[July 26, 2024, 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[July 26, 2024, 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[July 26, 2024, 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[July 26, 2024, 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU's Resurgence  (Read 7158 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: MU's Resurgence
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2023, 12:45:44 PM »

Bagders need to give Greggo a lifetime contract.

Fortunately they basically have since it automatically adds another year after each season.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2023, 01:54:27 PM »
Marquette is once again a national program that is recognizable and pure joy to watch.  On the flipside Wisky is, has, and has always been the epitome of pure boredom combined with an ignominious fan base.  If by some fluke of nature UW beat MU 100 times in a row I would still much prefer to be an MU fan and commiserate with the MU fan base. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2023, 03:26:40 PM »
As for Gold, he'll be a playa once he shakes off the nerves and the fear of makin' a mistake, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2023, 04:31:15 PM »
How will Shaka fare when Wojo’s guys r gowne????
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2023, 04:35:58 PM »
Yes Goose.  Adding a few 6'7 switchables would not suck.

Muggsy…..let me introduce you to Demarius Owens…….Parham is probably a 6’9 switchable……

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2023, 04:38:54 PM »
How will Shaka fare when Wojo’s guys r gowne????

Open question if he can replace Oso. 

I think we'll be fine on the guards and fwds....two-thirds of the ex-Oso mins and points from the kansas game are Shaka's recruits or transfers. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2023, 04:51:50 PM »
Marquette's style of play is also another feather in Shaka's cap.  Do not be surprised if we add a few burger boys and impact transfers in the years to come.

? Have you listened to Shaka in the last few years?
I would be VERY surprised to see him add a transfer. That isnt the route he’s going and he’s discussed it ad nauseum.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2023, 04:59:49 PM »
I don't think it would be "throwing away the model" to do something similar to Morsell/Kur. I think Shaka would agree with that statement, but I don't profess to know for sure.
Those two were stop gap fillers until Shaka could start to implement his plan. He is recruiting for the long term…..3 and 4 year players.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2023, 05:10:28 PM »
Parham looks like a great replacement for Oso to me but obviously the proof will be in the pudding ….so to speak.

Oso didn’t look much like the Oso we have now 2-3 years ago.

I don’t think Parham is as athletic as Oso…..but he can pass and move…..and he’s a better shooter.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2023, 05:19:28 PM »
I would be VERY surprised to see him add a transfer. That isnt the route he’s going and he’s discussed it ad nauseum.

I don't think it will happen a lot but I do believe it will occur on occasion. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2023, 05:31:12 PM »

Disagree

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2023, 05:32:29 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2023, 05:50:23 PM »
Why

I don’t believe Shaka WILL NOT or REFUSES to consider transfers. It’s just not his preference. Sometimes, you have little choice.

The comment was “I’d be shocked to see Shaka add a transfer… in the coming YEARS”

I would not. Lots of things can happen in future years

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2023, 05:52:59 PM »
Those two were stop gap fillers until Shaka could start to implement his plan. He is recruiting for the long term…..3 and 4 year players.

Yes he is. That's what he wants to do. But stuff happens.

No way to know for sure, and maybe it's different if we have 3-4 players all leave at once

No maybe, IMHO. It would be different.

It would be very easy for Shaka to explain, too: "It is our philosophy to build from within and reward the guys who are already here. But we had an unexpected hole in our roster, so we decided to bring in these very fine, team-oriented veterans who will fit our culture perfectly. The returning guys will love playing with them, and it will be seamless. We aren't changing our philosophy or culture at all."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Goose

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2023, 06:00:17 PM »
IMO, Shaka will lean to signing 2-3 year transfers vs. one year guys. I was disappointed that he did not add a guy this offseason but they’re a lot of unknowns for next year. Signing a 2-3 guy this year might not be a great fit next year. I think Shaka will definitely have incoming transfers down the road, but more likely guys that will be here more than a year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2023, 06:05:47 PM »
IMO, Shaka will lean to signing 2-3 year transfers vs. one year guys. I was disappointed that he did not add a guy this offseason but they’re a lot of unknowns for next year. Signing a 2-3 guy this year might not be a great fit next year. I think Shaka will definitely have incoming transfers down the road, but more likely guys that will be here more than a year.

Correct.  Not all transfers are created equal.  Plus, regardless of culture, some piece being counted on will transfer during the time Shaka is here.  It’s the nature of the sport. 

I do believe he wants to create teams based on growth and relationships.  Relationships can be forged in a number of ways and that’s why that avenue, transfers, will never be closed
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2023, 06:30:45 PM »
I think some folks here who are Shaka fans aren't giving him enough credit for being able to sell whatever he does to whomever needs selling.

If he does make any "exceptions" - and I firmly believe he would if he needed to - he would have absolutely no trouble convincing whoever he needs to convince that it's all perfect, and that the philosophy and culture are 100% still in place.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2023, 06:33:35 PM »
I think some folks here who are Shaka fans aren't giving him enough credit for being able to sell whatever he does to whomever needs selling.

If he does make any "exceptions" - and I firmly believe he would if he needed to - he would have absolutely no trouble convincing whoever he needs to convince that it's all perfect, and that the philosophy and culture are 100% still in place.

Exactly. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2023, 06:36:52 PM »
It’s what scoop does best.

1. Analysis
2. Create absolutes
3. Nuance occurs absolute is not true
4. Turn self into pretzel defending why 2. Wasn’t wrong

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2023, 06:41:58 PM »
I gave an example earlier of the type of scenario that would, IMO, engender taking a transfer.   This coming offseason, the scenario I can envision that would cause Shaka to take a transfer is if Gold either declared or went home to stay, in combination with Oso going to the NBA.   

I do not think that will happen.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2023, 06:42:18 PM »
I don’t believe Shaka WILL NOT or REFUSES to consider transfers. It’s just not his preference. Sometimes, you have little choice.

The comment was “I’d be shocked to see Shaka add a transfer… in the coming YEARS”

I would not. Lots of things can happen in future years
I didn’t say WILL NOT or REFUSES……Muggsy said he would not be surprised…..I said I would.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2023, 06:45:46 PM »
It’s what scoop does best.

1. Analysis
2. Create absolutes
3. Nuance occurs absolute is not true
4. Turn self into pretzel defending why 2. Wasn’t wrong

There are several experts here.  :)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2023, 06:46:03 PM »
Yes he is. That's what he wants to do. But stuff happens.

No maybe, IMHO. It would be different.

It would be very easy for Shaka to explain, too: "It is our philosophy to build from within and reward the guys who are already here. But we had an unexpected hole in our roster, so we decided to bring in these very fine, team-oriented veterans who will fit our culture perfectly. The returning guys will love playing with them, and it will be seamless. We aren't changing our philosophy or culture at all."
Of course. But your reference to Morsell and Kur as evidence of what Shaka has done….is not where Shaka is now or where MUBB is headed.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2023, 07:07:39 PM »
Of course. But your reference to Morsell and Kur as evidence of what Shaka has done….is not where Shaka is now or where MUBB is headed.

We had a roster hole that needed filling. It could happen again. Shaka filled the last one with experienced players such as Morsell and Kur. It is not crazy to think he'd do something similar if and when there's a next time. And Shaka would have absolutely no problem selling it.

That's my thesis, and I'm sticking to it until proven wrong.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2023, 07:12:50 PM »
I didn’t say WILL NOT or REFUSES……Muggsy said he would not be surprised…..I said I would.

I didn’t say you said WILL NOT or REFUSES. I said I don’t believe he does either.

You did not just say you’d be surprised. You said, “ I would be VERY surprised to see him add a transfer. That isnt the route he’s going and he’s discussed it ad nauseum”

So… “VERY surprised” and “That isn’t the route he’s going”… now changed to “surprised” is better… but still too much