[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tucker  (Read 16673 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Tucker
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2023, 12:03:58 PM »
A Tucker-Don buddy cop movie. Who says no?
Horror?
Dumb and Dumber spoof?
Tango and Cash remake?
Rom-com with a meet-cute? I can see it working on Hallmark.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 12:06:57 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2023, 12:05:08 PM »
Yeah, but he was "stunned" at the news. Did his show this morning then given the pink slip. Probably felt he was untouchable, hey?

Just another guy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2023, 12:07:42 PM »
Times have changed.

Old people don't change (channels, viewing habits, etc.).
The median age of a Fox News viewer is 65.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2023, 12:16:47 PM »
My boy Greg is the KING OF LATE NIGHT.

I miss my days of writing for Red Eye, but love to see his enormous success
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2023, 12:18:01 PM »
JB

Red Eye was an all awesome program. It made me laugh every night.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2023, 12:27:48 PM »
He will make more movies.

He is the fall guy for Dominion.   Who will take the fall for the Smartmatic lawsuit?
IMO, its more about Rupert protecting against the next potential lawsuit. Remember, in the middle of the Dominion lawsuit Tuckems started pumping the stolen election lie again. He literally handed Dominion even more evidence, publicly, in the middle of the freakin' lawsuit! Just too much of a liability.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2023, 12:29:29 PM »
Tucker is gone from Fox. That should make for a lot of happy scoopers. As for me, I stopped watching him and network news a couple of years ago and have enjoyed not watching news non stop.

Good thing to do. Basically, I go with the NY Times and Wall Street Journal. Two of the very best at reporting news. Two opposite views when it comes to the Editorial Staff.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2023, 12:34:23 PM »
Doc,

Don Lemon getting canned does not seem to move the needle on scoop. How he lasted 17 years at CNN shows how messed up the media world is, imo.

Immediately after Doc's post, the first 4 commenters applauded the news that Lemon got the heave-ho. Where were you hoping the needle would move, Goose?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2023, 12:37:16 PM »
You may be right, but Bill O'Reilly hasn't exactly toted audiences around with him since Fox dumped him. Most of his viewers just kept watching Fox. I'm guessing it'll be the same here.

I think this is true, so long as Fox just keeps pumping out the lies that its audience demands. Remember that they went in hard for the Big Lie because they immediately lost viewers to Newsmax and OAN when they admitted that Biden won. It was their fear of losing audience by telling the truth that led them down this path.

So to a certain extent, it doesn't matter who replaces Tuckems, the audience now controls Fox. If Fox doesn't accede to whatever crazy sh!t the edges of the right-wing nutters come up with on a daily basis, the audience riots. Tuck was #1 because he absolutely had no moral qualms about amplifying the most outrageous, racist crap that the audience demanded, but as long as *someone* continues to deliver the delicious lies that the viewers want, Fox will be fine. Rupert just wants someone who will do it without him facing trillion dollar lawsuits.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2023, 12:39:24 PM »
Causing a company to lose $787 million with another lawsuit pending that could triple this $$$ with cause things like this to happen.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2023, 12:41:33 PM »

Newsmax and OAN exist.  Also, after this I would bet my house that he is fielding multiple offers from online media.

The 65 year olds all are on facebook and share Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, Dennis Prager, and Steven Crowder clips nonstop.

To think Tucker can't collaborate with those groups is short sighted.  Tucker isn't stupid, and his value on the open market will never be higher.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2023, 12:48:07 PM »
Tucker being gone means nothing.  He has a huge following and will likely parlay this into his own brand where he reaps even more money with even less oversight.

As with most things GOP related these days, it's a cult of personality. His viewers will follow him, and especially when he uses the tried and true, "They tried to silence the truth" line that all of his rubes routinely fall for.

For them there is a boogey man around every corner coming for their, 'way of life'.  He is the PERFECT man to give the hogs their daily feeding of slop.

If you didn't watch him before, great, but get those you know away from people like him.  They're too stupid to know how dangerous a man with low moral character and a megaphone can be.

I'd say good riddance, but this isn't even close to the last anyone has heard of him.

Greenwald pretty much took your "all things GOP" argument apart.

---

Glenn Greenwald @ggreenwald

Tucker was the cable host who most:

* Opposed US proxy war in Ukraine;

* Denounced CIA, FBI and DHS for its systemic lies and corruption;

* Devoted himself to a pardon for Julian Assange;

* Objected to regime change efforts in Cuba;

* Criticized Trump Admin's militarism.

