[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023 Masters Thread  (Read 7498 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: 2023 Masters Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2023, 05:20:57 PM »
Koepka two strong days in a row. Can sleep in tomorrow. When he is healthy and in his focused zone is very hard to beat in these majors. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2023, 05:24:56 PM »
Big trees knocked down next to 17 tee by the wind. 

Edit:  They did not clear out spectators.  Crazy video.

Please tell me that no pimento cheese sandwiches were harmed in the video.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2023, 05:43:48 PM »
Koepka two strong days in a row. Can sleep in tomorrow. When he is healthy and in his focused zone is very hard to beat in these majors.

If he was an honorable man, he’d walk onto the course and assess himself a two-stroke penalty for cheating the field and tournament.

He’s lead is very tainted and should he win, it’ll forever be marred by his ungentlemanly choice not to penalize himself.  Arnold Palmer and Bobby Jones must be rolling over in their graves.  Truly despicable behavior.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2023, 05:52:25 PM »
It is funny that Jon Rahm is -9 through 27 holes and is an afterthought.  He has the best career winning percentage to start a career since Tiger and has 4 top-10’s in 4 of The Masters he has played.  Also, he had guys beat up Dustin before the ‘17 Masters for hitting on his wife. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2023, 08:09:56 PM »
Not an afterthought to me, Unk. I still think Rahm wins.

Meanwhile, weather makes it appear that a Monday finish is likely.

MU1in77

• Walk-On
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2023, 09:08:20 PM »
Could someone please explain what Koepka did that was so offensive to the rules of golf?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2023, 09:27:13 PM »
Could someone please explain what Koepka did that was so offensive to the rules of golf?

I believe his caddy told Woodland’s what club Koepka used. Which would give an advantage to Woodland.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2023, 10:20:26 PM »

He shared club information with a competitor which puts the whole field at a disadvantage.  It’s as dishonorable a thing one can do in a tournament and why those that do it are expected to take and call a 2-stroke penalty on themselves.

Unfortunately, these LIV guys play at courses whose owners doesn’t respect or follow the rules of golf and many of them have forgotten golf is a game of gentleman.  In their defense, the pressure to win is great because the people paying their checks are not afraid to kill on a whim.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2023, 10:51:07 PM »
The Masters may not finish until Tues.  Monday will be the best case scenario. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2023, 07:50:27 AM »
If Rahm can be within a shot or two after R2 … I don’t just like his chances, I love them.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2023, 08:06:01 AM »
  " You’re probably fine with people driving carts onto greens, too."

do you really need to be a d!ck most of the time?  you don't know me at all and my approach to golf as others here can attest to my respect for the game so i'd appreciate you save your snark for your "friends"
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2023, 08:09:05 AM »
If Rahm can be within a shot or two after R2 … I don’t just like his chances, I love them.

Hard to believe they're gonna play in this all day.  I assume they'll finish Rd 2.  Really important 6 holes for Rahm. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2023, 08:12:29 AM »
He shared club information with a competitor which puts the whole field at a disadvantage.  It’s as dishonorable a thing one can do in a tournament and why those that do it are expected to take and call a 2-stroke penalty on themselves.

Unfortunately, these LIV guys play at courses whose owners doesn’t respect or follow the rules of golf and many of them have forgotten golf is a game of gentleman.  In their defense, the pressure to win is great because the people paying their checks are not afraid to kill on a whim.

it was all discussed with the augusta/masters golf rules committee.  they determined no breach of rules.  if you don't think they would have loved to nail a PGA defector, you aren't as smart as you believe yourself to be.  your opinion however is well known and to be respected as well.  it would be nice if you could occasionally respect those of others, but i don't believe you have the ability to discipline yourself as such.  you must be as big of an a$$ to play with on the course as well...no surprise there

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2023, 08:17:57 AM »
  it was all discussed with the augusta/masters golf rules committee.  they determined no breach of rules.  if you don't think they would have loved to nail a PGA defector, you aren't as smart as you believe yourself to be.  your opinion however is well known and to be respected as well.  it would be nice if you could occasionally respect those of others, but i don't believe you have the ability to discipline yourself as such.  you must be as big of an a$$ to play with on the course as well...no surprise there

