Maximilian Langenfeld by wadesworld
[Today at 09:19:59 PM]

Academic All Americans by Pakuni
[Today at 09:06:28 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:57:45 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What percentage is the tipping point?  (Read 416 times)

JWags85

• All American
What percentage is the tipping point?
« on: May 25, 2023, 09:47:39 AM »
I truly don't want this to be political, but the last few years of everything from COVID to reasonable dispensations for minority/protected groups made me wonder, what percentage is the tipping point for wholesale change?  Not being respectful of an individual's situation or choice, but this policy/rule/wording/etc... is outright or wholesale changed due to the requests of a segment of the population.

I look at it from a business perspective.  We've always done our printing in NYC.  We've had myriad requests to set up printing in India or Europe or Asia, but we couldn't go through major efforts to appease singular customers, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.  But in 2018, our business in HK and China, including a customer that grew to our second largest in the span of 3 years, so we set up a printing operation in HK to service that (and other local customers) quicker and more efficiently.  But 5/10/even 15% of our customer population requesting something likely wouldn't be pivotal enough for complete overhaul or changes.

So for you, what is the percentage?  What population is necessary to truly need a change to occur?

Coleman

• All American
Re: What percentage is the tipping point?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 10:06:53 AM »
Malcolm Gladwell has an entire book on this topic, which I highly recommend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tipping_Point

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: What percentage is the tipping point?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 10:57:02 AM »
I truly don't want this to be political, but the last few years of everything from COVID to reasonable dispensations for minority/protected groups made me wonder, what percentage is the tipping point for wholesale change?  Not being respectful of an individual's situation or choice, but this policy/rule/wording/etc... is outright or wholesale changed due to the requests of a segment of the population.

I look at it from a business perspective.  We've always done our printing in NYC.  We've had myriad requests to set up printing in India or Europe or Asia, but we couldn't go through major efforts to appease singular customers, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.  But in 2018, our business in HK and China, including a customer that grew to our second largest in the span of 3 years, so we set up a printing operation in HK to service that (and other local customers) quicker and more efficiently.  But 5/10/even 15% of our customer population requesting something likely wouldn't be pivotal enough for complete overhaul or changes.

So for you, what is the percentage?  What population is necessary to truly need a change to occur?

20% for good service as a minimum  ;D