From 8pm to 9pm on Fox, there was extreme, even fundamental, disagreements between Tucker and Hannity on those key issues - the kind of internal debate unthinkable on any other network: in lockstep.

I'd wager the new 8pm host will be far more aligned with Hannity: standard GOP.

I'm not making claims, yet, on what caused this separation. I'm just noting: the removal of Tucker means the elimination of the only real, sustained dissent on US militarism, the US Security State and more 👆(Laura & Jesse Waters are the only others in prime-time near that).

11:36 AM · Apr 24, 2023
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 12:49:43 PM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2023, 12:54:26 PM »
This could be in the Investing thread, too, but I'll throw it here ...

FOX down about 3%, WBD (CNN parent company) down about 1.6%. Both stocks have bounced off earlier lows.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2023, 12:59:37 PM »
Newsmax and OAN exist.  Also, after this I would bet my house that he is fielding multiple offers from online media.

The 65 year olds all are on facebook and share Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, Dennis Prager, and Steven Crowder clips nonstop.

To think Tucker can't collaborate with those groups is short sighted.  Tucker isn't stupid, and his value on the open market will never be higher.

A few thoughts here:
- Regardless of where Tucker goes, it won't have the platform or built-in audience he had at Fox. When Tucker began hosting his Fox prime-time show, his ratings almost immediately matched those of O'Reilly, Why? Not because he brought new viewers with him or was established as must-watch TV on the right. Because O'Reilly's audience for the most part simply didn't change the channel. They were loyal to the Fox brand, not an individual host. As TSmith notes above, the only time Fox viewers threaten to abandon the brand is when they're told what they don't want to hear. As long as Tucker's replacement provides a reliable Fox Newsy spin, I believe the audience largely will stay put.
- I don't believe those 65-year-olds scrolling through Facebook are likely to watch 60-minute online news programs while glued to their iPads. They're going to turn on their TVs, as they have for the past four decades. Brand and viewing habits are hard to break, especially for the AARP crowd.
- I have little doubt Tucker catches on somewhere and continues his spiel. I very much doubt a large portion of his current audience abandons Fox and follows him there. Again, see Bill O'Reilly Or Megyn Kelly.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2023, 01:00:31 PM »

Honest question - what is the median age of any news viewer? I'm pretty sure my kids watch very little -- if any -- news.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2023, 01:04:20 PM »
Honest question - what is the median age of any news viewer? I'm pretty sure my kids watch very little -- if any -- news.

From what I found:
Fox - 65
MSNBC - 68
CNN - 64

Young people don't watch TV news (or read news, for that matter).

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2023, 01:06:35 PM »
From what I found:
Fox - 65
MSNBC - 68
CNN - 64

Thank you for an informative, non-snarky response. You'll probably get a temporary ban for a TOS violation.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2023, 02:09:10 PM »
From what I found:
Fox - 65
MSNBC - 68
CNN - 64

Weather Channel?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2023, 02:22:55 PM »
...and CNN just "fired" Don Lemon.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2023, 02:40:43 PM »
I think this is true, so long as Fox just keeps pumping out the lies that its audience demands. Remember that they went in hard for the Big Lie because they immediately lost viewers to Newsmax and OAN when they admitted that Biden won. It was their fear of losing audience by telling the truth that led them down this path.

So to a certain extent, it doesn't matter who replaces Tuckems, the audience now controls Fox. If Fox doesn't accede to whatever crazy sh!t the edges of the right-wing nutters come up with on a daily basis, the audience riots. Tuck was #1 because he absolutely had no moral qualms about amplifying the most outrageous, racist crap that the audience demanded, but as long as *someone* continues to deliver the delicious lies that the viewers want, Fox will be fine. Rupert just wants someone who will do it without him facing trillion dollar lawsuits.

"If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor, if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance."
Barak Obama

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2023, 02:57:54 PM »
The Mope Squad will have to find a new bogeyman.

You guys moving on from The View?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2023, 02:58:49 PM »
"If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor, if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance."
Barak Obama
In all seriousness, you consider these two things to be remotely the same thing?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2023, 03:01:58 PM »
Once again, Jon Stewart is right
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2023, 03:02:57 PM »
Sew wuz Billy, aina?