[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023 Masters Thread  (Read 7447 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2023 Masters Thread
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2023, 07:02:04 PM »
Only 3 players have gotten to -12 during a major after two rounds and not won.

Brooks joins the Great White Choker who did it twice.

That’s a shame
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2023, 07:03:43 PM »
Looks like Brooks received Sunday at The Masters tips from Commissioner Norman. Good news, it looks like the Aces won the team event and won $26 million a guy that goes against their signing bonuses.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2023, 07:06:20 PM »
Looks like Brooks received Sunday at The Masters tips from Commissioner Norman. Good news, it looks like the Aces won the team event and won $26 million a guy that goes against their signing bonuses.

Rumor has it Phil played so well today because after skipping the Masters last year, all the new faces he saw as matches for Amy revved him up

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2023, 07:14:32 PM »
I know we have said this about Rory, Speith, and Morikawa but I don't see any weaknesses in Rahm or Scheffler's game.  Obviously golf is golf and things can change on a dime but these two are that talented and seem to have unflappable demeanors.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2023, 07:19:58 PM »
I know we have said this about Rory, Speith, and Morikawa but I don't see any weaknesses in Rahm or Scheffler's game.  Obviously golf is golf and things can change on a dime but these two are that talented and seem to have unflappable demeanors.

Rahm is the best of that group.  His record since he turned pro is as good as anyone not named Tiger.  The game is deeper than it has ever been and winning majors is harder than ever.  Despite this, Rahm has been a winner and top-10 machine. 

He’s avoided the scar tissue that Spieth found at the ‘16 Masters.  He doesn’t have the putting woes Morikawa does.  He doesn’t twist his mind the ways Rory does.  Scottie might be close but I’ll take Rahm when it’s all said and done.  If he’s determined to be a legend of the game, he’s going to be a contender for a long time

tower912

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2023, 07:38:33 PM »
I hadn't really thought about it, but maybe that is why Commissioner Norman leads a golf league that has 54 hole tournaments.    His 54 hole record was awesome.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2023, 07:39:44 PM »
Rahm is the best of that group.  His record since he turned pro is as good as anyone not named Tiger.  The game is deeper than it has ever been and winning majors is harder than ever.  Despite this, Rahm has been a winner and top-10 machine. 

He’s avoided the scar tissue that Spieth found at the ‘16 Masters.  He doesn’t have the putting woes Morikawa does.  He doesn’t twist his mind the ways Rory does.  Scottie might be close but I’ll take Rahm when it’s all said and done.  If he’s determined to be a legend of the game, he’s going to be a contender for a long time

I think that's accurate.  The thing is when I watch Rahm I never worry about him driving it all over the place. Then you add his two knock down wedges today from 80-85 yards, plus his touch around the greens, and he's a nightmare to beat .  I also love his 4/5 swing and club head speed with that wicked/badass power draw. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2023, 07:41:46 PM »
I think that's accurate.  The thing is when I watch Rahm I never worry about him driving it all over the place. Then you add his two knock down wedges today from 80-85 yards, plus his touch around the greens, and he's a nightmare to beat .  I also love his 4/5 swing and club head speed with that wicked/badass power draw.

I’d think the compactness of his swing versus other younger players holds up longer, too.  So many of these young guys are going to breakdown physically at a young age.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2023, 07:49:22 PM »
I’d think the compactness of his swing versus other younger players holds up longer, too.  So many of these young guys are going to breakdown physically at a young age.

That's a great point.  I think he has that swing because of physical limitations but still generates incredible power. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2023, 08:44:07 PM »
Rumor has it Phil played so well today because after skipping the Masters last year, all the new faces he saw as matches for Amy revved him up

+1, in the bedroom.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2023, 09:51:30 PM »

His swing always looks a tiny bit too quick to me … and then the result is effen perfect. Which is why he could end up being an all-time great and I’m a 20+ handicapper!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2023, 10:14:33 PM »
His swing always looks a tiny bit too quick to me … and then the result is effen perfect. Which is why he could end up being an all-time great and I’m a 20+ handicapper!

it's extremely rare when he doesn't hit a ball flush.  I can't hit with that pop but similarly don't have a huge hinge.  Now if we're talking ping-ping I can unload with heavy lumber with my forehand at will and inflict tremendous damage.  :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2023, 06:55:04 AM »
I was surprised to hear that Rahm is the first European player to win both the Masters and U.S. Open.

Lots of greats over the years, including the much-mentioned Ballesteros and Olazabal, as well as Faldo, McIlroy and so many others.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2023, 05:24:21 PM »
I read somewhere, I think it was seth greenberg from ESPN had trouble with what Freddie couples was wearing at the masters.  He referred to it as a sweatshirt or something?  I was following the masters pretty closely and I am also attuned to proper golf attire especially in proper places.  we have to remove our caps anytime we enter our clubhouses and whenever I go into any other clubhouse it’s just a habit to remove my cap and/ or ask 

In any event, did anyone else here think bam-bam was out of line?  It never really crossed my mind.  He looked just fine even for the masters which along with the open, are the elite events of golf

don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2023, 05:45:44 PM »
Boom-boom.  Old guy trying to stay warm.  Hernia surgery upcoming.   Non-issue.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2023, 06:22:11 PM »
it's extremely rare when he doesn't hit a ball flush.  I can't hit with that pop but similarly don't have a huge hinge.  Now if we're talking ping-ping I can unload with heavy lumber with my forehand at will and inflict tremendous damage.  :)

What’s ping-ping?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2023, 06:33:45 PM »
Lots of hate for Michelson here. Other than Rahm’s dominance (so,so solid) and maybe Rory’s epic fail, Phil’s performance Sunday was the highlight of the tournament. What he did given his age was amazing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2023, 06:53:36 PM »
Two years ago, I would have been ecstatic.   

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2023, 06:58:17 PM »
What’s ping-ping?

Typo, my bad.  My 🏓 game used to be lights out Lenny.  Unless I matched up with a pro of course. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2023, 10:24:39 AM »
Lots of hate for Michelson here. Other than Rahm’s dominance (so,so solid) and maybe Rory’s epic fail, Phil’s performance Sunday was the highlight of the tournament. What he did given his age was amazing.

Phil is an pretty boy, not hard to cheer against,

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2023, 12:07:08 PM »
Phil sucks

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2023, 12:13:28 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2023, 12:41:41 PM »
Phil sucks

Especially at gambling and insider trading

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2023, 10:48:32 AM »
Rory opts out of RBC?  A very expensive decision…unless he’s picking out his shorts for the LIV tour😉 and half a chuckle

Many of those who played in masters don’t seem to have a problem playin this weekend rahm!  Spieth morikawa, Scott, etc etc.
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2023, 11:24:47 AM »
Rory opts out of RBC?  A very expensive decision…unless he’s picking out his shorts for the LIV tour😉 and half a chuckle

Many of those who played in masters don’t seem to have a problem playin this weekend rahm!  Spieth morikawa, Scott, etc etc.

I think he'll survive.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback