[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cameron and Chetek  (Read 1544 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Cameron and Chetek
« on: April 15, 2023, 06:05:25 PM »
Tough day.

Support by the thousands.

tower912

• All American
Re: Cameron and Chetek
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 06:56:44 PM »
Indeed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 06:25:22 PM »
Tough day.

Support by the thousands.

they shoulda sent social workers ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 07:23:18 PM »
4 shot dead today in tiny Bowdoin, Maine.

Forbes online says there have been 164 mass shootings already this year in America - and we’re not even a third of the way through.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 07:36:43 PM »

Forbes online says there have been 164 mass shootings already this year in America - and we’re not even a third of the way through.

You really get off on this shït, don"t you?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 07:58:29 PM »
Yeah I mean could we stop with this topic? Every thread breaks into the same nonsense and gets locked. Maybe we should just stop?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 08:03:17 PM »
Yeah I mean could we stop with this topic? Every thread breaks into the same nonsense and gets locked. Maybe we should just stop?

I’d prefer mass shootings would stop
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 08:22:38 PM »
I’d prefer mass shootings would stop

So do I. Posting on here won’t do anything to help that happen.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 08:31:00 PM »
So do I. Posting on here won’t do anything to help that happen.

That’s true, too

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 08:36:47 PM »
Does anything posted on here change anything?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 08:38:03 PM »
Does anything posted on here change anything?

We proved the tournament is a crapshoot

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 08:42:51 PM »
That was like proving water is wet.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 08:49:07 PM »
That was like proving water is wet.

Plenty of posters here would argue against that depending on the source

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2023, 06:27:08 AM »

Mike, what the eff is wrong with you?  Seriously.

Crap on a thread about two officers killed in the line of duty being honored by their communities. Real classy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2023, 07:05:01 AM »
Mike, what the eff is wrong with you?  Seriously.

Crap on a thread about two officers killed in the line of duty being honored by their communities. Real classy.

They were killed by a person who had too-easy access to guns. What the eff is wrong with people that such a thing doesn't piss them off enough to work toward changing the status quo? Seriously.

Of course I feel awful for the slain officers' families, just as I feel badly for the victims of the 164 mass shootings that already have taken place in America this year. What I won't do is just shake my head, give thoughts and prayers, and say that absolutely nothing can or should be done to try to prevent some of this carnage in the future.

This post from Pakuni about possible (and desperately needed) gun-safety legislation, which appeared in one of the other threads about the gun carnage that some just accept as a byproduct of Americans' "God-given right" to own weapons of mass destruction, merits inclusion in this and every related thread going forward:

Many of us have made many suggestions over the years here. Universal background checks for all gun sales. Federalize gun laws so someone banned from acquiring a gun in one state can't drive across the border and get one in a neighboring state. Bans on military-style rifles. Limits on clip size. A national red flag law. A national gun registry. Safe storage requirements. Mandatory reporting of lost or stolen guns.

Before some super intelligent person says "But this won't stop all shootings" ... yeah, we know. Just like stricter DUI laws haven't stopped every moron from getting behind the wheel after having too many drinks. But, just as stricter DUI laws have helped reduce DUI fatalities, these will stop some shootings, and aren't those lives worth saving? I mean, how many schoolchildren, grocery shoppers, church attendees and concertgoers are you willing to sacrifice so some doofus can feel tough by owning an AR-15?

And, I'll add, how many cops are folks willing to sacrifice?

I wish like hell this thread didn't exist, chili, because that would mean those officers didn't die in the line of duty. The real classy thing to do -- what I'm guessing many of those officers' family members and friends would want -- would be to work toward an America where we don't have such an event almost every single day.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 07:09:30 AM by MU82 »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2023, 07:15:28 AM »
They were killed by a person who had too-easy access to guns. What the eff is wrong with people that such a thing doesn't piss them off enough to work toward changing the status quo? Seriously.

Of course I feel awful for the slain officers' families, just as I feel badly for the victims of the 164 mass shootings that already have taken place in America this year. What I won't do is just shake my head, give thoughts and prayers, and say that absolutely nothing can or should be done to try to prevent some of this carnage in the future.

