[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Mock Drafts  (Read 10011 times)

MU82

• All American
2024 Mock Drafts
« on: November 13, 2023, 07:50:46 AM »
Given that Marquette has multiple NBA prospects and that this will be a much-discussed topic all season, I thought it could have its own thread.

The Athletic's Sam Vecenie is out with a new mock today, and he has Oso going 35th overall, three picks ahead of Zach Edey.

Vecenie has Kolek going with the last pick in the draft - #58 (two teams had to forfeit their second-round picks).

Other Big East players in Vecenie's mock:

5. Donovan Clingan ... 6. Stephon Castle ... 10. Garwey Dual ... 14. Trey Alexander ... 46. Bryce Hopkins ... 48. Alex Karaban ... 51. Baylor Scheierman ... 52. Ryan Kalkbrenner.

https://theathletic.com/5009208/2023/11/13/nba-mock-draft-2024-alexandre-sarr/?campaign=5888993&source=dailyemail
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2024 Mock Drafts
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 07:52:45 AM »
Given that Marquette has multiple NBA prospects and that this will be a much-discussed topic all season, I thought it could have its own thread.

The Athletic's Sam Vecenie is out with a new mock today, and he has Oso going 35th overall, three picks ahead of Zach Edey.

Vecenie has Kolek going with the last pick in the draft - #58 (two teams had to forfeit their second-round picks).

Other Big East players in Vecenie's mock:

5. Donovan Clingan ... 6. Stephon Castle ... 10. Garwey Dual ... 14. Trey Alexander ... 46. Bryce Hopkins ... 48. Alex Karaban ... 51. Baylor Scheierman ... 52. Ryan Kalkbrenner.

https://theathletic.com/5009208/2023/11/13/nba-mock-draft-2024-alexandre-sarr/?campaign=5888993&source=dailyemail

They gowne.  Next man up, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 07:58:30 AM »
Heard Sam has knocked Tyler to #98 after the injury
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 09:45:22 AM »
Take this with a grain of salt because I am wrong roughly 100% of the time at these things, but I think Kam Jones and Chase Ross are the only two players on our roster that have a chance to have any kind of career in the NBA.  Oso and Tyler have floor vision that cannot be taught, but lack the necessary physical attributes, IMO.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 10:01:46 AM »
Tyler being paid very well at MU, better then the G League, would not be surprised if he comes back

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 10:01:58 AM »
Take this with a grain of salt because I am wrong roughly 100% of the time at these things, but I think Kam Jones and Chase Ross are the only two players on our roster that have a chance to have any kind of career in the NBA.  Oso and Tyler have floor vision that cannot be taught, but lack the necessary physical attributes, IMO.

Oso can do everything but shoot. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 11:04:20 AM »

I have never followed him that closely.  Why is Zach Edey so low?
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 11:08:57 AM »

One dimensional, plays very traditional big man style that's been out of the nba for awhile now, not seen as having a huge athletic upside.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 11:11:10 AM »

Can't guard in space.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 11:13:53 AM »
Can't guard in space.

Not that great a defender on Earth, either.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 11:16:38 AM »
Not that great a defender on Earth, either.
Finally something actually funny posted on here.
Well done

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 11:20:14 AM »
Your drunk posts are usually good for a laugh.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2023, 11:25:24 AM »
Been a few good ones  :o

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2023, 01:40:32 PM »
Oso can do everything but shoot.
Shooting is a big thing to be missing.  He lacks strength, too.  I just don't see it for him at the next level.  Like I said, I'm usually wrong about things like this.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2023, 02:17:38 PM »
I am not an NBA watcher, but I have heard a couple of draft "experts" say that this year's draft is fairly thin compared to the last couple of years - perhaps creating opportunity for players that would not have been drafted last year, for instance.

While Oso is a wonderful college player, I too have a hard time envisioning him in the NBA, though a career in Europe is certainly a possibility for him. Same for Tyler, though I think he actually has a little better shot at making an NBA roster. I do agree that Chase Ross and Kam Jones seem to be logical NBA candidates.