People hate playing with me because I’m a gentleman that expects my fellow golfers to abide by the rules of golf and when they don’t, I admonish them.  It’s a gentleman’s game and it’s clear Brooks Koepka is not a gentleman.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2023, 08:18:11 AM »
Hard to believe they're gonna play in this all day.  I assume they'll finish Rd 2.  Really important 6 holes for Rahm.

unless there's lightning and/or driving rain/snow, yes, these last 2 rounds are going to be played under less than ideal conditions muggs.  i'm really not sure what else could shut this down and what the line in the sand is for playing conditions.  this would be an interesting topic to discuss-

my biggest question would be, how can you really assess a players outcome when they could be playing under vastly different conditions.  it's almost like they would be playing different courses for that matter.  let's say one player, who tees off in the morning, rain, wind, cold etc then a player who plays in the afternoon under more ideal conditions, greens softened up, more roll on the fairways...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2023, 08:28:35 AM »
People hate playing with me because I’m a gentleman that expects my fellow golfers to abide by the rules of golf and when they don’t, I admonish them.  It’s a gentleman’s game and it’s clear Brooks Koepka is not a gentleman.

he took it before the rules committee!  what more do you want/  he got a ruling...one that you don't like because you don't like brooks koepka.  so, i get it, you don't like the ruling from the augusta golf committee, probably one of the most honorable there is, but because you don't like brooks koepka, they should have ruled differently?? what if brooks would have said because of the implied action, he would penalize himself and then upon further review, it is ruled to be unnecessary and reversed?  that screws things up entirely   

it is important to get a ruling here expediently as it affects the competition going forward as opposed to finding out after the match.  that would be the spirit of the game.  that is what the koepka team did

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2023, 08:29:27 AM »
  unless there's lightning and/or driving rain/snow, yes, these last 2 rounds are going to be played under less than ideal conditions muggs.  i'm really not sure what else could shut this down and what the line in the sand is for playing conditions.  this would be an interesting topic to discuss-

my biggest question would be, how can you really assess a players outcome when they could be playing under vastly different conditions.  it's almost like they would be playing different courses for that matter.  let's say one player, who tees off in the morning, rain, wind, cold etc then a player who plays in the afternoon under more ideal conditions, greens softened up, more roll on the fairways...

I just think there will be too much water but I could be wrong. The wind isn't too bad.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2023, 08:34:47 AM »
Rahm about to go to -11.  I have to agree that if he's within one or two you have to like his chances.  He will not be intimidated by Koepka. 

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2023, 08:41:14 AM »
Rahm about to go to -11.  I have to agree that if he's within one or two you have to like his chances.  He will not be intimidated by Koepka.

If he had Koepka’s tee times, he would be like 16 under.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2023, 08:42:16 AM »

https://golf.com/news/masters-ruling-brooks-koepka-caddie-video/?amp=1

"It's against the rules, but it happens all the time, though less blatantly/obviously, and we basically don't even enforce it. So we're not going to enforce it this time either despite the video evidence."

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2023, 08:45:35 AM »
Not a good club decision at all on 16 by Rahm and his caddy. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2023, 08:49:59 AM »
Aside from the pride factor, I wonder if Tiger really even wants to make the cut. He’s obviously hurting and the weather sucks and r obviously doesn’t need the dough. But there is the cuts-made streak.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2023, 08:55:12 AM »
It will be interesting to see how Koepka holds up the next two rounds. Not just from a LIV 54 holes joke, but also health and weather. Although, he might not have to play much on Saturday.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2023, 09:13:43 AM »
It will be interesting to see how Koepka holds up the next two rounds. Not just from a LIV 54 holes joke, but also health and weather. Although, he might not have to play much on Saturday.

I could see him having a meltdown. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2023, 09:14:47 AM »
  he took it before the rules committee!  what more do you want/  he got a ruling...one that you don't like because you don't like brooks koepka.  so, i get it, you don't like the ruling from the augusta golf committee, probably one of the most honorable there is, but because you don't like brooks koepka, they should have ruled differently?? what if brooks would have said because of the implied action, he would penalize himself and then upon further review, it is ruled to be unnecessary and reversed?  that screws things up entirely   

it is important to get a ruling here expediently as it affects the competition going forward as opposed to finding out after the match.  that would be the spirit of the game.  that is what the koepka team did

A gentleman calls a penalty on himself instead of letting the club make the decision.  He’s simply not honorable at all.  But that’s not a surprise coming from him who think he’s above the game.  Bobby Jones would be sick to his stomach

feedback