This post from Pakuni about possible (and desperately needed) gun-safety legislation, which appeared in one of the other threads about the gun carnage that some just accept as a byproduct of Americans' "God-given right" to own weapons of mass destruction, merits inclusion in this and every related thread going forward:

Many of us have made many suggestions over the years here. Universal background checks for all gun sales. Federalize gun laws so someone banned from acquiring a gun in one state can't drive across the border and get one in a neighboring state. Bans on military-style rifles. Limits on clip size. A national red flag law. A national gun registry. Safe storage requirements. Mandatory reporting of lost or stolen guns.

Before some super intelligent person says "But this won't stop all shootings" ... yeah, we know. Just like stricter DUI laws haven't stopped every moron from getting behind the wheel after having too many drinks. But, just as stricter DUI laws have helped reduce DUI fatalities, these will stop some shootings, and aren't those lives worth saving? I mean, how many schoolchildren, grocery shoppers, church attendees and concertgoers are you willing to sacrifice so some doofus can feel tough by owning an AR-15?

And, I'll add, how many cops are folks willing to sacrifice?

I wish like hell this thread didn't exist, chili, because that would mean those officers didn't die in the line of duty. The real classy thing to do -- what I'm guessing many of those officers' family members and friends would want -- would be to work toward an America where we don't have such an event almost every single day.

Bullsh1t  Mike.

Mods, please lock this thread.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2023, 07:55:03 AM »
Bullsh1t  Mike.

Which part is bullsh1t, chili?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2023, 08:04:43 AM »
Which part is bullsh1t, chili?

Your agenda to crap on the mourning of two police officers killed in the line of duty.  Period.

The are other threads for gun topics, and you know that. 

You get them shut down on a regular basis.  Congrats on the imminent closing of this thread too.

Mods, shut 'er down.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2023, 08:54:14 AM »
Your agenda to crap on the mourning of two police officers killed in the line of duty.  Period.

You get them shut down on a regular basis.  Congrats on the imminent closing of this thread too.

Mods, shut 'er down.

We literally have to mourn for victims of shootings every day.

My “agenda” is trying to reduce gun deaths, and therefore the need to mourn so often. Period.

I hope you’ll join me in that agenda, chili.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2023, 08:58:19 AM »
We literally have to mourn for victims of shootings every day.

My “agenda” is trying to reduce gun deaths, and therefore the need to mourn so often. Period.

I hope you’ll join me in that agenda, chili.

You are being intentionally obtuse....as usual. 

I'm done.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2023, 09:03:18 AM »

Mods, shut 'er down.

Complete lack of self-control and constant need for attention. Plus a disturbing fetish for dead people.   He should seek help.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2023, 09:03:46 AM »
You are being intentionally obtuse....as usual. 

I'm done.
I wish you well, my friend.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2023, 09:11:32 AM »
Complete lack of self-control and constant need for attention. Plus a disturbing fetish for dead people.   He should seek help.
Can't tell if you are being intentionally or unintentionally ironic.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2023, 09:14:55 AM »
I have a take on this more akin to Chili's.

Two police officers sworn to protect us go to work on a quiet early spring day in Northwestern Wisconsin. The officers go about their business, which includes ensuring traffic safety so the good people of Chetek aren't maimed or killed by unsafe drivers who think basic traffic laws are advisory.

They stop someone for speeding and, apparently, attempting to flee an officer. People who attempt to elude a police officer either are stupid or they've got far bigger problems with the legal system than a traffic citation. So a local officer from Cameron joins in.

As they stop the offender, he opens up a gun and fires on them, eventually killing them both. When you kill a police officer, you're killing a part of every one of us.

Put another way, if an offender is not afraid to kill a police officer, what's going to stop him or her from killing any of us?

We mourn police officers killed in the line of duty -- be it in Chetek, Chicago or anyplace else, the same way we mourn soldiers and sailors killed defending America. They're serving us and their families paid the ultimate price.

I've done my share of complaining about police tactics in my day. Heck, my Mom was badly mistreated by, of all people, a Chetek police officer, back in the late 1960s. But, our police are there when we need them and I'm always going to be grateful for the sacrifice officers made in the line of duty.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2023, 09:15:37 AM »
Can't tell if you are being intentionally or unintentionally ironic.

Tell me what is incorrect about my analysis of our local blogger/house husband/misogynist.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2023, 09:22:40 AM »
Just about everything.  But he is your obsession, your other.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2023, 09:47:12 AM »
Just about everything.  But he is your obsession, your other.

You 2 are meant for each other.  BFFs 4eva!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2023, 10:19:53 AM »
Thanks.  I cannot think of a better compliment.

feedback