'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo to coach Jazz G-league team  (Read 12413 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Wojo to coach Jazz G-league team
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2023, 11:30:18 AM »
Is it your contention that he is taking a job in the G league for the money?

I know that this is not directed to me, but it's obvious that he's not taking the G league job for money. He's taking it to get back into coaching. That said, I'm sure he's hoping that his next job will be more lucrative.

I'm reconsidering my prior post saying I thought he wanted an NBA gig. I could see someone like Wojo not wanting to be a college assistant and thinking that a G League job allows him to work for a year or two and then return to the college game as a HC. So, I'm not sure I think he'll be on an NBA bench by the 2025 season. But, I suspect he won't be on a G league bench by then. He'll be coaching somewhere else and likely making a lot more money than a G league coach.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2023, 02:11:13 PM »
Didn’t I read somewhere he bought a brand new truck after getting fired, a house (mansion) in the mountains in Utah, country club membership, etc, etc, etc?

Marquette’s checks are stopping soon.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2023, 02:25:43 PM »
Didn’t I read somewhere he bought a brand new truck after getting fired, a house (mansion) in the mountains in Utah, country club membership, etc, etc, etc?

Marquette’s checks are stopping soon.

He probably made $20+ million from Marquette. If he needs money then he’s even worse at money management than he is at coaching and we all know how that went
Bring back FFP!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2023, 02:27:53 PM »
According to Pro Ball Hub, both head coaches and assistant coaches in the G League are paid 75,000. That doesn’t pay for the ski lessons in Park City.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2023, 03:12:11 PM »
Yeah I doubt this has anything to do with money. He could have made several hundred thousand dollars as a college assistant somewhere or a mid major head coach.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2023, 03:17:14 PM »
$75K is much lower than I expected for a G-League coach.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2023, 08:29:24 PM »
According to Pro Ball Hub, both head coaches and assistant coaches in the G League are paid 75,000.

Ooops

Dat source not a source
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2023, 08:54:21 PM »
Yeah I doubt this has anything to do with money. He could have made several hundred thousand dollars as a college assistant somewhere or a mid major head coach.

But then wouldn't he lose $3mil if he coached in college this year (the amount MU owes for this final year of his contract)? Meaning he makes way more in aggregate to coach GLeague this year than anywhere in college paying him less than $3mil?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2023, 02:24:16 PM »
But then wouldn't he lose $3mil if he coached in college this year (the amount MU owes for this final year of his contract)? Meaning he makes way more in aggregate to coach GLeague this year than anywhere in college paying him less than $3mil?

Would love to see the contract

Only sone have offset rights, and generally payouts in those circumstances aren’t in one or two large lumps like Wojo. He got two payments of $4.6m each to cover the buyout (due payment for 3 years that were remaining)… but there could be* some offset rights in play and that’s part of his decision
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2023, 03:45:36 PM »
Only sone have offset rights, and generally payouts in those circumstances aren’t in one or two large lumps like Wojo. He got two payments of $4.6m each to cover the buyout (due payment for 3 years that were remaining)… but there could be* some offset rights in play and that’s part of his decision

I'll point out Wojo also agreed to deferred compensation during COVID before his separation so that was earned and owed to him.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2023, 05:50:45 AM »
Joey Hauser signs a 2 way deal with the Jazz. Wojo his coach once again. Awkward!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2023, 06:03:13 AM »
Joey Hauser signs a 2 way deal with the Jazz. Wojo his coach once again. Awkward!

Amazing. Perhaps he can write Wojo a letter to smooth things over.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2023, 06:36:58 AM »

Hilarious that this actually happened. I will for sure try and catch a few games.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2023, 07:27:00 AM »
Both parties will handle this with the upmost professionalism and maturity and strive for a mutually beneficial outcome.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2023, 07:28:12 AM »
Both parties will handle this with the upmost professionalism and maturity and strive for a mutually beneficial outcome.

Like Scoop!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2023, 07:32:44 AM »
Of course.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2023, 07:43:12 AM »
Now we know Sam was the real problem. Wojo loves Joey and made sure the Jazz signed him.

Edit: My guess is the Jazz hired Wojo to make sure they signed Joey. The old video coordinator ruse.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:45:12 AM by 21Jumpstreet »

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2023, 08:29:10 AM »
Everyone point and laugh at Joey!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2023, 08:35:15 AM »
I watched Henry struggle on defense and on the boards against G League forwards.  He was bigger, faster, and had a more complete offensive game than Joey, other than 3 pt shooting.    Joey is going to have to play faster on both ends to have a chance.   Also, the guards in the G League are trying to get theirs, not make their teammates better.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2023, 09:39:13 AM »
The Joey thing is kinda funny but I doubt either of them really care. They both have a job to do and will do it just fine. Coaches and players don't need to be best friends. I'm sure its all water under the bridge now. Joey's job is to get to the NBA and Wojo's job is to develop him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2023, 09:44:41 AM »
Hopefully the Jazz G League team signs Markus and the C's trade for Herro.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2023, 10:01:21 AM »
Mrs Hauser having lunch today with Adam Silver.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2023, 10:01:31 AM »
The Joey thing is kinda funny but I doubt either of them really care. They both have a job to do and will do it just fine. Coaches and players don't need to be best friends. I'm sure its all water under the bridge now. Joey's job is to get to the NBA and Wojo's job is to develop him.

Absolutely.

The Jazz didn't sign Joey to a contract to help Wojo settle some old score with the Hauser family. This G-League job is redemption for Wojo and he desperately wants to show the basketball world that he can develop young guys into pros. And Joey Hauser desperately wants to be a pro.

No worries. These guys will both be pulling in the same direction.

NOTE TO MA AND PA HAUSER:

Writing letters is chicken-chit college stuff. If you become dissatisfied with your boy's playing time, or if you think the coach likes the other kids better, leave the pen and paper in the drawer.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2023, 10:05:20 AM »
You posters bringing "reality" into the situation is a bit of a buzzkill on a beautiful Friday morning...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2023, 10:08:22 AM »
Absolutely.

The Jazz didn't sign Joey to a contract to help Wojo settle some old score with the Hauser family. This G-League job is redemption for Wojo and he desperately wants to show the basketball world that he can develop young guys into pros. And Joey Hauser desperately wants to be a pro.

No worries. These guys will both be pulling in the same direction.

NOTE TO MA AND PA HAUSER:

Writing letters is chicken-chit college stuff. If you become dissatisfied with your boy's playing time, or if you think the coach likes the other kids better, leave the pen and paper in the drawer.

Letter writing shows leadership
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

feedback