[June 11, 2024, 10:23:42 PM]

Hurley staying! by NCMUFan
[June 11, 2024, 04:46:28 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[June 11, 2024, 04:22:26 PM]

2024 Scoop Art Competition by Skatastrophy
[June 11, 2024, 09:53:42 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tommies SOTG  (Read 4727 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Tommies SOTG
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023, 10:18:08 PM »
For the dunk and his grandma who was sitting in front of me 😁

Does she look good?

Biggie Clausen

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2023, 10:40:58 PM »
Biggie

If by “next level” you mean the NBA I don’t see it for Jop - too slow, not a good enough athlete. His only hope (imo) would be if he became such an elite 3 point shooter (better than Novak or Sam) that some team would find a spot for him on the end of their bench.

Lenny, I agree with you.  Novak was an absolutely elite shooter (and taller) and Sam is a better basketball player than Jop.  Funnily enough, those are the two guys I  thought of when I was pondering Jop’s post-MU prospects.  Let’s hope he proves us wrong.  And if he doesn’t, let’s hope he plays within his game in conference season and remains a good threat from deep.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2023, 10:50:58 PM »
Oso and it’s really not close. 21, 8 rebounds, couple steals, 7/11 FT.  He was excellent.  Costly mistake on the flagrant but he was excellent start to finish.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2023, 03:34:24 AM »
21 Jump

I was not at the game but thought the same thing about Kolek being mentally out of it or pissed off over something. It did look like he threw the ball at Joplin on TV as well.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2023, 05:13:38 AM »
Oso

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2023, 06:47:43 AM »
Kudos to Sean Jones for a nice game, a bounce back after a number of rough outings. Very, very good D, controlled on offense. He'll never be a good 3-point shooter, but he did all the other things that make him valuable.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2023, 07:40:54 AM »
21 Jump

I was not at the game but thought the same thing about Kolek being mentally out of it or pissed off over something. It did look like he threw the ball at Joplin on TV as well.

It was a bad dribble handoff that he was upset about.

Outside of ST's two point shooting, the stat I was most disappointed with was Tyler only shooting one three. The looks were there.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2023, 07:50:41 AM »

Outside of ST's two point shooting, the stat I was most disappointed with was Tyler only shooting one three. The looks were there.

Agreed.  I think a couple of players seemed afraid to take open looks.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2023, 07:54:06 AM »
Agreed.  I think a couple of players seemed afraid to take open looks.
He wanted to show he could win SOTG without being leading scorer. It was on purpose.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2023, 07:57:42 AM »

TyKo is very coachable, and that’s part of his leadership role on the team.

After the Wisconsin game Shaka challenged him to be more aggressive and look to get his and he went for 28.
Last night, the message was to get others involved and he only attempted 6 shots in 38 minutes and got 12&10.

He’s a star in every role, but that role changes as directly by his coaches message, scouting of opponent, game flow etc.

Only issue is that the coaches have to direct him the right way at the right time. He started off the ball a lot in Madison and it turned out to be the incorrect move imo.
Last night, it was obvious he was in distributor mode. As the game got dicey in the 2H he tried to press offensively and wasn’t effective, likely because he wasn’t in that mindset all game.

Eventually this season we will see a game, or several games, where he does both.
We saw 28,8,6 against Texas and 22,7,6 against Purdue.
He will have some BE games where he goes 20&10+ I would imagine.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2023, 08:00:16 AM »
Oso for SOTG

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2023, 08:55:54 AM »
21 Jump

Goose

It was shocking. I have a kid like Tyler, always the leader, always has to be on, always has to be lifting his teammates. Sometimes that armor cracks, and I think it did last night with Tyler. He was extra chippy, extra mouthy to the refs, extra mouthy to the opposing bench, threw the ball at Jop, extra demonstrative on his throwing of his head back when defended, extra selfish, well, actually selfish. He has earned the right, but last night he let it turn negative.

I think he wanted to pummel St. Thomas, and when the guys weren’t connected and busting their asses, he got pissed. A pissed Tyler has proven to be an excellent Tyler many times, last night, we saw the opposite, in my opinion.

In true Tyler form, he once again carried the team in the end, made huge free throws, and didn’t cross the line with words or actions that could have cost the team. He has the “Warrior Mindset” and sometimes this happens.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2023, 08:57:15 AM »

Yep, it was absolutely that hand off. Normally, Tyler drops the ball and heads the other way. This time, he grabbed the ball, turned, and whipped it at Jop. There was an off energy in the Fiserv last night.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2023, 08:58:59 AM »
21 Jump

Probably mad at Kam for calling out his gas station undies.  I will be monitoring slaps of five from here forward.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2023, 09:13:34 AM »
Probably mad at Kam for calling out his gas station undies.  I will be monitoring slaps of five from here forward.

They should tally them up and chart them like deflections so we all know.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2023, 09:25:01 AM »

Then he should have "whipped" (21's word) the ball at Kam rather than taking it out on Jop.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2023, 09:36:45 AM »
Yep, it was absolutely that hand off. Normally, Tyler drops the ball and heads the other way. This time, he grabbed the ball, turned, and whipped it at Jop. There was an off energy in the Fiserv last night.

I guess not shown on TV but he pointed at himself and said my bad. He was frustrated at himself.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2023, 09:51:26 AM »
They aren't machines. Kolek is a great player who didn't have his best game ... but he still had a double-double and still made some outstanding passes. He usually is so sharp mentally that when he isn't, it's hard to believe. I'm not the least bit concerned. He showed his toughness at the end by taking care of the ball and making important FTs.

Oso was obviously the SoG ... but then again I thought that was the case for ND, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2023, 11:31:07 AM »
Kudos to Sean Jones for a nice game, a bounce back after a number of rough outings. Very, very good D, controlled on offense. He'll never be a good 3-point shooter, but he did all the other things that make him valuable.

Really liked his post up moves down low.  When he plays under control he is so fast and athletic and explosive that he can do it against people much taller.  Going to be a really good player for MU. 

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2023, 11:31:36 AM »
Oso for SOTG

Goose

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2023, 12:04:04 PM »
Oso

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2023, 12:39:26 PM »
I have no problem with Tyler playing off the ball in half court or inbounds offense, but I really wish he would bring the ball up after every defensive rebound or true transition offensive possession. He is a wizard at making the right judgement and getting an easy 2 for somebody when everybody is running. His greatest talent in my opinion

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2023, 12:40:16 PM »
I guess not shown on TV but he pointed at himself and said my bad. He was frustrated at himself.

Appreciate that clarification, it was so out of character that this makes sense to me

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2023, 12:46:31 PM »
Oso
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2023, 02:03:49 PM »
Oso for SOTG.
Honorable mentions Tyler double double and clutch free throws. Chase clutch 3 pointer.

feedback