[Today at 06:52:04 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by JakeBarnes
[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Tina Turner  (Read 1585 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: RIP Tina Turner
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2023, 10:24:00 PM »
Quote where he defended him. Some of you guys have a real issue with the English language.

Well to be fair, Ziggy has always been a big advocate for Women's rights.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2023, 12:00:47 PM »
First chance I've had to reply on this thread.

Back in 2011 we visited Cleveland on a drive out to Milwaukee for my 20 year reunion.  We visited the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  Like most museums you exit into the gift shop which at the RAR HOF also doubles as a record shop.  My younger daughter who was eight at the time was determined to find a Tina Turner CD.  My kids liked her because Proud Mary appears in the film Flushed Away which they both were watching repeatedly at the time.  My kid wanted to buy and pay for the CD herself too.  We get to the counter and the guy behind the counter prompts a conversation with my daughter starting with:
"Tina Turner's greatest hits.  Are you getting this for your parents or grandparents?" 
"No, It's for me." 
"Are you sure you don't want a Hannah Montana CD or something instead?"
"Nope, just this one."
"Good pick.  I like it!  You have great taste in music."
"Thanks."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2023, 12:54:52 PM »
First chance I've had to reply on this thread.

Back in 2011 we visited Cleveland on a drive out to Milwaukee for my 20 year reunion.  We visited the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  Like most museums you exit into the gift shop which at the RAR HOF also doubles as a record shop.  My younger daughter who was eight at the time was determined to find a Tina Turner CD.  My kids liked her because Proud Mary appears in the film Flushed Away which they both were watching repeatedly at the time.  My kid wanted to buy and pay for the CD herself too.  We get to the counter and the guy behind the counter prompts a conversation with my daughter starting with:
"Tina Turner's greatest hits.  Are you getting this for your parents or grandparents?" 
"No, It's for me." 
"Are you sure you don't want a Hannah Montana CD or something instead?"
"Nope, just this one."
"Good pick.  I like it!  You have great taste in music."
"Thanks."

Cute story, but also bizarre that he's impressed with her taste in music, but needs to slight her twice (the second in an incredibly douchey fashion) to get to his compliment.

feedback