Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 5 Start Flash Breaking News  (Read 5434 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: 5 Start Flash Breaking News
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2023, 06:32:58 PM »
Think he still has a lot of potential so bummer to lose him.

But assuming no surprise players leave, he was gonna have no chance at PT next year.

What are your playing time expectations for Lowrey and Norman as Frosh?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2023, 06:50:33 PM »
That’s a tough question, Tre and Lowery are both good players, for Tre, he will have to beat out Jones, if he does that then 15 minutes. For Lowery he will have to beat out Ross, I do not see it, maybe 5 minutes.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2023, 06:54:08 PM »
That’s a tough question, Tre and Lowery are both good players, for Tre, he will have to beat out Jones, if he does that then 15 minutes. For Lowery he will have to beat out Ross, I do not see it, maybe 5 minutes.

Taking expectations for freshman and subtract 80% of expectations
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2023, 06:56:02 PM »
He just got Out-Smart-ed

Been sitting on that one for over a year huh

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2023, 06:57:46 PM »
Been sitting on that one for over a year huh

Just wanted to beat Badger fans to the punch
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2023, 07:18:16 PM »
Nope that means full.
Why don’t people get this?

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2023, 07:32:48 PM »
Good luck to Ellis, hoping he finds a great opportunity at his next stop.  I could see him dropping down a level and becoming a lead player at a next program.  Perhaps a place like Wichita State, SLU or Drake.

Regardless, hope it's a good fit for him.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2023, 07:34:49 PM »
Wisconsin is a mid major. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2023, 08:39:12 PM »
Unless...we did.
I agree with this analysis
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2023, 09:43:39 PM »
We saw him as a spot player as a freshman. Imagine what we’d think of Oso if players never developed over their 4 year college career.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2023, 10:12:13 PM »
We saw him as a spot player as a freshman. Imagine what we’d think of Oso if players never developed over their 4 year college career.

Excellent point.

Those who thought Marquette would stink this year were incapable of believing that our returning players could improve significantly. It simply didn't dawn on them.

I look for guys like Ross, Gold and Sean Jones to improve significantly, and I'm already very excited about next season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2023, 10:25:01 PM »
Really liked his game and thought he could come back and contribute.  I'm sure there are programs where he can get serious minutes.

Could we send him "down" to Bradley and then bring him back up after a couple years there?  Like MU's own G-league team?
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2023, 10:51:03 PM »
When the news came that EE was having surgery, it was also mentioned that he as ailing for quite some time . So we never got to see a healthy EE.

I respect the young man for putting in the effort to gain muscle in the meantime .

My guess is there will be many schools interested based on EEs MU/Shaka pedigree.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2023, 08:16:15 AM »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2023, 09:00:42 AM »
Good luck to EE - seemed like a great young man and wish him all the best at his next destination.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2023, 09:25:27 AM »
Shaka was pretty high on EE’s potential.   If healthy, I’m sure he will be a solid player just based on what Shaka saw in him.  All the best to the young man.   

Viper

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2023, 09:43:59 AM »
Wisconsin is a mid major.
I agree with this
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2023, 11:01:11 AM »
Excellent point.

Those who thought Marquette would stink this year were incapable of believing that our returning players could improve significantly. It simply didn't dawn on them.

I look for guys like Ross, Gold and Sean Jones to improve significantly, and I'm already very excited about next season.

And this is what EE may have seen as the writing on the wall. He might not break into the rotation next season if the 2022-23 team stays intact. Add in the new class, and his bid for playing time is even more difficult.

I appreciate EE’s efforts with and commitment to MU. And I wish him all the best moving forward.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2023, 11:12:19 AM »
Good luck, E² - wish you'd had better health so you could have shown us what you could do at MU.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2023, 11:12:28 AM »
100%

There will likely be more squeezing either in the upcoming year or the following. MU played 9 deep this year; it is pretty much impossible to find playing time for 12/13 guys and keep them all happy.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2023, 11:17:54 AM »
100%

There will likely be more squeezing either in the upcoming year or the following. MU played 9 deep this year; it is pretty much impossible to find playing time for 12/13 guys and keep them all happy.

You definitely could be right but let's say everyone comes back...they make a deeper run in March.

Oso and OMax would almost certainly be gone after next season. Kolek probably? would too. All of a sudden there is (at least) 3 starting spots available.

All of a sudden Ross is slotted in as a starter, Norman and Sean have increased minutes with one of them starting. Maybe Amadou and Gold slot in as well.

I get why we all assume movement, but maybe this development and relationships philosophy really is something here...who knows!
VIOLENCE!

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2023, 11:21:07 AM »
100%

College basketball has changed, you do not know who will be on your team from year to year due to the portal.  So you recruit 13 kids, and some will see the
writing on the wall, or the coach will tell him he has to go.  Also, you can recruit a project or two, like MU has.  Those can be your 12th or 13th man, and someday
they can turn into a Frank Kaminsky, who barely played the his first 2 years.  I expect some kids will leave after next year as they might be beat out for playing time
next year.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2023, 12:29:39 PM »
College basketball has changed, you do not know who will be on your team from year to year due to the portal.  So you recruit 13 kids, and some will see the
writing on the wall, or the coach will tell him he has to go.  Also, you can recruit a project or two, like MU has.  Those can be your 12th or 13th man, and someday
they can turn into a Frank Kaminsky, who barely played the his first 2 years.  I expect some kids will leave after next year as they might be beat out for playing time
next year.
We are saying the same thing. Of course you recruit the 12th and 13th guy, but EE is leaving (as is Wrightsil) because they want more than 12th/13th guy minutes.

Keeyan is a slightly different story in that after two years in the program he could only get walk-on minutes; think the writing was on the wall for him.

feedback