'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 120421 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1150 on: March 28, 2024, 08:48:46 PM »
His colleagues think so.

https://www.slamonline.com/archives/john-calipari-scott-drew-voted-biggest-cheaters-in-ncaa/

nice dig there sally-2012?  nothing to do with him winning a natty err anything.  how long before we hear chit about shaka AND who are these "a lot of people" ??

On Scott Drew: “I don’t even have to blink when I say the answer. He’s despised by a lot of people because he comes off holier than God. Meanwhile, everyone knows he’s had to cheat big-time to get the program to where it’s at. If it wasn’t for the God stuff he wouldn’t rub people the wrong way as much.”

ad hominem enough for ya?

everyone knows...holier than God...give me a break.  for those who do not know him but see and hear things from the outside looking in...yeah that damn "God stuff"  nasty

don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1151 on: March 28, 2024, 08:50:24 PM »
It’s still widely believed

WIDELY

MOST PEOPLE

EXPERTS

EVERYONE

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1152 on: March 28, 2024, 08:53:18 PM »
nice dig there sally-2012?  nothing to do with him winning a natty err anything.  how long before we hear chit about shaka AND who are these "a lot of people" ??

On Scott Drew: “I don’t even have to blink when I say the answer. He’s despised by a lot of people because he comes off holier than God. Meanwhile, everyone knows he’s had to cheat big-time to get the program to where it’s at. If it wasn’t for the God stuff he wouldn’t rub people the wrong way as much.”

ad hominem enough for ya?

everyone knows...holier than God...give me a break.  for those who do not know him but see and hear things from the outside looking in...yeah that damn "God stuff"  nasty

Dude I just posted the link. I don’t really care if he hands bags of cash to prospects but there’s been a lot of smoke there.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: March 28, 2024, 08:54:20 PM »
His colleagues think so.

https://www.slamonline.com/archives/john-calipari-scott-drew-voted-biggest-cheaters-in-ncaa/

I do wonder how much of that was a combination of Baylor's skeezy reputation when he took over and the fact that he turned a program that had 1 NCAA appearance in more than 50 years when he arrived into one with a pair of E8s within 8 years of arriving at Waco...as opposed to actual egregious cheating/money changing hands.

Take sure to be wrong, best hire in the cycle, so far

Its not flashy, but I think its an absolute home run for OK State getting Lutz.  Dude has an awesome track record as an assistant and HC and plays entertaining basketball.  Would not be at all surprised to see Darrin Horn end up back at WKU for round 2.

I think the only comparably great hire is Drake somehow ending up with Ben McCollum after Mo State absolutely fumbled and bumbled that one away

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1154 on: March 28, 2024, 08:55:36 PM »
  WIDELY

MOST PEOPLE

EXPERTS

EVERYONE

It’s okay.  Cheating is legal now. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1155 on: March 28, 2024, 08:57:08 PM »
I do wonder how much of that was a combination of Baylor's skeezy reputation when he took over and the fact that he turned a program that had 1 NCAA appearance in more than 50 years when he arrived into one with a pair of E8s within 8 years of arriving at Waco...as opposed to actual egregious cheating/money changing hands.

Its not flashy, but I think its an absolute home run for OK State getting Lutz.  Dude has an awesome track record as an assistant and HC and plays entertaining basketball.  Would not be at all surprised to see Darrin Horn end up back at WKU for round 2.

I think the only comparably great hire is Drake somehow ending up with Ben McCollum after Mo State absolutely fumbled and bumbled that one away

Didn’t see the Drake hire.  That’ll be fun to watch

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1156 on: March 28, 2024, 09:01:46 PM »

Dude I just posted the link. I don’t really care if he hands bags of cash to prospects but there’s been a lot of smoke there.

