collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2 Beers a Week?????  (Read 3247 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: 2 Beers a Week?????
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2023, 08:55:20 AM »
Now, two meals of manatee per week is a lot.

Especially if prepared in a brine with Fukushima Water.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2023, 08:57:09 AM »

Manatees are a unique and special species.  And very cool.  I'm a bit disappointed in you. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »

I hate to waste food, so leftovers from the first meal.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2023, 10:48:38 AM »
I hate to waste food, so leftovers from the first meal.

Manatee reheats well in the air fryer.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2023, 10:56:03 AM »
Or cut it into chunks, boil an egg, mash up an avocado, and have a Cobb salad.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2023, 11:57:41 AM »
But Muggsy read about it in the WSJ

Oh, so it must be true. 

WSJ only good for financial articles and weekend section nowadays. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2023, 02:18:44 PM »
Only two beers a week might put a dent in the obesity crisis as well.

Wait, light beer still contributes to increased weight?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2023, 01:43:12 PM »
My doctor told me that 1-2 beers (or drinks) per day is good for me.  He said it makes you happy, relaxes you, and has a positive effect on the heart and cholesterol levels.   I am not making this up.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2023, 05:37:58 PM »

right up there with 1 square per "episode" eyn'a?

trees thru the forest people-next thing ya know,  they'll be after our gas stoves, dishwashers(over 3.2 gal per cycle), gas cars, air conditioners, natural gas lines to homes, water heaters...whodathunk??    nahhhhhh they can't do this

all of this regulatory b.s. is going to cause many to start drinking...

don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2023, 05:43:34 PM »
This isn’t an example of regulation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2023, 06:42:49 PM »
This isn’t an example of regulation.

no worries...everything is just fine

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2023, 07:35:16 PM »

right up there with 1 square per "episode" eyn'a?

trees thru the forest people-next thing ya know,  they'll be after our gas stoves, dishwashers(over 3.2 gal per cycle), gas cars, air conditioners, natural gas lines to homes, water heaters...whodathunk??    nahhhhhh they can't do this

all of this regulatory b.s. is going to cause many to start drinking...

How could you forget lawnmowers?
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2023, 09:18:57 PM »

And leaf blowers.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2023, 09:45:15 PM »
roqqet was also upset when we did away with leaded paint, asbestos, and smoking on airplanes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2023, 10:00:56 PM »
roqqet was also upset when we did away with leaded paint, asbestos, and smoking on airplanes.

no i wasn't...so you are trying to tell me the things you listed-lead paint asbestos, etc are similar to natural gas stoves, etc?  really?  so your disdain for me is so strong that you can't just shut up and move on from anything you see as uneventful?  so you make up some stupid chit just to say something stupid?  or was it supposed to be funny?  i don't even see the correlations?  god you guys are friggin obtuse

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2023, 10:38:47 PM »

Personally, I'm still too pissed about banning Lawn Darts, Slap Bracelets, 3-wheelers, not to mention, root beer made with actual sassafras, to worry about anything else.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2023, 04:51:53 AM »
I miss standing up in the back of station wagons.   Obviously, I was younger.  And it is how I got the scar between my eyebrows.  And required dental work.  But man, those were the days.   Stupid seatbelts and car seats.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 05:01:56 AM by tower912 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2023, 05:05:35 AM »
  no i wasn't...so you are trying to tell me the things you listed-lead paint asbestos, etc are similar to natural gas stoves, etc?  really?  so your disdain for me is so strong that you can't just shut up and move on from anything you see as uneventful?  so you make up some stupid chit just to say something stupid?  or was it supposed to be funny?  i don't even see the correlations?  god you guys are friggin obtuse

Do you know why it's suggested to get rid of gas stoves?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2023, 05:46:11 AM »
Do you know why it's suggested to get rid of gas stoves?

i have my thoughts, but it seems to be another "ham handed" way to regulate something that ain't there.  another way to control what few feel ("moral minority")is a problem.  short of nuclear, natural gas is one of the cleanest burning fossil fuels we have.  so what would take the place of gas stoves? electric?  ya'll know where electric comes from? a majority of it? what the hell do they want everyone to use?  easy bake ovens?

if we had better alternatives ready to go, then fine.  as the same can be said for EV's; until we are ready with something that people can afford and is better, these regs only serve to establish a hierarchy and push people in to unreasonable alternatives for day to day living

so the larger question becomes, WHO is really benefiting from these so called "environmentally friendly" alternatives.  usually the people at the top of the chain and those who invest in these things

one other concern-many people have been unnecessarily programmed, indoctrinated in to believing all this global warming-climate change crap and that we as humans are causing it...a movement toward all these "energy efficient" things are a scare tactic...change or we are all doomed.  oh, it's for climate change, then it must be all good??  the means justify the ends?  gee, where have we heard that?  there are veys, and there are other veys.......... not so fast dudes, china is laughing all the way to the bank while they put up more coal fired electric plants.  btw, how are all those union jobs lost by lunch box joe shutting down our pipelines doing? 

tell them to cut er down to 2 beers a week?  they count their beers by the keg and for good reason, if they can afford it

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2023, 05:52:18 AM »
  i have my thoughts, but it seems to be another "ham handed" way to regulate something that ain't there.  another way to control what few feel ("moral minority")is a problem.  short of nuclear, natural gas is one of the cleanest burning fossil fuels we have.  so what would take the place of gas stoves? electric?  ya'll know where electric comes from? a majority of it? what the hell do they want everyone to use?  easy bake ovens?

if we had better alternatives ready to go, then fine.  as the same can be said for EV's; until we are ready with something that people can afford and is better, these regs only serve to establish a hierarchy and push people in to unreasonable alternatives for day to day living

so the larger question becomes, WHO is really benefiting from these so called "environmentally friendly" alternatives.  usually the people at the top of the chain and those who invest in these things

one other concern-many people have been unnecessarily programmed, indoctrinated in to believing all this global warming-climate change crap and that we as humans are causing it...a movement toward all these "energy efficient" things are a scare tactic...change or we are all doomed.  oh, it's for climate change, then it must be all good??  the means justify the ends?  gee, where have we heard that?  there are veys, and there are other veys.......... not so fast dudes, china is laughing all the way to the bank while they put up more coal fired electric plants.  btw, how are all those union jobs lost by lunch box joe shutting down our pipelines doing? 

tell them to cut er down to 2 beers a week?  they count their beers by the keg and for good reason, if they can afford it

It would have been easier to just answer “no.”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2023, 07:09:19 AM »
I just can't even...

Willful ignorance, climate denialism, conspiracy theories, whataboutism, and allusions to Nazi Germany all in one post. Good lord.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2023, 07:29:01 AM »
I just can't even...

Willful ignorance, climate denialism, conspiracy theories, whataboutism, and allusions to Nazi Germany all in one post. Good lord.

In the ears...out the mouth...doesn't even stop at the brain. (Not that it matters much in this case.)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2023, 09:25:07 AM »

The suggestion of replacing gas stoves has nothing to do with any of the above.

Do you know why we stopped putting lead in gas or using asbestos?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2023, 09:40:01 AM »

i know you guys are just so much smarter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2023, 09:41:07 AM »
The suggestion of replacing gas stoves has nothing to do with any of the above.

Do you know why we stopped putting lead in gas or using asbestos?

see below