol at the Mugrack.

Dark Years for the Gen Xers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2024, 11:35:12 AM »
Dark Years for the Gen Xers.
Not the beer prices at the Mugrack.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2024, 07:14:25 AM »
So it’s interesting, obviously YMMV but in terms of law school/lawyers/unhappiness, in my experience the majority of people who saw law school isn’t worth it are unhappy lawyers.  Conversely, off the top of my head I know 3 lawyers who left practicing.  One went to a decent West Coast school, the other 2 went to an Ivy and another top 10 law school. All left law firms/practices between 5-12 years out of law school.  One works for a family office cause his speciality was financial law.  Another works in management for a company.  The third is actually a sales lead/GM of Asia for my company.  All didn’t like being “lawyers” and working in law firms.  But all have at some point raved about law school, the experience they gained during it/becoming a lawyer, and how fundamental it is to their success after leaving practice

Ha, I dropped out of law school because I was disillusioned with the high likelihood that I'd be a defense lawyer.  Being in law school and going to class for two years was great, but I didn't love all the time spent in the library doing research... and then I realized that this was going to be my career.

Called it a day and moved in with my future wife and went to work at a Pharma lab for four years.  Everything seemed so less stressful and easier after having went to law school, but I just wish I could have all that tuition money back.   ;D

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2024, 08:44:53 AM »
At the cost of 2004-2008 tuition plus a $8k a year scholarship, Marquette was worth it for me. Although my undergraduate degree did not have a huge impact on my current earnings (that was my Master's Degree at Loyola Chicago), I'd still say the experiences were worth it for me. I met my wife and many lifelong friends there.

Would it be worth it today, with current tuition? Hard to say. Tuition has more than doubled since then.

Assuming I'd still get into UW-Madison today, as I did in 2004, with in-state tuition, the economics might favor that decision. Sorry, blasphemy I know.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 08:48:33 AM by Coleman »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2024, 09:50:41 PM »
Growing up in Florida, I never would have had Real Chili or Ed whites at the Lanche, so it was worth every penny.

feedback