Didn’t realize Scott was a Bible thumper.  Now I know for a fact he was a cheater

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: March 28, 2024, 09:12:49 PM »
Didn’t realize Scott was a Bible thumper.  Now I know for a fact he was a cheater

Yeah big pray in public kinda guy. Rocket’s right, there’s a culture fit for some coaches and schools, and he’s a Perfect fit for Baylor.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1158 on: March 28, 2024, 09:17:55 PM »
Yeah big pray in public kinda guy. Rocket’s right, there’s a culture fit for some coaches and schools, and he’s a Perfect fit for Baylor.
the Dabo Swinney of college basketball, hey? …Dirty Preacher, bible in one hand, wad of cash in the other?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: March 28, 2024, 09:20:32 PM »
I’ll be honest I don’t follow minor league football, but from the sound of your description, yeah. Similar.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1160 on: March 28, 2024, 09:49:09 PM »
His colleagues think so.

It's not just his colleague. Baylor under his watch received major sanctions for repeated NCAA violations.

He was aware that one of his assistants threatened a recruit (Hanner Perea) with deportation (born in Columbia) if he didn't sign with Baylor, and kept the assistant on the job for an entire year, before it became more public.

And there was much more.

Drew is a cheat.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1161 on: March 28, 2024, 10:35:53 PM »

dude, if ya don't really care, then don't waste your time looking for and posting a weak link trying to paint someone in a bad light...don't give me that chit ya don't care bull squat.  next will be, I don't have time to dink around...

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: March 28, 2024, 10:40:49 PM »
  dude, if ya don't really care, then don't waste your time looking for and posting a weak link trying to paint someone in a bad light...don't give me that chit ya don't care bull squat.  next will be, I don't have time to dink around...

Just countering your point that there’s no evidence. There is. And instead of, you know, countering the argument, you lash out like a weirdo.

Should have expected it. Rational discourse requires too much intelligence for you to partake.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: March 28, 2024, 10:54:22 PM »
I feel bad for WKU.  It’s a storied program that hired a guy who got them back in the tournament in his first year and then he bolts for a bigger job.  He didn’t even win a tournament game, he lost by 18.

Brutal.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1164 on: March 29, 2024, 12:10:57 AM »

Just countering your point that there’s no evidence. There is. And instead of, you know, countering the argument, you lash out like a weirdo.

Should have expected it. Rational discourse requires too much intelligence for you to partake.

Scott Drew’s dad gave him his first coaching job. It’s a touchy subject to criticize him.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #1165 on: March 29, 2024, 03:50:16 AM »

Now there is an oxymoron; Satan of Semantics posting about rational discourse.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: March 29, 2024, 05:12:28 AM »
Friend of a friend of a friend with Scott Drew and the conventional wisdom is super dirty.

Also, he wanted the job here in 2008.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1167 on: March 29, 2024, 06:45:19 AM »

Agree with you, Dung.  What the board could use is some more rational discourse like you provide

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: March 29, 2024, 06:56:54 AM »
100%

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1169 on: March 29, 2024, 06:58:48 AM »
Gard is great for MU.
Shaka can’t beat Gard. Gard knows ball.

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2024, 07:02:21 AM »
100%

Coming from a guy who fails to understand math, I think this might be a compliment.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #1171 on: March 29, 2024, 09:08:06 AM »
Shaka can’t beat Gard. Gard knows ball.
You and Willie

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: March 29, 2024, 09:16:40 AM »
Who defends Scott Drew?  You were so sure he was headed to Louisville, even after news outlets said he turned then down, and no one is sticking your nose in it...yet you get pissed when people state the obvious...that he is an unethical jerk.  You live in whatever world you want to...

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:10 AM »
Coming from a guy who fails to understand math, I think this might be a compliment.
100%

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1174 on: March 29, 2024, 04:31:36 PM »
Who defends Scott Drew?  You were so sure he was headed to Louisville, even after news outlets said he turned then down, and no one is sticking your nose in it...yet you get pissed when people state the obvious...that he is an unethical jerk.  You live in whatever world you want to...

ok, Mr angry, I was NEVER SO SURE he was going to Louisville, I know he was being offered a couple weeks ago before many others were even considered.  Scott gave the job heavy consideration before turning it down.

and yes, I will defend Scott drew as all you guys have is baseless bull chit, innuendo and lacking any substantiveness 

looks like there's more room on that short bus band wagon than I thought-you get a window seat?

feedback