[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread  (Read 21804 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 07:44:57 PM »
Why bother?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 08:14:14 PM »
Who?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 10:19:44 AM »
Let’s just let Herman have a conversation with himself.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 09:02:47 PM »
Maybe we can combine this thread and the Hauser brothers thread into a “Who Cares?” thread.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2023, 09:02:09 AM »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 12:46:41 PM by Herman Cain »
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2023, 12:29:05 PM »
Probably scopin' out da next prey, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2023, 01:04:14 PM »
Probably scopin' out da next prey, hey?

Matty Healy?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2023, 02:29:41 PM »
Nice alleged ultimatum reported by The Athletic...trade me or fire Gutey, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2023, 02:32:01 PM »
I think we need a separate thread for every former Packer.

Actually, two threads - one for the fanboys and one for the critics.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2023, 02:42:36 PM »
I have no idea if Love is any good...kinda thinking not...

But it's pretty hard for an organization to not cover their bases when their starting QB thrives on drama every off-season. I knew the Packers were going to move on when this season started to fall apart.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2023, 03:10:40 PM »

But it's pretty hard for an organization to not cover their bases when their starting QB thrives on drama every off-season. I knew the Packers were going to move on when this season started to fall apart.

My guess is 50/50. In other words, who knows.

But you are right that it was absolutely time to move on especially after what we learned in the last couple days. Despite not caring for the person - though I didn’t dislike him as much as I disliked the drug addled welfare criminal - I supported him on the field. But I am glad he’s gone whether we face a re-build or re-load.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2023, 06:34:34 PM »

so aaron "thrives on drama every off season"?  what if the media just ignored him?  my guess is there would be very little if any drama.  so who does the "thriving'?
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 07:39:21 PM »
  so aaron "thrives on drama every off season"?  what if the media just ignored him?  my guess is there would be very little if any drama.  so who does the "thriving'?

Why would the media ignore him? It’s not only news, it’s instant clicks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2023, 05:11:06 AM »
Lots of commentary from Rodgers

https://theathletic.com/4564360/2023/05/31/aaron-rodgers-packers-succession-trade/?amp=1

Trade Me or Fire Gutey

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/31/yes-aaron-rodgers-wanted-the-packers-to-fire-g-m-brian-gutekunst-in-2021/amp/

rodgers is a smart guy.  he knows the pack is not going to win with a guy referred to as "gutey".  as a boss man myself for over 35 years,  i had some employees who were with our company longer than myself.  they, no doubt had something to offer and many times i listened. 
   rodgers had no control (or he didn't seem to) over who "gutey" and those previous to him chose, picked, traded, drafted to help the team win.  i believe that to be a huge mistake.  we had 2 hall of fame QB's and 2 SB wins to show for it?  most of the blame lies in the front office

conclusion-shoulda listened to brett and aaron a long time ago, but the packers organization is showing itself to be just as flawed, if not more so than all of the single owner teams out there.  instead of one super ego getting in the way, they have numerous. or too many chefs in the kitchen.  i would have added mark murphy to the firing squad, but aaron knew his limitations.  he's lucky the "peasants" of the town of green bay haven't stormed his office with pitch forks and torches. 

so much for that romantic relationship of green bay and it's football team's organization.  i don't think it's all it's cracked up to be.  how the hell murphy has lasted as long as he has smells of old road kill.  now that would be a story that would get some "clicks"
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2023, 07:46:40 AM »
  rodgers is a smart guy.  he knows the pack is not going to win with a guy referred to as "gutey".  as a boss man myself for over 35 years,  i had some employees who were with our company longer than myself.  they, no doubt had something to offer and many times i listened. 
   rodgers had no control (or he didn't seem to) over who "gutey" and those previous to him chose, picked, traded, drafted to help the team win.  i believe that to be a huge mistake.  we had 2 hall of fame QB's and 2 SB wins to show for it?  most of the blame lies in the front office

You mean the guy who put together a roster that got them to a #2 seed, #1 seed, and a #1 seed only to have their quarterback underperform in the playoffs?

Clearly the organization has some blame here - holding onto Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy too long are at the top of the list for me. But refusing to fire their GM because he drafted a quarterback causing a first ballot HOFer to get his feelings hurt? Gimme a break.

so much for that romantic relationship of green bay and it's football team's organization.  i don't think it's all it's cracked up to be.  how the hell murphy has lasted as long as he has smells of old road kill.  now that would be a story that would get some "clicks"

The "romantic relationship" is about 95% hype.  Sure it's a wonderful story with a rich history, but these days every NFL team swims in money and the Packers are a big business both on and off the field.  The reason that Murphy has lasted this long is because he runs the business side of the organization extremely well.

And the on-field product hasn't been terrible at all.  I'm not going to be one of those fans who says "only two Super Bowls?" I remember my childhood and look around the NFL today and realize it can be a hell of a lot worse.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 07:57:53 AM by The Sultan of Semantics »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2023, 07:51:12 AM »
Pack is in for some rough sleddin'. Not seein' it in #10, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2023, 08:55:40 AM »
Lots of commentary from Rodgers

https://theathletic.com/4564360/2023/05/31/aaron-rodgers-packers-succession-trade/?amp=1

Trade Me or Fire Gutey

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/31/yes-aaron-rodgers-wanted-the-packers-to-fire-g-m-brian-gutekunst-in-2021/amp/

The only appropriate response to that article in the Athletic is to view it as a pr piece expressing exactly what Rodgers wanted expressed. I'd take everything in it with a Himalayan salt mine sized grain of salt.

Is some of it true? Probably. Is it some aspect of the truth? No doubt. But he's like the people in a fantasy novel who cannot tell lies so learn to be really really evasive with the truth.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2023, 12:03:34 PM »
"Please trade me"

10/10 would trade Bak. Great dude, incredible talent, huge contract predicated on past performance, tragic impact from that knee injury. He's not the best OT in the league anymore. If someone wants to take his contract and comp with a reasonable pick I'd sell in a heartbeat.