I think I have read somewhere that Oso has already indicated that he will not be back next year, and it is hard to imagine Tyler returning. So, depending on how things play out this year, MU could be looking at losing four of its top six players. But, that's part of what makes college ball so enjoyable - the landscape is always changing.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2023, 02:24:41 PM »
Oso has some crazy passing ability for his size. If a shooting coach believes they can build him into a competent shooter they'll take a flyer on him in the second round imo. I don't see a situation where he's a first rounder given his height and what we've seen his skill set to be. Good college center but in the NBA he's a PF and that requires the ability to shoot the 3
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2023, 02:35:39 PM »
Oso has some crazy passing ability for his size. If a shooting coach believes they can build him into a competent shooter they'll take a flyer on him in the second round imo. I don't see a situation where he's a first rounder given his height and what we've seen his skill set to be. Good college center but in the NBA he's a PF and that requires the ability to shoot the 3

Huge fan of Oso, but was very surprised to see he did not make significant changes to his shooting form over the offseason. Even his free throws have a very low release point. Seems he is far too good of an athlete to have an awkward and inconsistent release. Old habits die hard I guess. Still, love his game overall and think he will have a great season.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2023, 02:37:12 PM »
Huge fan of Oso, but was very surprised to see he did not make significant changes to his shooting form over the offseason. Even his free throws have a very low release point. Seems he is far too good of an athlete to have an awkward and inconsistent release. Old habits die hard I guess. Still, love his game overall and think he will have a great season.

Yeah I dont really care about him taking 3s much if at all. But so far through 2 games his free throws look not improved. That I was hoping he would work at.

Especially considering he lacks a consistent ability to finish through contact so most of the times his trips to the line are shooting 2 and not a plus 1.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2023, 02:51:02 PM »
I am not an NBA watcher, but I have heard a couple of draft "experts" say that this year's draft is fairly thin compared to the last couple of years - perhaps creating opportunity for players that would not have been drafted last year, for instance.

While Oso is a wonderful college player, I too have a hard time envisioning him in the NBA, though a career in Europe is certainly a possibility for him. Same for Tyler, though I think he actually has a little better shot at making an NBA roster. I do agree that Chase Ross and Kam Jones seem to be logical NBA candidates.

I think I have read somewhere that Oso has already indicated that he will not be back next year, and it is hard to imagine Tyler returning. So, depending on how things play out this year, MU could be looking at losing four of its top six players. But, that's part of what makes college ball so enjoyable - the landscape is always changing.

High chance of NBA, guaranteed European talent.  At the highest level.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2023, 09:22:10 AM »
Latest ESPN Mock:

18. Oso
33. Kolek

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2023, 10:23:02 AM »
Latest ESPN Mock:

18. Oso
33. Kolek

Oso needs to come back and work on his game
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2023, 10:27:47 AM »
Oso needs to come back and work on his game

Haven’t seen the treys yet.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2023, 10:38:27 AM »
I know not a lot of people have tracked him since he left the program, but Jose Perez has tremendous NBA talent and potential. His ball handling abilities, court vision, multi dimensional defending (on and off the court), and a knack for finding a bucket will earn him a lot of money in the league. NBA scouts have been watching him, but imo not close enough. With Zach LaVine currently sitting at 2 points on the year for the bulls, they would be stupid to pass up Jose. Culturally and team wise you can not find a better player. He is a blood in/blood out type of guy in the locker room. Just my two cents. Ring out!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2023, 10:41:49 AM »
I know not a lot of people have tracked him since he left the program, but Jose Perez has tremendous NBA talent and potential. His ball handling abilities, court vision, multi dimensional defending (on and off the court), and a knack for finding a bucket will earn him a lot of money in the league. NBA scouts have been watching him, but imo not close enough. With Zach LaVine currently sitting at 2 points on the year for the bulls, they would be stupid to pass up Jose. Culturally and team wise you can not find a better player. He is a blood in/blood out type of guy in the locker room. Just my two cents. Ring out!

Jose Perez is 25 years old and playing in his sixth year of college basketball at his fifth institution. He isn't going to have a significant NBA career. I doubt he even logs a minute.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2023, 10:53:05 AM »
Jose Perez is 25 years old and playing in his sixth year of college basketball at his fifth institution. He isn't going to have a significant NBA career. I doubt he even logs a minute.

That was one of those posts where for the sake of the board I instantly assumed he just avoided teal for a response like yours

The Lavine stuff to the end sold it.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback