'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MAUI INVITATIONAL TICKETS  (Read 33994 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: MAUI INVITATIONAL TICKETS
« Reply #275 on: September 17, 2023, 10:49:49 AM »
Not to use StubHub?

Or just not to buy scalped tickets.

You gambled, you lost. What do you want stubhub to do?

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2023, 11:23:26 AM »
Anybody have any advice on what to do in this scenario?

I bought 9 tickets for my family and friends at almost $500/ticket on StubHub for the original event at the Lahaina Civic Center.

The venue changed to a much bigger arena on a different island.  The value of these tickets has most likely plummeted due to lesser demand, so reselling is not a good option.  Anybody have any advice?  I have contacted StubHub but they just say resell..

Thanks

I'd say go and enjoy the event. 

You bought the tickets for your family and friends. Why are you worried about resale prices?   

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2023, 11:31:38 AM »
Anybody have any advice on what to do in this scenario?

I bought 9 tickets for my family and friends at almost $500/ticket on StubHub for the original event at the Lahaina Civic Center.

The venue changed to a much bigger arena on a different island.  The value of these tickets has most likely plummeted due to lesser demand, so reselling is not a good option.  Anybody have any advice?  I have contacted StubHub but they just say resell..

Thanks

According to the organizers website:

All previously purchased tickets will be honored and located in similar seats in the Stan Sheriff Center.

https://mauiinvitational.com/news/2023/9/15/general-2023-maui-invitational-relocates-to-honolulu.aspx

So hopefully you and your family enjoy the tickets.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #278 on: September 17, 2023, 05:44:04 PM »

I bought the tickets before Lahaina burned down.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #279 on: September 17, 2023, 09:19:29 PM »

Bit harsh. StubHub is very good about making things right for a canceled event, usually offering 120% of cost as a store credit or 100% refund. The Maui is a bit of a grey area, so I can see why Bling is asking questions.

Obviously when you pay that kind of money you have some expectations, I wonder if SH would offer some sort of store credit, worth asking. I might have missed it, but I’m sure Bling still plans to go, and I’m sure if they do, it’s going to be awesome!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2023, 11:50:08 PM »
I bought the tickets before Lahaina burned down.

And chances are your Maui property is not holding you to the reservation so re book on a Oahu and enjoy the trip. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2023, 08:04:54 AM »
Bit harsh. StubHub is very good about making things right for a canceled event, usually offering 120% of cost as a store credit or 100% refund. The Maui is a bit of a grey area, so I can see why Bling is asking questions.

Obviously when you pay that kind of money you have some expectations, I wonder if SH would offer some sort of store credit, worth asking. I might have missed it, but I’m sure Bling still plans to go, and I’m sure if they do, it’s going to be awesome!

Thank you for the kind and helpful response. So I’ve decided to still attend the Tournament on Honolulu and use my tickets. I reached out to StubHub and they said their fan guarantee doesn’t cover venue changes, even though it’s an entirely different city.  I guess I’ll have to accept having likely paid exorbitantly for these tickets.  They said I could resell them and buy new tickets when they go on sale through the Tournament, but I’m very unlikely to get my money back.

Also, I asked how my “General Admission, East bleachers” tickets will be assigned in the new arena that has individual seats. StubHub had no idea. I’ve reached out to Maui to see what they say.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2023, 08:42:14 AM »
Thank you for the kind and helpful response. So I’ve decided to still attend the Tournament on Honolulu and use my tickets. I reached out to StubHub and they said their fan guarantee doesn’t cover venue changes, even though it’s an entirely different city.  I guess I’ll have to accept having likely paid exorbitantly for these tickets.  They said I could resell them and buy new tickets when they go on sale through the Tournament, but I’m very unlikely to get my money back.

Also, I asked how my “General Admission, East bleachers” tickets will be assigned in the new arena that has individual seats. StubHub had no idea. I’ve reached out to Maui to see what they say.

You’re welcome, it is a unique situation. I’m a bit surprised they won’t offer any sort of compensation or something as it is certainly a venue change but clearly a different city on a different island. I wouldn’t give up. Perhaps they are still working it out on their end, as I’m sure it is unique for them, too.

Have a great time!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2023, 09:21:53 AM »
You’re welcome, it is a unique situation. I’m a bit surprised they won’t offer any sort of compensation or something as it is certainly a venue change but clearly a different city on a different island. I wouldn’t give up. Perhaps they are still working it out on their end, as I’m sure it is unique for them, too.

Have a great time!

Well, he probably bought it from some dude, just through Stub Hub. So the seller got paid. Why would Stub Hub use their $$ to make the buyer feel better?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2023, 10:29:29 AM »
I don't think the seller gets their money until after the event.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2023, 10:29:45 AM »

There is always hope a Rube from Kansas who might pay surge pricing as they advance if they convert these seats to bench seats.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 12:26:42 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2023, 11:20:58 AM »
Well, he probably bought it from some dude, just through Stub Hub. So the seller got paid. Why would Stub Hub use their $$ to make the buyer feel better?

Not sure how the refund process works on the seller side, but I would think if an event is canceled, the seller has to return the funds. Stub Hub uses their own money to entice the buyer to take a store credit situation by offering 20% more than the purchase price, so there is precedent. If Bling couldn’t go because of the new city, island, and venue, I would think he should have some recourse. The change of venue reason seems a bit of a stretch in this scenario. This sure seems to be a gray area, but perhaps it is clearly laid out in the terms, maybe it falls under force majeure.

If I was planning on buying and reselling, I personally wouldn’t feel entitled to any sort of compensation, that’s gambling. If I legit couldn’t attend because the event is moved to an entirely different city on an entirely different island where I had to incur additional costs for flights, hotel rooms, transport, yeah, I might push back a little.

I’m envious they are going, what an event it will be!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2023, 11:26:33 AM »
Wads is right. Sellers get paid after the event occurs, but I don’t think Stub Hub can just say, “well, we’re going to refund a portion of what the buyer agreed to pay bc it feels right”..

But then again, there’s probably an argument that as the buyer I’m not getting what I paid for and I want a refund. The games are now on a diff island and an arena near 5x the size of what the buyer paid for

i now say Bling should be refunded 100% and the seller can try to resell
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2023, 11:43:50 AM »
I would define similar seats as any seat with the same proximity to the basketball court. It appear to me that any ticket purchased for the Lahaina CC should at the very least be no further back than 7 rows at the Stan Sheriff and no ticket should be placed behind either basket. In fact just by eyeballing the photos the entire Lahaina CC could easily fit on one side of the court at the Stan Sheriff. Everyone who bought a ticket for Lahaina should be guaranteed a good seat.

Hallmarq

• Walk-On
« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2023, 01:27:12 PM »
I would define similar seats as any seat with the same proximity to the basketball court. It appear to me that any ticket purchased for the Lahaina CC should at the very least be no further back than 7 rows at the Stan Sheriff and no ticket should be placed behind either basket. In fact just by eyeballing the photos the entire Lahaina CC could easily fit on one side of the court at the Stan Sheriff. Everyone who bought a ticket for Lahaina should be guaranteed a good seat.

I disagree with this entirely. As someone who has been there in 2007, 2012, 2017 and was planning on this year, there are no seats in a 10k arena that are anything like the atmosphere at LCC. Proximity, sure, but not the same value for a ticket.

cnse70

• Walk-On
« Reply #290 on: September 19, 2023, 04:25:48 PM »
New location, new venue, presumably more ticket availability.....anyone have a clue what the "additional tickets" might be going for?  I know the tournament announced to check back in early October, but it sure would be nice to start making plans now knowing the full picture. 

PickNRoll

• Walk-On
« Reply #291 on: September 19, 2023, 05:07:19 PM »
I talked with the MU ticket office yesterday. They didn't know anything. They said they were waiting to hear from the tournament. I've also left a voice mail with the ticket broker I used (Epic Seats - I bought 3 tickets before the fires). I haven't heard anything back.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2023, 05:52:19 AM »
I disagree with this entirely. As someone who has been there in 2007, 2012, 2017 and was planning on this year, there are no seats in a 10k arena that are anything like the atmosphere at LCC. Proximity, sure, but not the same value for a ticket.

I guess we should play all our games at the AL instead of FF.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2023, 07:03:43 AM »
I guess we should play all our games at the AL instead of FF.

🙄🙄🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2023, 07:11:20 AM »

This is why I always tell our kids that our women’s seats are worth more than our men’s seats.

4th row center court at the Al vs 20th row in the corners at the Budweiser Pavilion?  Not even close.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart