Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bluejays SOTG  (Read 8341 times)

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
Re: Bluejays SOTG
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2023, 06:12:21 PM »
Highly impressed (9.5 out of 10), and highly worried he was going to biff it and get stuffed by the rim.  Bet you slo mo that one and he had about 1 inch of clearance.  The 2 second celebration with the fans in the stands behind the basket?  0 out of 10.

Shaka was not pleased. It should be pointed out that when Sean Jones blew the layup due to maybe thinking dunk….he immediately responded defensively on the two ensuing possessions. The thing Shaka should say to David is: Jop, SJ is the fastest man in college hoops, and even he had to work to get back involved with play after making a bad decision.

panda

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2023, 06:22:54 PM »
Highly impressed (9.5 out of 10), and highly worried he was going to biff it and get stuffed by the rim.  Bet you slo mo that one and he had about 1 inch of clearance.  The 2 second celebration with the fans in the stands behind the basket?  0 out of 10.

Bragging about dunking on a message is wayyy better than high fiving the fans after a real dunk.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2023, 06:36:15 PM »
Sean
HM -- Oso & Tyler

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2023, 06:55:56 PM »
Shaka - had the game plan that put the guys in position to win.
Oso - for playing amazing Defense, making key FT's and rebounds, rebounds, rebounds.  Oh, and no foul trouble.
Sean - The game he's been about to have for a year now he just had.  Need more of this from him
but.... Kolek, with the quietest 15 pt, 8 ast, 4 board 3 steal game in history kind of has to be the stud. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2023, 07:04:02 PM »
Shaka - had the game plan that put the guys in position to win.
Oso - for playing amazing Defense, making key FT's and rebounds, rebounds, rebounds.  Oh, and no foul trouble.
Sean - The game he's been about to have for a year now he just had.  Need more of this from him
but.... Kolek, with the quietest 15 pt, 8 ast, 4 board 3 steal game in history kind of has to be the stud.

It's almost like we are starting to take TK for granted. He was exactly what you said + excellent on defense.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 07:13:35 PM by Jockey »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2023, 07:11:01 PM »
Jop celebrated the dunk with Jae.

He also had time to get back and chest bump Stevie before Creighton even got the ball down court. His celebration is not what allowed a Creighton basket. Honestly it was just fouling being the worst thing you could do, so MU showed no resistance at all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2023, 07:12:20 PM »
Sean Jones

Honorable mentions Oso Tyler Jop

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2023, 07:15:20 PM »

He also had time to get back and chest bump Stevie before Creighton even got the ball down court. His celebration is not what allowed a Creighton basket. Honestly it was just fouling being the worst thing you could do, so MU showed no resistance at all.

I thought the same thing. Shaka looked pissed at the whole team for parting like the Dead Sea.

panda

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2023, 07:18:52 PM »

Video on Marquette instagram supports this. Jop wagon clearly appears to be back on defense and as prepared as ever before the ball is even in the officials hands underneath the basket.

Yet another point in Jop’s column.

To the haters and losers, keep trying but the jop wagon is rollin, rollin, rollin.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2023, 07:34:35 PM »

Offering absolutely no resistance and an automatic layup was the worst thing he could have done on that possession.  And that's what Jop did.  But at least it was Jae that he celebrated the dunk with.  So.  There's that!!

panda

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2023, 07:37:07 PM »
Offering absolutely no resistance and an automatic layup was the worst thing he could have done on that possession.  And that's what Jop did.  But at least it was Jae that he celebrated the dunk with.  So.  There's that!!

One has nothing to do with the other.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2023, 07:39:53 PM »
Video on Marquette instagram supports this. Jop wagon clearly appears to be back on defense and as prepared as ever before the ball is even in the officials hands underneath the basket.

Yet another point in Jop’s column.

To the haters and losers, keep trying but the jop wagon is rollin, rollin, rollin.

I misunderstood Shaka’s rage after that bucket. Even thinking Jop messed up, I still have been very much pulling for him. Happy he is turning the corner. Two very solid games in a row.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2023, 07:40:45 PM »
One has nothing to do with the other.

You're right.  Jop definitely didn't lose focus in that moment at all.  Wonder why Shaka was so pissed off right after giving up that gimme layup? 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2023, 07:53:24 PM »
Easy. TyKo. KPom agrees. Oso was not great offensively and many of his Orebs were his own misses.

panda

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2023, 07:57:48 PM »
You're right.  Jop definitely didn't lose focus in that moment at all.  Wonder why Shaka was so pissed off right after giving up that gimme layup?

Jop was back on defense. Go watch the tape.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2023, 07:57:51 PM »

Not sure if he “lost focus” or not, but it’s not a great look.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2023, 08:04:40 PM »
https://x.com/marquettembb/status/1741264979678973981?s=46&t=el-XnIMOEDcxAw3lmg3L5A

Pathetic from Stevie not being in a defensive stance right here

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2023, 08:16:50 PM »
S. Jones 13 mins were Fire!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2023, 08:26:40 PM »
Jop was back on defense. Go watch the tape.

Dude. I know he was back on defense. He was mentally still caught up on his dunk. He was an absolute turn style on that play. Your point makes it worse. He was back, and just let the guy go to the basket with zero resistance.  Watch the immediate aftermath, Kolek kind of looked at him like WTF? 

Look, Jop hit 2 huge shots and those were clutch.  He just got a little carried away in the moment and I have no doubt Shaka will point it out and Jop learns from it.

Jop is the biggest X-factor for this team. If he’s good we are really good. But, Sean Jones very well may become the X-Factor. He is a disruptor.

panda

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2023, 08:29:51 PM »
Dude. I know he was back on defense. He was mentally still caught up on his dunk. He was an absolute turn style on that play. Your point makes it worse. He was back, and just let the guy go to the basket with zero resistance.  Watch the immediate aftermath, Kolek kind of looked at him like WTF? 

Look, Jop hit 2 huge shots and those were clutch.  He just got a little carried away in the moment and I have no doubt Shaka will point it out and Jop learns from it.

Jop is the biggest X-factor for this team. If he’s good we are really good. But, Sean Jones very well may become the X-Factor. He is a disruptor.

You a mind reader now too ?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2023, 08:42:34 PM »
You a mind reader now too ?

Do you disagree with my post?  Think Jop was locked in on D on that possession?  Yes or no?

panda

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2023, 08:47:56 PM »
Do you disagree with my post?  Think Jop was locked in on D on that possession?  Yes or no?

Players make mistakes. I don’t believe giving a high five contributed to the mistake in question.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2023, 08:48:47 PM »
Players make mistakes. I don’t believe giving a high five contributed to the mistake in question.

I mean...maybe?

Shaka didn't seem to think so. And that makes it a teachable moment regardless.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2023, 08:54:09 PM »
I will follow up on a previous post, no one should miss a second on TK’s play at MU. He is a joy to watch and should not be taken for granted. To be honest, I think too many are taking him for granted and think they are missing out.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2023, 08:55:12 PM »

I agree players make mistakes and I’m a huge fan of letting players play through them (one of the reasons I hated Wojo was his quick hook with most guys).

I don’t think Jop’s high five was the reason ha man blew by him on the other end, but that’s he wasn’t locked in still reveling in the play. But all good. We won.

feedback